Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despite solid games from Ziebell, Shuey and Hartlett, Martin easily best of the 4 this week.

That banana on the run from 60 out was outrageous. So was following up with one from 70 out with a man in the square.
The first one was brilliant, the second one was stupidity. Martin can kick it about 65m on the run, why he didn't go for a regulation drop punt I'll never know. Haven't seen the replay, but remember thinking he could have attempted it.

The first one was brilliant, the second one was stupidity. Martin can kick it about 65m on the run, why he didn't go for a regulation drop punt I'll never know. Haven't seen the replay, but remember thinking he could have attempted it.
He should have run in further.. Still killed it tho
gun

Thought all 4 players had good weekends actually

Dusty had his best game of the year and tried to carry us over the line, it was impressive to watch sitting in the stands. He looks to be running out games a lot better, and his finishing is class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin is clearly the best - it's a no contest. Shuey second from Ziebell who has gone past a very underwhelming Hartlett this season.

This poll should not include Martin - does anyone who doesn't support the Eagles, Roos or Power have anyone but Dusty first?

Martin is clearly the best - it's a no contest. Shuey second from Ziebell who has gone past a very underwhelming Hartlett this season.

This poll should not include Martin - does anyone who doesn't support the Eagles, Roos or Power have anyone but Dusty first?

Have you read any of the past pages?

Pretty much everyone agrees Martin is the best

I have posted in agreeance. Your point is?

Probably this. Regardless of support of the Eagles, North or Port; Martin is the consensus no. 1.

Martin is probably the clear #1 and definitely my favourite player, but he's still too inconsistent with his disposal on a game to game basis. It's not a huge issue by any means but some games he rarely misses a target and the next his disposal is just a bit off. 95% of the time though when he does miss a target it's 40+ metres away which doesn't hurt us as much as it could. He's a good/great kick but not an elite kick. He also does some brain dead s**t without the ball, which is strange because he's so instinctual and smart with ball in hand. If he can clean those two areas up he'll be well on his way to a top 10 mid.

Have you read any of the past pages?

Pretty much everyone agrees Martin is the best

Probably this. Regardless of support of the Eagles, North or Port; Martin is the consensus no. 1.
Then you look at the poll. Even though Martin is leading, 63% of voters are saying he's not the best. My guess is a lot of North/Port/WC fans voted for their own man early days.

Then you look at the poll. Even though Martin is leading, 63% of voters are saying he's not the best. My guess is a lot of North/Port/WC fans voted for their own man early days.

This thread has been going a while. And to be honest there was much doubt that Martin would be able to hold his s**t together, as he seems to be these days.

Ziebell: 20 disposals, 3 marks, 5 tackles and 1 goal
Hartlett: 22 disposals, 4 marks, 4 tackles and 1 goal
Shuey: 20 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles and 2 goals
Martin: 28 disposals, 4 marks, 10 tackles and 1 goal

Great game from Martin, average from all the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back