Environment Has the weather in Melbourne always been so sh#t?

Remove this Banner Ad

SuperCats9

Norm Smith Medallist
Minecraft
Apr 16, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester United
39 degrees is amazing weather - love the heat! very jealous of our wa buddy's :mad:

39 is 'drop dead' weather, you can't do anything in that heat, it's the worst. Walk around sweating, no energy etc.

I like 28-29, that's my type of good hot weather, not to hot, not to cold, just fine.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
I have lived in Melbourne for two nearly 2 years now, and I have to say the weather is absolute crap. Is it possible to get a week of nice warm weather without rain or clouds?

I have lived in a number of different cities around the world, including Montreal and London, and I have to say the weather in Melbourne is the worst of the lot. It is so depressing!

I always thought the weather was similar to Adelaide, but it is not even close.
Melbourne is the greatest city on this planet. The weather is brilliant clouds rain sunshine wind I love it because I come from there of course also I love weather.
Then Perth has magnificent weather , but it can be a rainy miserable place sometimes, I have been home many times in the last few years and I find that Melbourne seems to be a little milder these days, but thats just me. Adelaide gets a stinking hot day, the day after Perth roasts.

Manila_Playa87

Senior List
Suspended
May 19, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
A lot more humid than your typical 40 degree day in Melbourne. Heat indexes and dew points were approaching levels seen up in the tropical north. Even now as i type the temperature sits on 31 degrees with a dew point of 18. That cool change was piss poor and barely did anything

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Its tolerable because it drops back to 20 within a day or 2. Its not like there will be 3 weeks of 35+.
Yes Perth can have weeks of heat , serious heat too.But when Perth gets rain it gets RAIN , a weather pattern usually lasts at a mininmum of 2 to 3 days , sometimes for a couple of weeks.

Well the aboriginals were right there is NOT 4 seasons there are 6 seasons , I think that makes sense , but I missed the segment on the radio about it . Someone on here will know , that they run on the theory that the year produces really 6 not 4 seasons ?? And trying to pick the start of summer is impossible to be exact it certainly isn,t 1st of December.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Double assburger with cheese combo? The following may justify any such opinion.

You don't have to deal with me. You've never had to deal with me, I can't remember ever coming across you in any other thread

I wonder if calling you a d******* was unprovoked?

You do understand, your "knowledge" doesn't have credibilty in this thread as a result of the bolded? A theory, maybe.

PS. If any mods are not liking where this is going, that's my last post when it comes to this handbag fight I've been forced into.
Are you really a dodgy umpire . If so how much do you get paid to be dodgy?
I,d like some too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TooFar

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Les_Canadiens Philadelphia_Eagles
Jeez another year with no summer. This city should not even claim to be an Australian city, it is nothing like the rest of the country. I think we should change the name of Victoria to New Zealand West.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Doesn't Melbourne have less rain on average than Sydney?
And less than Perth butn spread over a wider time frame. But Melbourne can get hot too.
Don,t worry about that.
But Melbourne has always had a moderate climate where extremes are not regular. But try Perth with 40 degree plus days for 4 and 5 days in a row, Perth does have long rain periods too and wind wind wind .
But the big blue as I call it on clear days is brilliant the sky is huge . Autumn is the best time of the year in both cities .

Manila_Playa87

Senior List
Suspended
May 19, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The heat is ramping for the south east over the coming week but the southern coast should get a weak change on the weekend which breaks the heat into two bursts really. North of the divide different story however staying hot throughout.

lemon chicken

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2008
Mordialloc
AFL Club
Essendon
april-fools-steve-carell-1-4-10-kc.jpg

Upton Sinclair

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've been loving this summer in Melbourne, beats the s**t out of Brisbane, but I like mild weather :D

Eastdog

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
So far this summer has been ok with the occasional hot day and the last few days have been great. The next few days coming up will be unbearable with our first heatwave of the summer.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Still got my WA acclimatisation. Though I have to work in a bar all day tomorrow. Should be okay, though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back