Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's almost like one of those deals that worries you a little because it just seems too good to be true.

Yeah...That kid has top five in the competition potential. His balance on both feet is amazing. And if he's around goals he just goes at them.

If he hits that potential and has Fyfe doing his thing? Jeeeeeeessssssuuuuuuuusssssssss

wayToGo_ Nice video! I reckon he will lift the whole team. But I fear there will be issues with him and it will come down to whether hes a Son-son\Johnno or a Sylvia.

BTW I reckon if Harley stays on the right track, he'll start getting ranked according to the number of tissue boxes fans go thru each game.
Although unlike Sylvia his form and fitness is fine, it's only off-field that is the problem. If you watch this video from back in June I think he looks genuine that he has let his family down. Now he is back home hopefully the Dockers staff and players plus his family can keep him on the straight and narrow. It's his last chance so it's up to him. Plenty of good role-models at Freo just hope his attitude is where it needs to be.

My favourite video is actually his draft prospect in 2010. Just so talented even back then - I think he deserved 1st pick over David Swallow even - both went to GC anyway.

Anyone who is skilled and "time rich" could do a graph tracking 'whole club improvement'.
Dunno how you delineate,isolate and measure such a multiplicity of factors(obviously off field and financials are large) I'd imagine we'd be toward the top on overall measurement of forward moving clubs.

Hack dorm said on Friday on 6PR that Fyfe had got stuck into Harleywhen he met with the leadership group and that they wouldn't put up with any crap. On another note, Hackdorn also said Harley hasn't impressed Freo officials so far, didn't say why.
Has anyone heard anything about This?

Cool, so Fyfe is happy with Harley's application so far and Harley is impressed with the Freo officials professionalism.

I think he deserved 1st pick over David Swallow even - both went to GC anyway.

I think it has already been shown that he didn't deserve to be #1. He has just been traded for a poor deal. What trade do you think it would take to get Swallow? More importantly, Swallow is staying with the club that drafted him. Excellent pick.

I think it has already been shown that he didn't deserve to be #1. He has just been traded for a poor deal. What trade do you think it would take to get Swallow? More importantly, Swallow is staying with the club that drafted him. Excellent pick.
Yes of course in retrospect I completely agree - Swallow is a clear winner. I was just meaning based on what he showed in 2010 without knowing anything that would happen after that point in time.

Yes of course in retrospect I completely agree - Swallow is a clear winner. I was just meaning based on what he showed in 2010 without knowing anything that would happen after that point in time.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=&SelectedPlayers=2093,2084,&Compare=Go
It's actually closer than I thought it would be between the two. Similar number of games. Similar disposals. Bennell is clearly better at kicking goals, but not as defensive (tackles).
Considering how much better I thought Bennell was, perhaps that is because he is less consistent? We remember his excellent games, but not his poor ones?

I have no doubt that at the first meeting with players / officials after he was traded to Freo, the "riot act" was strongly pointed out to Harley. It clears the air and Harley is made certain of what is expected of him.

At the end of the meetings, all would have left with positive views of what is to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd wait and see about Swallow staying..

The point is still the same. He has been a better#1 option. The debate is not about if he stays or goes. But if he does go he will draw a better deal than they got for Harley
Actually no it wasn't. It was whether at the time of draft whether Swallow or Bennell should have been pick #1. You turned it into something completely different to that... making it about Swallow being clearly better in retrospect and should have been pick #1 based on everything that had since happened. If we had the advantage of retrospect then the draft would be a whole different beast because spuds wouldn't be picked at all and late picks of superstars would never exist. If that were the case Freo wouldn't have drafted Fyfe @ #20 and would have never drafted a bunch of other players that never reached their potential/became injured including Morabito etc. So by your same logic Tayl0r should be more than welcome to question whether Swallow will indeed be a better choice in the long run - ie if he doesn't stays @ GC (they aren't even playing finals so haven't got much value over what they got from Bennell yet), and if Bennell helps us win a premiership or Swallow moves to and helps another team.

Family.. That's what he requested anyway, whether he gets it or not is another
Son Son originally wanted Des Headland's number 11 back in the day? Back when he was no. 38 He hadn't been deemed worthy of making such a demand after his lack of discipline early on and it was given to someone else. Harley might need to show similar commitment to the club first before making such requests.

I dont think its much of a demand.
I think they have given harley a clean slate but with obvious restrictions.
There are no other real recruits, so unless an established player goes for it etc

6pr reporting trouble in paradise already regarding Harley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back