Harvey Gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure most warriors don't/wouldn't squeal to an umpire like he has done.

Pretty unedifying really!
Short memory buddy. If you want someone who squeals like a banshee then look no further than Boomer. Ask Ryan Crowley. Ask Liam Picken. Ask Brent Macaffer..........

Rubbish decision. No player should miss a game (and a prelim at that) for such an innocuous incident, especially given that Goodes' one was thrown out for "insufficient force". In the ideal world, neither of those gets suspended, but if one does it should've surely been Goodes. I'm glad he wasn't suspended for it though, of course.

The MRP/Tribunal system is pretty farcical, especially how strictly they have to use the guidelines and corresponding penalties. But in a lot of ways their hands are tied due to the ever-changing rules and flavour-of-the-month crackdowns. The protection of the head IS VERY important, but this suspension is complete nonsense.

Hopefully the Roos appeal it and Boomer gets to play, no matter how much I hate the guy. Even if they have to argue a stupid technicality, that'd be better than just copping it on the chin (PUN!). We probably wouldn't have the 2005 premiership without a technicality, so no problem with it from the Swans' point of view.

Please...is that you tom Harley?

People booed selwood for his dive on the fence that generated him a free. Where's the blight there?

North fans must be clairvoyants if that's the case, as they were booing him long before that incident happened.

There was absolutely nothing in that one. Selwood fell over and that was about it, they barely touched each other. Im really annoyed that our game has come to this, yes it looks biased but if one of any other team's players got sidelined for this then i can assure you that they would feel just like we do (eg. Freo supporters). Yes harvy was an idiot and shouldn't have done it, but he gave him a cut...didnt knock him off his feet and the force was about the size of a baby pulling your arm... We are known to have one of the toughest games on earth yet stuff like this gets a player sidelined. Absolute bull
Your problem is that the MRP made this rod for their backs with the Fyfe and Hunt incidents - however stupid it is. To not penalise him would just leave a stench worse than a sewerage plant right across the AFL. At least he already had the benefit of knowing the MRP stance on head-high bumps through other player's previous misfortune this season. How fuggin stupid is he? You guys should just have to wear it as other clubs have had to. Perhaps just be happy that they saw fit to not class the hit as intentional as an off-the-ball incident is meant to be assessed! Then the players union and the coaches association should be screaming at this farcical laws of the game committee to get this rule abolished before 2015 and also to just quit watering down the hardness of our game altogether.

Your problem is that the MRP made this rod for their backs with the Fyfe and Hunt incidents - however stupid it is. To not penalise him would just leave a stench worse than a sewerage plant right across the AFL. At least he already had the benefit of knowing the MRP stance on head-high bumps through other player's previous misfortune this season. How fuggin stupid is he? You guys should just have to wear it as other clubs have had to. Perhaps just be happy that they saw fit to not class the hit as intentional as an off-the-ball incident is meant to be assessed! Then the players union and the coaches association should be screaming at this farcical laws of the game committee to get this rule abolished before 2015 and also to just quit watering down the hardness of our game altogether.

VERY, ridiculously so. i agree with everything you say here

I think that the question has become far more about whether it was a stupid thing to do, rather than actually analysing the incident.
I agree that Boomer shouldn't have done it, it was a stupid act, not necessary etc.
However, any preconceptions had about Selwood, Boomer, or the incident itself should be put by the wayside, when the job at hand is determining three gradings.
I don't have any problems with Negligent conduct or High contact, in fact Boomer was probably lucky to only get Negligent conduct (probably the MRP's way of trying to smooth the incident over "Oh, yes let's not be consistent, let's think about the end result, rather than the three categories that we harp on about every week")
However, it is the impact ruling that is utterly wrong. Boomer makes glancing contact to Selwood's head, Selwood was expecting the bump, and braced for contact himself. Selwood doesn't give any sign that he's in discomfort, he just gives Boomer a spray and moves on. (Selwood's problem with Boomer that he complained to the umpire about was a separate incident that occurred about 30 seconds later) He actually seems surprised that there is blood on his face.
The problem is that the MRP are focusing on the blood that came from Selwood's head, which is no indicator of force, Selwood bleeds more than a blood-boosting haemophiliac, instead of the actually force between Harvey and Selwood. Watch the real time replay of the incident, and Selwood is inconvenienced no more than a normal shepherd.
I think that Boomer has no case to answer, the force is simply too low for a charge to be laid, and I can only hope that the tribunal finds the same.

Put simply, Mr Goodes & Mr Franklin, are invisible to the MRP.

Players with the "cloak of invisibilty", may jump off the ground and hit players high + openly use the elbow.

No wonder the footy public are bemused by the MRP findings.
No.......I think many would be bemused by your stupidity:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey I'm just reporting what was said. He got "negligent" when usually the MRP would deem it "reckless" because his feet left the ground to jump into the bump. So yes according to MRP chooklotto he got off lightly.

I see where you are coming from, but the MRP has NOT enforced the "leaving the ground" clause with consistency.

I'm of the opinion that maybe Harvey got what he deserved, BUT some players have done far worse and got zilch. I think that is where most footy supporters gripe is.

I see where you are coming from, but the MRP has NOT enforced the "leaving the ground" clause with consistency.

I'm of the opinion that maybe Harvey got what he deserved, BUT some players have done far worse and got zilch. I think that is where most footy supporters gripe is.

What have the MRP enforced consistently in recent years?

I think we are of pretty much the same view on this. :)

No.......I think many would be bemused by your stupidity:rolleyes:

Take a deep breathe and take a step back from your team view, have a look at the AFL overall this season. Have a good look over the MRP cases this year and it sure makes alot of supporters scratch their dandruff.

You may see me as taking a swipe at Sydney, I'm actually taking a massive swipe at the MRP. Unfortunately the two glaring examples of the MRP going in opposite directions to the AFL Umpiring Video, are incidents involving two high profile Sydney players.

What have the MRP enforced consistently in recent years?

I think we are of pretty much the same view on this. :)
The MRP has enforced consistently if your name is Nat Fyfe. 2 games for all his suspensions. Consistency at its finest :p

The MRP has enforced consistently if your name is Nat Fyfe. 2 games for all his suspensions. Consistency at its finest :p
The first incident has been well debated and rightfully so it was not worth a suspension at all , but the 2nd suspension is cut and dry. He whacked Lewis. From slightly behind no less... Got his just desserts on that one.

To be fair to Selwood I don't think he was complaining about the incident that Harvey has been reported for.

15 seconds later they tangle again as North clear it from the back line and I think something happened in the clash. When I initially heard the media were talking about an incident I thought it was that one anyway. Selwood played on after the head clash but left the ground complying after the second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got no qualm with Selwood, love the way he goes about it.
I thought i heard him say something about a raised elbow to the umpires, anyway it is what it is and as much as it sucks we can only hope that it changes sooner rather than later.

I'm not a fan of Harvey, but to be suspended for that is a joke.