Environment Has the weather in Melbourne always been so sh#t?

Remove this Banner Ad

TooFar

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Les_Canadiens Philadelphia_Eagles
I have lived in Melbourne for two nearly 2 years now, and I have to say the weather is absolute crap. Is it possible to get a week of nice warm weather without rain or clouds?

I have lived in a number of different cities around the world, including Montreal and London, and I have to say the weather in Melbourne is the worst of the lot. It is so depressing!

I always thought the weather was similar to Adelaide, but it is not even close.

Umpa Lumpa

All Australian
Suspended
Jun 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
e93d0-cryriver.gif

Inferno

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2006
Tramland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
The weather has been s**t since the drought broke in 2010, before that it was pretty rare for it not to be 25+ and sunny for more then 3 or so days in a row during summer. Certainly hasn't been as cold at nights as it is normally though.

Last month was alright.

policegetthatman

Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 1, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah really enjoy sitting in front of air con not being able to go outside. :rolleyes: You cant even walk on the sand without burning your feet in that temperature.

You needed to reply to him twice to get your point across? :confused:

You must be either obese or a pensioner if you cannot withstand 39 degrees. 42C here today and spent most of the day outdoors. Enjoyed myself too.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
The heat is okay. Everyones getting around in not much clothing, its more relaxed, its better drinking weather and the beach is great.

The majority of people that whinge about the heat are the ones that sit around all day and dont do anything usually without A/C which is a necessity for WA homes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TooFar

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Les_Canadiens Philadelphia_Eagles
The weather has been s**t since the drought broke in 2010, before that it was pretty rare for it not to be 25+ and sunny for more then 3 or so days in a row during summer. Certainly hasn't been as cold at nights as it is normally though.

Last month was alright.

Just about the time I arrived.:rolleyes:

To those in the West, yes 39 is fine for a little while, but considering it is now Autumn, that is a little too hot. I think Adelaide has the best Summer and Autumn weather in the country. Look at is this week, 27 and sunny every day - perfect.

If you could combine Adelaide's Summer and Autumn's with Perth's Winters, I would be a happy man.

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Using regular European seasons for Perth is kind of silly. Hottest weather here is generally between the solstice and the equinox, not between Dec 1st and Mar 1st, though you do get mid 30 days about a month and a half months before and after them, but not that consistently.

Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
I've found the summer days in Melbourne to be very pleasant. After years of the harsh Perth heat, I do thoroughly enjoy the temperate Melbourne climate.

Despite the hot weather, I never had the luxury of living with air-conditioning when in Perth.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
I've found the summer days in Melbourne to be very pleasant. After years of the harsh Perth heat, I do thoroughly enjoy the temperate Melbourne climate.

Despite the hot weather, I never had the luxury of living with air-conditioning when in Perth.
Perth is too hot. This year I realised that i prefer our beaches too. No seaweed, no sharks just pleasant still water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back