Environment Has the weather in Melbourne always been so sh#t?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm about to sit by a pool.

Hopefully today is the last of this abominal weather.

Cool change is set to hit 8-10am tomorrow! Will go from 28/29 (which is the over night forecast!!) to 22 in a couple hours.

I love that time, when the cool change hits, but you are so loving the cold weather you still wear short skirts, shorts, etc.

Had a cricket elimination final on Saturday and Sunday. Brutally hot. But we made it through to this weeks prelim and took the winning catch, so worth it! :)

I don't think it's as hot at night in Perth as its been here the past few weeks
Yeh i agree.

In perth the nights will drop down to 20.

Melbourne hovers at 30.

I set my bedroom air con to 30 and find it perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's as hot at night in Perth as its been here the past few weeks

Nah, it's hotter here. The overnight minimum's are regularly over 20+, we've already had a few 27+ during the summer and a number of 24-25's.

I think Melbourne just needs to toughen up a little bit, a few days of 30+ during the day is * all. ;)

Nah, it's hotter here. The overnight minimum's are regularly over 20+, we've already had a few 27+ during the summer and a number of 24-25's.

I think Melbourne just needs to toughen up a little bit, a few days of 30+ during the day is **** all. ;)

Well it was the first time in recorded history that we had 9 straight days of 30+ conditions.

TooFar

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Les_Canadiens Philadelphia_Eagles
Hate to dig up an old thread, but f#ck me the weather in Melbourne gives me the shits. It is absolutely rubbish. It is either cold and windy or too hot and windy. There isn't really any consistent periods where the weather is in my Goldilocks zone, between 25 and 31. It is very uncommon for the weather to fall in that range.

I'm lucky enough to travel around the country a fair bit, and as I said previously. Melbourne is the most un-Australian city weather wise on the continent.

/rant

Hate to dig up an old thread, but f#ck me the weather in Melbourne gives me the shits. It is absolutely rubbish. It is either cold and windy or too hot and windy. There isn't really any consistent periods where the weather is in my Goldilocks zone, between 25 and 31. It is very uncommon for the weather to fall in that range.

I'm lucky enough to travel around the country a fair bit, and as I said previously. Melbourne is the most un-Australian city weather wise on the continent.

/rant

Still the best city

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos

/rant

I actually tend to agree with this. 2 weeks ago it was rug up weather then a week later we have 5 days of 40 + days.... Just give us a summer of 26 - 32 degrees for a while. We just keep going from one extreme to the other.

TooFar

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Les_Canadiens Philadelphia_Eagles
Best Australian city. There is no better in this country and one of the best cities in the world to live in
But it is not really an Australian city. Australia is famous for its warm, sunny weather and nice beaches. Melbourne has neither.

Ted38

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Jihadi Jets
If Australia was a horse Melbourne would have to be where it shits:).

But it is not really an Australian city. Australia is famous for its warm, sunny weather and nice beaches. Melbourne has neither.
Cmon mate, we got st. kilda beach ;)

Best beach I've been to was one in WA. Had beautiful white sand with no seaweed, big waves, big whiting to catch.. even saw a huge mantaray(?(or stingray)) in one of the waves. Was awesome.

OT: Melbourne weather is as bipolar as anything.

Play by Numbers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
All up in Jock's icecream
AFL Club
West Coast
Correct, poster above you is an idiot.

This summer was stupidly humid in perth though.
Firstly, there are two measures of hummidity, weather reports use the simplest, which does not properly explain how "humid" it will feel.

Secondly, the burning feeling is often UV light and not the heat. Both season, ozone levels and latitude effect the amount of UV light reaching the surface. Perth is further north than Melbourne, however the ozone layer is thinner over Melbourne which occasionally is traversed by low patches in the vortex (from the sth pole).

Hence at times you will get really high UV numbers and feel like you are burning when out and about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back