cj_09

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2012
Probably out prospecting for gold.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Tonight we looked a million miles away from the team we were last year.

I think most people can take a defeat when effort is shown, like against Fremantle last week, but tonight was really bad.

Do we have a real problem?

Have the competition worked us out?

Do we have too many under done players playing?

Have we started to believe the hype?

What are your thoughts?

No way cj.... Not after playing these two disciplined teams... We still have work to do but I can definitely see us being there at the pointy end :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't read to much into it. But I feel it's the kick in the teeth we needed. As a Port Adelaide member and die hard I have been way to cocky and just assuming we will win, maybe our staff and players have been plus give credit to Freo and Sydney. Way to good for us and we are off the boil. But no reason the boys can't bounce back next week through hard work and get going. Only round 2 but have to beat North Melbourne

One thing, if we don't work out a way of combating the sort of pressure Sydney put on us today by the time was play Adelaide, we have real problems. If nothing else, Walsh will have some real insight into our structures, players and plans (even if the plans have evolved).

The game is over but not the season. Remember that Syndey lost their first 2 games against GWS and North Melbourne last year and made the grand final, whilst we have lost our first 2 games against two premiership favourites in Freo and Sydney.

I'm just asking the question, as there are plenty on the review thread who seem to think we have some issues.

Oh we have issues but we're a long way from bubble burst territory, especially when you consider our opponents in the last 2 rounds and our regular season form against them.

I get the whole 'Sydney lost their first two last year but still made a GF' stuff but - I if you watched tonight you just admit there are some pretty big problems with our gameplan, the players intensity and our ******* forward line!

Really disappointed. Only just got home and maybe I'll watch my recording and feel different.
What struck me was $ydney have been playing this way for quite awhlie. What I saw tonight
was what I've seen too many times. Form wise (Schulz, Hoff,Neade,Cornes) we don't have the
game for this precision possession stuff. Looks like we are trying to imitate a Hawthorn style
and coming up short.
Found myself wondering at times what Ken was up to tonight. Their loose big defender all night, and
organised quick clearance work was a contrast to our frantic keystone cops stuff.
Wasn't overly confident after our short break but didn't see this result coming. :(
Our brave skipper must be sore and its Rd2...........not good.
Kicking skills were ordinary.

This thread is embarrassing... I haven't even bothered to read past the title.

I'm as livid about this start to the year as anybody - maybe more, but the bubble has not burst. Reality should set about the effort required to play AFL football.

Let's hope it is a 2002, 2003 situation and we recover excellently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back