Hargrave to Retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done - I remember when you came back from Glandular Fever after getting down to 57kg in your first year at the club

A real solid player. Was a key part of our back 6 which was so good over the years. Time for Howard & Tutt to step up and make that position their own.

Always a fan of Shaggy, never took a backward step. Whacked Barry Hall after the Chris Grant behind play hit as well. :thumbsu:

Probably surprised many with his, umm, abilities when things got tough...

Loved him as a player - always playing on bigger opponents, never shirked an issue, often good for a goal after sneaking forward. Mr Reliable! Pretty good get at #66 in the 1999 draft.

Will be reminded of him every time I watch Daniel Talia - will they be calling him "Shaggy" now?

Probably surprised many with his, umm, abilities when things got tough...

Loved him as a player - always playing on bigger opponents, never shirked an issue, often good for a goal after sneaking forward. Mr Reliable! Pretty good get at #66 in the 1999 draft.

Will be reminded of him every time I watch Daniel Talia - will they be calling him "Shaggy" now?

Michael ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Shaggy on a great career. It's going to be weird not having him and Gilbee around.
Wouldn't say great career, he had one good year. Apart from that he consistently turned it over.

Another favourite player hanging up the boots. Couldn't believe how he managed to play a full year on a broken ankle - that is courage!! Good luck Shaggy, will treasure my photo of you and I:thumbsu:

Wouldn't say great career, he had one good year. Apart from that he consistently turned it over.
From where he came from, I would say he had a great career. 09 was a great year for him, but he certainly had more than one good year. That's selling him short by a long way.

Well his retirement brought me out of retirement..
Congrats on a fantastic career Ryan.

I remember in 2003 (my first real year of following football) when he was playing fullback against Essendon on Matthew Lloyd who ended up kicking something like 10 goals. Then a few weeks later I think (my is a bit memory hazy here) he was placed on the G-Train who ended up kicking a few too. Talking about a tough initiation!

Always played as an undersized defender. A bit like Morris.

What's some of your other memories of him?

Always punched above his weight. Used to love his willingness to push forward and kick a big 50m+ goal. The rivalry between Lake, Gilbee and Hargrave for backman goal kicking bragging rights was fun to watch.

You don't play 200 AFL games playing one good season.....ridiculous comment
You can have a good career and play one great year. Some one quoted he had a great career, I said one great year doesn't mean you had a great career. IMA he had an ok career, not a great career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back