List Mgmt. Harry Taylor signs five-year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

How can we not completely love and believe in a bloke who summarised his reasons for ignoring the considerable lures of returning to his home state as being: "Amazing people, amazing culture, amazing club"?

This is the same Harry Taylor who offered to take a pay cut a few years back in order for the club to offer GAJ even more money to stay, and who has never wavered in his work for the club at so many levels. He is a true Geelong man, at every possible level.

Totally rapt that it's now official, and that the greatest half back in the modern game will now truly be a one club legend.

Just watching Freos cheating, boring rubbish now.

Harry would be wasted at that club as a mark in the goal square forward. He wouldnt control the back half like he does now. He wouldnt drop the ball the way freo are taught to. He would be choked up as just another tight defender.

Harry would have studied their patterns and realised its not worth the cash anyway.

He'd be better off at Richmond. They've been watching Harry and how he beat Freo.

Totally rapt that it's now official, and that the greatest half back in the modern game will now truly be a one club legend.

When he walks off the ground and down the tunnel in his last game it will be straight into the Geelong hall of fame.

Bit of a clever cookie, judging by his appearance on the Footy Show :p

Comes across as a total geek, but if that's the reason for his success, I fully endorse it :D

Didn't think he was a serious prospect in '08. Now he's just signed a contract that will bring him to 10 years at the club. Wellsy just keeps on churning 'em out :)

Bit of a clever cookie, judging by his appearance on the Footy Show :p

Comes across as a total geek, but if that's the reason for his success, I fully endorse it :D

Didn't think he was a serious prospect in '08. Now he's just signed a contract that will bring him to 10 years at the club. Wellsy just keeps on churning 'em out :)

The silver lining from losing Matty Egan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blessed really in that sense.
Egan had the makings to be a great (and I mean GREAT) tall back and what does Wells do? Pulls another one out of the draft...

This is of course total speculation - but I wonder if watching Egan grow from a draftee into All-Australian CHB meant that Wells knew exactly what he was looking for when he drafted Harry - something that others may not have noticed?

A piece on Harry's deliberations before settling on signing a five year contract with us.

http://is.gd/dXXPRN
interesting that he mentioned Freo offered him a lucrative 5 year deal....I didn't think other clubs were allowed to do that during the season.. obviously it happens but thought it technically wasn't allowed..

interesting that he mentioned Freo offered him a lucrative 5 year deal....I didn't think other clubs were allowed to do that during the season.. obviously it happens but thought it technically wasn't allowed..
Players can't be contracted by other clubs while they are in an existing contract but there is nothing to stop anyone making verbal offers and courting a player so to speak like we did last year with Boak or GC did with Ablett in 09/10.

I love this video:
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/video/2013-08-12/hot-seat-favourite-toy

Q: When you travel, what can't you live without?
EVERY player says a combination of iPad, iPhone, iPod.

Not Harry, he said 'i like to take some tennis balls, just in case things get a bit boring'.

Champion.

6frhxwA.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back