Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The circle jerk on Dusty thread oh well we'll just make do with Hamish, Boak, Wingard, Wines, Ebert, Polec etc. etc. etc. etc. LOL, see you in september....... oh wait

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The third quarter where North dominated against witches hats does not equate to the game being on the line.
I'd argue when you come back after half time and you're 35 points down the game is on the line. How many games are won after being 41 points down in the 3rd?

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd argue when you come back after half time and you're 35 points down the game is on the line. How many games are won after being 41 points down in the 3rd?
Paddy is just up to his usual Richmond trolling, ignore him. I thought Ziebell was awesome in the third when the game was on the line. If half the Tiges showed his grit we would have kept going and won comfortably.

Richmond trolling? Richmond were terrible in the third quarter. Maybe it's just me but I would have had much more respect for Ziebell's game if he had of been one of the players fighting to keep North in it when Richmond were on top in the first half. You could argue that he was a big reason behind the North third quarter surge but to me watching the game he was no where near as important as Cunnington, Harvey or Petrie.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
Richmond trolling? Richmond were terrible in the third quarter. Maybe it's just me but I would have had much more respect for Ziebell's game if he had of been one of the players fighting to keep North in it when Richmond were on top in the first half. You could argue that he was a big reason behind the North third quarter surge but to me watching the game he was no where near as important as Cunnington, Harvey or Petrie.
Same could be said of Dusty. On top in the first when his team was on top and firing. But when push came to shove he did nothing much but turnovers and kneeing in the back.

Going on 2014 Ziebell is clearly 4th in this race and Dusty on top but to say JZ only played well because Richmond were witches hats is a silly statement. Why do you think Richmond looked like witches hats?

I can tell you North played horribly in the 2nd quarter (lost 1st by only 2 points) but a lot could be attributed to the physicality and play of Richmond. Visa versa for the 3rd quarter ;)

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Same could be said of Dusty. On top in the first when his team was on top and firing. But when push came to shove he did nothing much but turnovers and kneeing in the back.

Going on 2014 Ziebell is clearly 4th in this race and Dusty on top but to say JZ only played well because Richmond were witches hats is a silly statement. Why do you think Richmond looked like witches hats?

I can tell you North played horribly in the 2nd quarter (lost 1st by only 2 points) but a lot could be attributed to the physicality and play of Richmond. Visa versa for the 3rd quarter ;)

I agree the same thing could be said for Martin but Richmond supporters aren't trying to talk up a half decent 18 possesion 2 goal game as being better than it was because Ziebell performed well in the third quarter.

Watching the game did you get the feeling that North played anywhere near to the best of their ability? As soon as you guys started winning the ball out of the middle Richmond folded like a deck of cards.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I agree the same thing could be said for Martin but Richmond supporters aren't trying to talk up a half decent 18 possesion 2 goal game as being better than it was because Ziebell performed well in the third quarter.

Watching the game did you get the feeling that North played anywhere near to the best of their ability? As soon as you guys started winning the ball out of the middle Richmond folded like a deck of cards.

Ziebell's 3rd quarter was B grade but for the game I'd give him a C. I'd give Martin a B/B- for his game.

To answer your question, no North didn't play their best, close to it for the 3rd but also close to their worst for the 2nd. I'd give North a B for the game. Being down 35 at half time and coming out the way they did would give the group a lot to draw on when they're down later in the year.

Ziebell's 3rd quarter was B grade but for the game I'd give him a C. I'd give Martin a B/B- for his game.

To answer your question, no North didn't play their best, close to it for the 3rd but also close to their worst for the 2nd. I'd give North a B for the game. Being down 35 at half time and coming out the way they did would give the group a lot to draw on when they're down later in the year.

28 touches + 4 goals = B/B-?

Ok then :drunk:

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
28 touches + 4 goals = B/B-?

Ok then :drunk:
Do you just look at the disposal and goal number?? Every goal was withiin 15 metres of the goals. 2 dropped into his lap = right place right time. How many of his disposals were damaging? Hell how many were effective? Turnovers and bad kicks don't equal an A grade game.

Do you just look at the disposal and goal number?? Every goal was withiin 15 metres of the goals. 2 dropped into his lap = right place right time. How many of his disposals were damaging? Hell how many were effective? Turnovers and bad kicks don't equal an A grade game.

Haha yeh because his 4 goals in a half were close range they dont count. I dont just use stats to back my argument up, i used my eyes. He was clearly the most dominant player in the first half, and as the team faded so did he. Still worth a lot more than a B-.

4 frees against and a crude knee in Nahas' back?
4 frees against
1 clearance (same amount as Jumping Jack) hell Luck McDonald and Boomer had 2.

What grade would you give Dusty mate?

Did you just quote me 3 times to make 3 seperate statements?

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Did you just quote me 3 times to make 3 separate statements?
Just kept proving my point.

So you think a player who has 8 clangers and 4 free against could get an A?

His four goals are brought down by some shonky disposal and turnovers. I stand by my B (possibly B- because B players don't disappear when the other team turns up.)

Just kept proving my point.

So you think a player who has 8 clangers and 4 free against could get an A?

His four goals are brought down by some shonky disposal and turnovers. I stand by my B (possibly B- because B players don't disappear when the other team turns up.)

Guess the coaches disagree with you, 4 votes in a losing team.

I'll take the coaches opinions over yours, anyone who includes "a crude knee to nahas' back" as a reason why a player gets a B- clearly knows nothing about footy.

Dusty was a minumum B+ on sunday night

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Guess the coaches disagree with you, 4 votes in a losing team.

I'll take the coaches opinions over yours, anyone who includes "a crude knee to nahas' back" as a reason why a player gets a B- clearly knows nothing about footy.

Dusty was a minumum B+ on sunday night

So the coaches gave a B grade game by Martin 4 out of 20 and you're surprised? But you're really upset I gave a B and you think B+. I guess you did warn me not to argue. :rolleyes:

The coaches went-
North Melbourne vs Richmond
9 Goldstein (NM)
9 Greenwood (NM)
4 Martin (Rich)
4 Petrie (NM)
3 Harvey (NM)
1 Swallow (NM)

I'd give Goldy and Greenwood B+'s and the rest B's

No one played a complete game. Surely you have to play a complete game to get an A

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ziebell, through poor form and injury has been one of the disappointments of 2014. Hopefully he can have a big final series.

That said, during the preseason i stated that Ziebell was capable of kicking 40+ in a season if he stayed in the forward line.

I got abused, but i hope his 9 shots on goal on the weekend somewhat vindicated my statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back