Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ziebell was immense, not sure if Selwood was supposed to be tagging him but he didn't get anywhere near him for most of the day. It was the right type of game for Jack, scrappy affair in poor conditions, he was a monster in the midfield and went forward at critical times, smart player today.

Shuey would have hovered around the upper-middle of the pack for performance today without really causing North any troubles. Thought he was a little too cavalier, shooting at goal or crashing it long when there were other options.

Ziebell was immense, not sure if Selwood was supposed to be tagging him but he didn't get anywhere near him for most of the day. It was the right type of game for Jack, scrappy affair in poor conditions, he was a monster in the midfield and went forward at critical times, smart player today.

Shuey would have hovered around the upper-middle of the pack for performance today without really causing North any troubles. Thought he was a little too cavalier, shooting at goal or crashing it long when there were other options.
The mids on both sides did it in fairness to shuey. It was nice to see Ziebell actually take the time to dispose of the footy rather than throwing it on the boot.

The mids on both sides did it in fairness to shuey. It was nice to see Ziebell actually take the time to dispose of the footy rather than throwing it on the boot.
It's true, but one in particular stands out when he got a sublime tap from NN, charged to 50 and kicked a low shot that was marked in the square by Petrie. Just a bizarre move, had time to either take a bounce and kick it over his head or spot a target. Anyway, it was that sort of game.

It's true, but one in particular stands out when he got a sublime tap from NN, charged to 50 and kicked a low shot that was marked in the square by Petrie. Just a bizarre move, had time to either take a bounce and kick it over his head or spot a target. Anyway, it was that sort of game.
That wind aye, crazy.

I think its fair to say both Shuey and Ziebell have closed the gap on Hartlett, if not overtaken him

At the present time id say

Dusty>>Ziebell=Shuey>>Hartlett

Not forgetting Martin is 12 months younger and 1 pre season (excluding injury time) behind the other three.
Has played more games than JZ 118 - 110 Also 2 less leg breaks.

Either way is ahead of JZ atm. Their bests are both up there but Martin is way more consistent.

4 months younger than JZ so don't see age much of a factor anyway.

Has played more games than JZ 118 - 110 Also 2 less leg breaks.

Either way is ahead of JZ atm. Their bests are both up there but Martin is way more consistent.

4 months younger than JZ so don't see age much of a factor anyway.
I said excluding injury time, time in the system is what i was getting at, as in Martin was drafted the year after the other three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha love this thread - always gets a bump the following week whenever one of these players has a big game.

Anyone reckon it will turn into a mega thread - going up until they all retire? :D

Haha love this thread - always gets a bump the following week whenever one of these players has a big game.

Anyone reckon it will turn into a mega thread - going up until they all retire? :D
2 out of the 4 were BOG and Shuey more than serviceable.

A megathread is a possibility as all look like being 200-250+ players. James Brayshaw is on the record as saying JZ will be captain at some point. Not sure the other 3 will be in line at their clubs.

A megathread is a possibility as all look like being 200-250+ players. James Brayshaw is on the record as saying JZ will be captain at some point. Not sure the other 3 will be in line at their clubs.

Dont get me wrong, I think JZ is very good now, and is going to be a top 10 player over next 5 years but the leadership arguement is flawed. It says as much, if not more about the club your at, and its leadership alternatives than it does about the individual in many cases.
JZ may well be the next captain at North ( and probably should be) but I donth think it matters in the context of this discussion, pitting these four against each other. Martin wont be captain because not leadership material but I would say he is the best player of the four. Not sure of Shueys leadership credentials so hard to comment them with an evidentual based argeument. Hartlett will never be captain of Port as we have one of the best skippers in the comp now in Boaky and Ollie just sitting in the wings for 3 years time you would imagine.
I think Hartlett has been the whipping boy at Port a little this year. His form has been symptomatic of Ports for this year. Great at times and well below average at times. He is no orphan.
For mine i would go Martin, Hartlett, Zieball , Shuey over a period of time, say the last 4 years.

Im sure things will continue to evolve for these players ovr the next few years

Shuey had one of the few games where his disposal was pretty bad. Had an ok game otherwise.

Ziebell had an awesome first quarter with 10 disposals, faded a bit in the 2nd and 3rd but ended up finishing very strongly in the final term. Would've had him in the top 3 players on the ground.

Near certainty that Dusty won't be, as Cotchin is only 1 year older than him.

Dont get me wrong, I think JZ is very good now, and is going to be a top 10 player over next 5 years but the leadership arguement is flawed. It says as much, if not more about the club your at, and its leadership alternatives than it does about the individual in many cases.
Yeah wasn't really a judgement against the other 3. Plenty of awesome players haven't been captains. Not sure really why I added it in other to point out how highly he's regarded at the club.

Near certainty that Dusty won't be, as Cotchin is only 1 year older than him.
Wouldn't have thought Dusty would be captain material anyway???? NTTAWWT?

Then again I know him as an opposition supporter and see the tats/hair and the don't argues. Possibly a solid citizen. For what it's worth I'm not sure Cunnington would be a good captain either and he's my fav player.

Yeah wasn't really a judgement against the other 3. Plenty of awesome players haven't been captains. Not sure really why I added it in other to point out how highly he's regarded at the club.

Wouldn't have thought Dusty would be captain material anyway???? NTTAWWT?

Then again I know him as an opposition supporter and see the tats/hair and the don't argues. Possibly a solid citizen. For what it's worth I'm not sure Cunnington would be a good captain either and he's my fav player.

Yeah probably wouldn't be anyway, a good bloke but 'a man of few words'.

Martin is to quiet to be a Captain. Hardwick recently described him as a "gentle giant"

Actions speak louder than words.:p:p;)

Ziebell doesn't belong I'm this thread, the rest are classy insid/outside players who are good kicks. Ziebell is an inside player who hacks the ball.

Ziebell doesn't belong I'm this thread, the rest are classy insid/outside players who are good kicks. Ziebell is an inside player who hacks the ball.
Hacked it forward for 8 AFLCA votes.

Martin is to quiet to be a Captain. Hardwick recently described him as a "gentle giant"
Yep similar to Cunnington in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back