Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice story on how things are done the right way - Ross throwing a few steaks on the bbq, his guests Harley and his mum.

Harley Bennell has revealed that a dinner with Ross Lyon helped convince him that Fremantle was the club he wanted to be traded to.

Bennell, 23, was traded to the Dockers during the NAB AFL trade period following five seasons at the Gold Coast Suns.

The midfielder spoke publicly for the first time at Fremantle's annual members' meeting on Wednesday night, having returned early to pre-season training on Monday.

"Ross got me and my mother around for a barbeque," Bennell said.

"We shared some stories. He had some funny stories. That was nice of him to get my mother and myself around.

"We went over a few things. He shared his lifestyle growing up and I shared mine."

Bennell also revealed that he had caught up with Fremantle stars Michael Walters and Michael Johnson for a coffee recently.

Bennell said he was excited to be home in WA.

He said he was particularly excited to get the opportunity to play in front of his family and friends.

"I think my mum only came over to the Gold Coast maybe six or seven times to watch me play footy," Bennell said.

"But having her and my brothers and sisters at every home game will be a dream come true."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice story on how things are done the right way - Ross throwing a few steaks on the bbq, his guests Harley and his mum.
"We shared some stories. He had some funny stories. That was nice of him to get my mother and myself around.
RTB sharing his stories...
upload_2015-11-26_12-45-48.jpeg

RTB hearing Harley's stories...
11632914.jpg

Jokes about Colin Sylvia will never go out of fashion. The 600k we probably paid him has turned out to be an astute investment by the club!
Hope his Dad doesn't read Big Footy...or maybe he paid him $70k and gave him a one way ticket over in the first place (sorry Mr S).

All i can say is the man is keeping good company..SonSon will teach him whats expected of him and i hope he can live up to what we all expect of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back