Harley Bennell

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
ive always loved his game more than most of the other WA boys who escaped. Now with pics of him and drugs emerging he might be available at a reasonable price. Would you be interested in taking him on? Especially given our past history. Would automatically be close to our most talented player.

Don't think it would be worth the risk. The club has worked hard to overcome the trouble of the 2000's, and I'm not sure taking Harley Bennell would do anything to help. Bad influence on Murray Newman as well. Sure he's a good player and all but we would also be getting a player with a known drug and alcohol problem. Just what we need.

Absolutely no chance. Imo probably has more potential than anyone in the AFL but just hasn't got the attitude to match. Never has and never will change which is a serious shame.

Absolutely no chance. Imo probably has more potential than anyone in the AFL but just hasn't got the attitude to match. Never has and never will change which is a serious shame.
that's a massive call. Everyone changes, especially from their early 20's to mid-late 20's. No guarantee he'll change for the better but to say he'll never change is just wrong.

Honestly I really hope he does change even if not playing for us because he is a massive talent. Known him and his family for years and none of this surprises me in the slightest

Johnson at the dockers .. Assuming he's still on the straight and narrow its possible.
Dunno if we need him though anyway

I recon he'd be a great pick up and a change of club maybe just the medicine he needs.
He'd get pulled into line by the leadership group and the rest at WC, maybe Newman might have some advice for him as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough one as he is a seriously talented player. But seriously talented players dont automatically mean team success. He is a very selfish player and we are playing such a team brand of footy atm that im not convinced he would help but hinder.

Plenty of players would be racking up lines in the off-season he's just dumb enough to get caught.
Or have a mate who sold the photos to get some cash for his next hit.

Stokes and Johnson are still playing, and playing well so don't think this incident means much. Grand scheme of things given this about his third or fourth controversy doesn't bode so well though - but hell, maybe now we can get him cheap :)

Media would probably a field day if we took him, bring it on.

Tough one as he is a seriously talented player. But seriously talented players dont automatically mean team success. He is a very selfish player and we are playing such a team brand of footy atm that im not convinced he would help but hinder.

Brings up the queation, I wonder if they actualy FEEL like a team over there yet?
Maybe an eatablished team enviroment would be a huge help to get him?

Those photos will end his career.

Liberatore was found with drugs on him... his career isn't over

Photo evidence is no different to a positive drug test - those blokes don't have their career over

For mine - if his drug of choice is Meth - then yep we don't want him

However if it is coke and alcohol - i'd be all over getting him on the cheap - the risk/reward would be well worth it

Also interesting that o'meara is apparently fielding offers.

ive always loved his game more than most of the other WA boys who escaped. Now with pics of him and drugs emerging he might be available at a reasonable price. Would you be interested in taking him on? Especially given our past history. Would automatically be close to our most talented player.
Absolutely NO

Liberatore was found with drugs on him... his career isn't over

Photo evidence is no different to a positive drug test - those blokes don't have their career over

For mine - if his drug of choice is Meth - then yep we don't want him

However if it is coke and alcohol - i'd be all over getting him on the cheap - the risk/reward would be well worth it

Also interesting that o'meara is apparently fielding offers.

The multiple photos at different times/places now look bad really bad. And with the attitude that was given to recruiting Garlett I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of clubs stay well clear of him if he gets turfed by GC.

I'm not saying he should be delisted and not given another chance, but I think he may have problems playing again.

Edit: that's assuming GC take serious disciplanary actions against him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back