Harvey gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda my concern about this. What of in the future when we may need a new coach? Which coach in his right mind would want a job with a permanent sword of Damocles above them?

It says more about the poor decisions each time that we've appointed a coach previously.

Neesham - Coaching school kids.
Drum - ??
Connolly - The footy manager at a club in disarray and will never be a senior coach again.
Harvey - I'll be shocked if he gets another senior gig although I guess he could be the heir apparent to Sheeds up here.
Lyon - Was offered a 4 year deal at his current club, rumour of a contract of 5 years on offer from the Demons, and chose to come to Fremantle. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

It says more about the poor decisions each time that we've appointed a coach previously.

Drum - ??
Connolly - The footy manager at a club in disarray and will never be a senior coach again.
Harvey - I'll be shocked if he gets another senior gig although I guess he could be the heir apparent to Sheeds up here.
Lyon - Was offered a 4 year deal at his current club, rumour of a contract of 5 years on offer from the Demons, and chose to come to Fremantle. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Drum's a politician! :eek:

Drum - ??

It all depends on how you look at it though and you can bet your @$$ that come time to sign a new coach there will be a lot more comparisons with 'ALP' than the unlucky bride before she found 'the one'. When it comes to these things, perception matters and this is a really bad image to have.

Anyone have any idea what time the press conferance will be? I got the day off tommorrow and might head down.

What the **** just happened between the time I left work and the time I got home!!?!?

I'm numb, is this real life!!?!?

This is like some sort of whacked out WWE storyline or something. Was someone screwing someone elses wife or something!?!?! :eek:
dude, I've been on here since the story broke and I still can't believe it

Ross Lyon will be coaching Fremantle in 2012

What. The. ****

Lets all take a deep breath and do a little reflecting. Season 2011 for us was s**t, no question just plain s**t. I am not condoning the way Harvey has been knifed just as I could not condone the way Drum was dealt with. But lets just look at our season and just look at who is running the show. S1 and S2 just don't care about anything other than Crownies on game day. Three members lunches, No sign of Rosich and one cameo by Harris who spoke about nothing. Lets just reflect at how these plonkers treat their members, referring to the new shade of purple as "Mans Purple" (great way to alienate the female membership) and game day members as "Seat Holders". And !! lets not forget the tanty thrown by our very own elected board member when questioned on "Inclusiveness" when it came to the re branding. What a sad little bunch they must be. Now for Harvey. This whole board all season has been gob smacked by the way he has handled game day and selections. If I had to blah blah on about all the issues we would be here for a month of Sundays. Game after game just sitting there saying what the **** is this guy doing. Out coached and smarted game after game. The buck has to stop some where and it ain't going to be with S1 and S2. I am sort of numb and fearful about us becoming a boring losers rather than an attacking bunch of losers and I say losers because their is nothing that I can see in Ross Lyon that will take forward with any haste. Out goes the Essendon influence and in comes Saints / Swans.

Here we go again :(

Rant Over

Great move by Freo. You guys are a real premiership chance next year now. Amazed that Harvey ever got the job every time i saw him in the media he looked like a raving looney off his meds. Not to mention he couldn't construct a simple sentence.

Brilliant and ballsy move that will pay off bigtime imo :thumbsu:

Sad for Harvey but

Good for Freo.

Lyon is more likely to take the team further over the next three to four years.

I am a foundation member and this is precisely the sort of harsh but correct decision that has been lacking in the disappointing wasted years thus far.

yeah, it is sad for Harvs, seems like a good bloke!

Good blokes dont always win flags.

personally , injuries aside, harvs has struggled since chris scott left.

the game plan has been shacky and players havnt played for him.

Its tough love, buts its flags that count!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:eek:WOW!

I like Lyons, he's smart, he's honest and I like his press conferences and his cheeky manner. Actually shows emotions.

He definately knows his stuff, no doubts at all.

Good move by Freo, totally shocked and unfortunately I can see this move really work for them.

Story of the year easily.

It all depends on how you look at it though and you can bet your @$$ that come time to sign a new coach there will be a lot more comparisons with 'ALP' than the unlucky bride before she found 'the one'. When it comes to these things, perception matters and this is a really bad image to have.

You are looking 5 yrs into the future, impossible to predict 12 mths in this caper.

7.5 mil will make every coach in the land stand up and take notice.

They will be banging the door down.

Betting GWS picks up Harvs as an assistant and he goes out of his way to make sure we don't get JOM lol

Hahaha, I'm sure he is feeling very bitter right now. This may indeed be the correct decision but unfortunately as supporters we never know what is really going on.

Great move by the club although i'm not sure we will see immediate dividends. saints were pretty average for a couple of years there before ross got them doing what he wanted.

Paul Duffield
Steven Hill
Michael Johnson

These players will not be able to put forward soft efforts like this season next year otherwise they WILL find themselves on the outer :D

ESP have announced their sacking of Lyon already.

Supposedly the deal is worth $7.5m, and ESP weren't involved.

I assume they could sue for breach of contract, depending on the terms and conditions of his contract.

The Demons must be absolutely filthy on Freo. A massive move, and you have to feel sorry for Harvey, but let's be honest - these are the sort of ballsy moves that can deliver really big results.

Here's hoping for your sakes...

ESP (Craig Kelly) also manage Gary Lyon and Mark Harvey talk about keeping a secret - no wonder ESP dropped him...

wow. um... i don't even..... i... hmmm

(just heard news)

I am sort of numb and fearful about us becoming a boring losers rather than an attacking bunch of losers and I say losers because their is nothing that I can see in Ross Lyon that will take forward with any haste. Out goes the Essendon influence and in comes Saints / Swans.

Here we go again :(

Rant Over
I too worry about where Lyon will take your gameday actions. A lot of Saints fans I know hate the way Lyon gets them to play.
In addition to this, Lyons tactics need old, hardened veterans to take the crash and bash of his trench warfare. Your list still has a lot of promising youth. I would be sad if Lyon had taken over WCE, also fearful of what he might do to the way they play.

I sincerely hope he re-invents his wheel.

What do other Freo supporters think of the way the Saints have played footy? Would they like to see Freo play like that?

Regards
DTF

I too worry about where Lyon will take your gameday actions. A lot of Saints fans I know hate the way Lyon gets them to play.
In addition to this, Lyons tactics need old, hardened veterans to take the crash and bash of his trench warfare. Your list still has a lot of promising youth. I would be sad if Lyon had taken over WCE, also fearful of what he might do to the way they play.

I sincerely hope he re-invents his wheel.

What do other Freo supporters think of the way the Saints have played footy? Would they like to see Freo play like that?

Regards
DTF

If Ross Lyon turned our game plan into the boring unaustralian style that the Saints have played for the last few years a lot of supporters will turn in their memberships. Many are strongly threatening to not renew their memberships already. I'm not one of them but my old man is. (supposably)

If Ross Lyon turned our game plan into the boring unaustralian style that the Saints have played for the last few years a lot of supporters will turn in their memberships. Many are strongly threatening to not renew their memberships already. I'm not one of them but my old man is. (supposably)
Yeah, I'm sure your old man is one of many.
The results and play style next year could do many things, unfortunately many of them negatively. Last thing now is Freo to not do so well and play that terrible saints footy. You could lose a lot of support and money.

I do hope it works out ok. Any one else with thoughts on this?

DTF

Great move by Freo. You guys are a real premiership chance next year now. Amazed that Harvey ever got the job every time i saw him in the media he looked like a raving looney off his meds. Not to mention he couldn't construct a simple sentence.

Brilliant and ballsy move that will pay off bigtime imo :thumbsu:
Can't say I was that impressed with Harv's as a Senior Coach but surely had game smarts. Thought he did a great job building the list and getting the most out of players. Not a big fan Lyon who has failed with a top list and poor defensive game plan. Hope he doesn't drag you down to St Kilda's boring level of play.
I don't mean to put a downer on a obviously bold decision but I can't believe your paying so much for a guy who has never played in or coached a premiership?

Seen it all before. Been a Freo fan since day one. Joined up as a member when we won the spoon. Drove 400+ kms to each and every game as a member. Won my wife over three years ago (as an avid Eagle supporter) and signed my two girls up as well.

One premium family membership and years of painful footy......I have seen it all before.

How long do we have to fork out the big bucks just to finish down the list. How many flags have the saints won in their history? Unless making grand finals has started to mean a lot in life then Lyons in hardly the coup of the year.

We made a Prelim final before and sacked the man that took us there. We have an injury ridden squad now that gets the wraps of a top four team when on form and that was not enough to save Harvey. We pay top dollar for a bloke that got another team to three grand finals with zero conversions.

We carry Johnson all year and reward him with a two year deal?

Pav moves himself into the centre whenever he feels like (Harvey reckons) and has little impact on turning the game. Injury or not his form was such that he had little impact in any of the games after the half way point. Yet, he moves himself into the centre each and every week to repeat history.

We are too proud to take Fevola incase he lets us down. We are a pretty proud bunch of guys that don't like to get caught in alleys with pockets full of coke but on the field we are happy with mediocre performances. Like someone else said on the forum, Fevola is a risk off the field but from a goal kicking point of view he would spoil our piss poor record I reckon. Unless we are content with kicking points each and every week we need to take a good long hard look at ourselves. As far as kicking goals goes we are crap. I thought in the game of footy kicking goals was one of the priorities. Anyway, I know enough about business to know that Glen Archer went onto some salary / suspension agreement with North Melbourne to curb his habits. Would a smart person not say to Fev, One chance buddy and no play no pay.

There are a few down at the Port town who can hold their head high but like I said at the start.

Talk is cheap and I have seen it all before.

With this latest stunt anything short of a flag next year will be a loss.

Unless we will be content as we usually are with making up the numbers and offering a contest for some of the 100 minutes each and every week...................

Remove this Banner Ad

Back