List Mgmt. Harry Taylor signs five-year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though it's a nothing article, it does say that Harry is out of contract this year and that West Coast will be circling if he isn't signed up by end of year. Hopefully he stays with us.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/ripple-effect-if-top-cat-wants-out-20130411-2hol7.html
It would be negligent of the Eagles not to have him on their radar if he's yet to re-sign. Even though he's not a free agent.

I'd be very surprised if Balmey wasn't working on an extension of his contract.

Such a dick article so unnecessary - at least he bothers to end it with "Taylor has had no discussions of that nature with the Cats or West Coast".

Such a dick article so unnecessary - at least he bothers to end it with "Taylor has had no discussions of that nature with the Cats or West Coast".

Bunch of blowies in a bottle at the moment.. Whole bunch of noise and no substance.. kinda like a Taylor Swift song really....

Anyway, HT would be a required Cats player. Would like to think he'd want to stay but I more than most get the homesickness thing.
Given the short playing careers, you would hope they could last till he hangs up the boots.

Regarding the no decision yet, or talk of it, HT does not seem the drama kind of guy. It would not surprise me if, when it happens, it happens very quick.

GO Catters

We should be looking at all our options and plan hard for a post-harry departure, I don't know why we travel with the minimum key defenders possible, the back 6 have always been the glue that's kept us winning even when the forwards were producing less than flattering results.

If this is true, and even if it's not ATM I reckon Balme and Wells need to come up with an alternative fast! We need another big defender anyway, thought it was going to be Matt Sully last year,...but no!...oh well!!!:confused:

If Taylor went it would be a massive blow !

We haven't developed any adequate replacement we had the chance last year to draft someone.

The dreamers will say Bathie & Mitch brown do you really think they can mark a player like Franklin

Additionally the M Brown from the eagles is a average player at this stage Taylor is a premium " A" grader.

Please someone ring Balmey on SEN

Worth more than WCEs MB, that is for sure.

Perhaps this a reason they got Rivers, and are trying to turn our MB into a defender?

Nothing short of another star, AA player would cut the deal.

HT is the best in the comp at his position. We would be entitled to similar compensation. Lets see what have they got to offer? :D

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I swear I've seen Harry quoted before as saying he will finish his career at Geelong and potentially move home afterwards. His family is well settled here, he's obviously happy at the club. I'd be extremely surprised if he had any desire to leave Geelong this year.

They've got plenty of time to go back to Perth when he retires. And then when the father-son rule kicks in in about 17 years, they can move back here. :p

We probably need a wake up call about our lack of big defense options, and I'm not talking about Bathie either who didn't even rate a NAB Cup game, serious options only.
Essendon have 4 that immediately come to mind, Hooker,Fletcher, Pears and Carlisle, and there's probably another 1 or 2 other possibles.
Ruckman I think we can cover especially when they're all fit, but genuine AFL key sized defenders, none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he goes we should go in for Mitch Brown so we can have the matching pair.
Would be fun to hear the match commentators deal with it :p

"Mitch Brown gathers and quick one two handball with Mitch Brown, Mitch Brown provides the shepherd for Mitch Brown as Mitch Brown scores the goal. Mitch Brown with the assist for Mitch Brown."

Harry will stay, he has plenty of time to return to Perth once he is finished. He is required at geelong and the fans love him, he is the main man in defence now that scarlo is gone and we have a chance at winning another premiership or 2 in the coming years.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I swear I've seen Harry quoted before as saying he will finish his career at Geelong and potentially move home afterwards. His family is well settled here, he's obviously happy at the club. I'd be extremely surprised if he had any desire to leave Geelong this year.

I don't think he would have any desire to leave (and he's not the sort of guy to be driven by clubs waving $$ at him), but if his family wanted to be home then I would think that would be a big factor for him. But if they are happy here ten I definitely expect he will stay.

Look, it's a two bit rubbish article with no substance, but given HT is the only senior (i.e. top echelon 25 + age) player who is not signed (other than the absolute oldies, who will contemplate retiring or going on), we're likely to get this speculation for a while yet.

Harry knows Geelong is a much better Cognac drinking environment than Perth.
Much too warm over there for him to enjoy a nice evening at home sipping a snifter or two:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back