Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ziebell, through poor form and injury has been one of the disappointments of 2014. Hopefully he can have a big final series.

That said, during the preseason i stated that Ziebell was capable of kicking 40+ in a season if he stayed in the forward line.

I got abused, but i hope his 9 shots on goal on the weekend somewhat vindicated my statement.
Exploited that match up well I'm not sure how much he plays up forward but looks a good option for him, has forward smarts. Even when he gets over the niggles & has another big pre-season it's a good option to throw him forward to shake a tag etc.
I'd like Hartlett to be thrown forward a bit more too when he's being well held.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Exploited that match up well I'm not sure how much he plays up forward but looks a good option for him, has forward smarts. Even when he gets over the niggles & has another big pre-season it's a good option to throw him forward to shake a tag etc.
I'd like Hartlett to be thrown forward a bit more too when he's being well held.

I think it's been the rise of Greenwood, and going forward the great potential in Dumont, that will see Ziebell and Cunnington spend more time forward.

You can only have so many inside mids and Ziebell and Cunnington are the only ones (haven't seen much of Dumont) that have the ability to play forward.

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
Ziebell, through poor form and injury has been one of the disappointments of 2014. Hopefully he can have a big final series.

That said, during the preseason i stated that Ziebell was capable of kicking 40+ in a season if he stayed in the forward line.

I got abused, but i hope his 9 shots on goal on the weekend somewhat vindicated my statement.
Don't get carried away with Ziebell's 9 shots on goal. He played on Luke Thompson which says it all really.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
Luke Thompson is a spud defender
Does he get 9 shots on goal against him weekly? How much time did JZ play forward? It was a monster game however you look at it. I guess the pack mark was all Luke's fault too???

If JZ has a ripping pre-season and plays part time forward more he'll kick 40 goals. Pretty good effort. I'd have him behind Martin and Hartlett and equal with Sheuy for actual output at the moment though.

Lots of sub par defenders going round but rarely are forwards having 9+ shots on goals. Ziebell played a great forward's game on the weekend and I think it's petty to deny that.
Picked the right game to do it.

This continues to be a fantastic comparison thread.

Hartlett's our form player right now which is saying something with Gray's heroics, Martin continues to make amends for his shenanigans at the end of last year and should be pushing for All Australian, while Ziebell and Shuey had great games on the weekend.

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can pretty much write off Ziebell's stats for this year. Went off injured in two games and started as sub in another.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
A lot of this thread has been questions on why Ziebell is even on the list and how laughable it is. To have a non-North supporter rate him 2nd was surprising.

FWIW all 4 teams are happy with their bloke so that's win-win. Ziebell's best is bloody impressive and more than capable of winning a final but he's still capable of 13 disposal games. Needs consistency. No injuries or suspensions would help.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ziebs will play full time forward next year. To be honest whe wont get a run in the midfield with Wells, Dal Santo, Harvey, Cunnington, Swallow, Bastinac, Greenwood, Dumont, Turner, Harper.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Ziebs will play full time forward next year. To be honest whe wont get a run in the midfield with Wells, Dal Santo, Harvey, Cunnington, Swallow, Bastinac, Greenwood, Dumont, Turner, Harper.
Won't get a run over Dumont, Harper and Turner? Really?

Take him out of the poll if he's that bad he won't even get midfield time over those kids. Ridiculous post.

Could argue he's done more to try and get West Coast into finals than Shuey.
This continues to be a fantastic comparison thread.

Hartlett's our form player right now which is saying something with Gray's heroics, Martin continues to make amends for his shenanigans at the end of last year and should be pushing for All Australian, while Ziebell and Shuey had great games on the weekend.
Shuey has been our best player for the second half of the season and is one of the reasons why we're back in finals contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back