Harvey Gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

As a side-note, I wonder if the North fans who spent all night booing and whinging at Selwood might take a look at themselves, given he's going out of his way to support their player. A marked difference from the way Brent Harvey has handled himself in similar scenarios, by the way.

I never boo anyone, as Selwood said, it is an emotional game and supporters vent their frustration, he doesn't really care, just feels bad for his family in the crowd.

If Boomer gets off does that mean players get to cut open Joel Selwood without fear of penalty?

Means drawn blood shouldn't necessarily mean sufficient force by default, there should be other signs that the force was significant like forcing a player off his feet, etc.

People can accuse Selwood of giving soft evidence to get Harvey off, but not sure you can say medical doctors would lie about their medical testimony.

The geelong medical officer then states selwood is inclined to suffer lacerations to this area of his face.

"It is possible the scar tissue resulting from these injuries is susceptible to being reopened".

Means drawn blood shouldn't necessarily mean sufficient force by default, there should be other signs that the force was significant like forcing a player off his feet, etc.

So Boomer jumps & bumps Sandilands in the head, causes him to bleed but obviously being 125 kgs he doesn't knock him over but then bumps into Ballantyne who falls over but doesn't bleed - what happens?

They're doing a bloody good job at getting him off by muddying the waters, but realistically it should've been thrown out by now.

So Boomer jumps & bumps Sandilands in the head, causes him to bleed but obviously being 125 kgs he doesn't knock him over but then bumps into Ballantyne who falls over but doesn't bleed - what happens?

They're doing a bloody good job at getting him off by muddying the waters, but realistically it should've been thrown out by now.

Getting knocked over is a sign of force, doesn't necessarily need to knock someone over but signs of concussion, etc are also usually signs of force.

The waters are already muddy, because they let Buddy off for a high bump that took the player off his feet and that player went to ground and was off for the rest of the game with concussion, that was insufficient force...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is this real misconception that somehow, if your feet are not on the ground when you bump someone, then you are in deep s**t. That is a fallacy.

Whether your feet are on the ground or not has absolutely no baring on whether the bump/collision is within the laws of the game so I would suggest that people stop making a song and dance about whether or not the player bumping is off the ground.

In this Harvey case, he bumped a bloke who was miles away from the ball/the play and caused him to leave the ground with the blood rule. Last year, Jonas from Port Adelaide dished out a text book bump on an opponent but the trouble was that the opponent was miles away from the ball/the play and from memory, he was rubbed out for four games!

This tribunal fiasco is an incredible embarrassment and a blight on Aussie Rules Football.

To show just how ridiculous the rules of this great game have become, look no further than the ludicrous "play-on-to-advantage" law of the game. It is the only sport in the world that I can think of where the players adjudicate a law, that is, they can choose to play on or stop when a free kick has been awarded to their team. That's a disgrace!

I guess Mitch is unlucky that he isn't 173 cms tall and shorter than Adams, so he doesn't hit as hard as Boomer...

1405845963378.jpg-620x349.jpg

1405845963247.jpg-300x0.jpg

Both had points and bumped, yet the boys club feels sorry for Boomer who was cleared on appeal.

Joke after Harvey lined up Selwood late.

I guess Mitch is unlucky that he isn't 173 cms tall and shorter than Adams, so he doesn't hit as hard as Boomer...

Both had points and bumped, yet the boys club feels sorry for Boomer who was cleared on appeal.

Finals discount.

You have to be joking if you think Harvey hit Selwood that hard. Selwood barely flinched

MRP corruption of AFL 101.

EDIT: not passing judgement on Harvey or this incident just saying the MRP is completely currupt and makes decisions based on biased narratives, potential impact on revenues, logical fallacies, feelings and vibes and not on evidence or rational thought processes.

Last edited:

lmao boy oh boy woooweeee, cant believe you're actually comparing that bump to harvey's one :drunk::drunk::drunk: