Games Hattrick - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If you haven't figured it out already, you'll find it under the training link. Top right corner change coach, pick external recruiting as you don't have any coach candidates in your team (you'll learn about this the longer you play).

And tell me your damn team name already, so i can stalk your team :p

Oh and thought i'd let everyone know that i have decided to put my best player up for sale. I've gone all AFL styles rebuild, forcing players at the tender age of 28 out the door. 6.5 million, hopefully he sells and then i'll spend the funds on that and the extra money i've saved so roughly 11 mill in total on some superstar youngish mid.

Thanks for the advice my team is the Pakenham Jets :p

And tell me your damn team name already, so i can stalk your team :p

Come on coach! :)

CTT, apart from the advice that you get from RoJo, I would seriously suggest you go to the Questions (English) conference. At the top is an excellent newbie guide that should answer all of the questions you have.

It's written specifically for new players so that you avoid all of the mistakes that we made when we started.

Damn this game is going to take up more of my life than Bigfooty! I lost 9-1 in my first friendly game.. and RoJo my team name is PAKENHAM JETS!

Haha sorry, i swear i missed two posts in there. I never saw Sainter's reply to my prepare for division IV next year jibe :p

CTT, where the hell did you get 750k from for that 24yo mid you bought.

Im guessing you don't have much left now. In terms of this game he's a geizer haha.

Don't worry i remember my first player i bought, 31 yr old mid for around 50k scored a hattrick on debut :p

Hmm if you're a bit skint on money, which i assume you are, maybe start off with forward training. They go up relatively quick and you'll only need to buy 6 people. Search for ones that have decent passing as it kinda helps. So make sure they have like weak passing or more. 17 yo passable scorers will do. Play a 3-4-3. Search for at least 1 player with technical specialty and decent playmaking (passable) and good passing (solid-excellent+). Weak scoring will suffice. You shall learn soon young apprentice.

Check out my team, both my strikers are what are known as technical defensive forwards. Check out their wages in comparison to the other players rated as good in my team. I'll start searching for some decent players for you and PM you :thumbsu:

Haha sorry, i swear i missed two posts in there. I never saw Sainter's reply to my prepare for division IV next year jibe :p

CTT, where the hell did you get 750k from for that 24yo mid you bought.

Im guessing you don't have much left now. In terms of this game he's a geizer haha.

Don't worry i remember my first player i bought, 31 yr old mid for around 50k scored a hattrick on debut :p

Hmm if you're a bit skint on money, which i assume you are, maybe start off with forward training. They go up relatively quick and you'll only need to buy 6 people. Search for ones that have decent passing as it kinda helps. So make sure they have like weak passing or more. 17 yo passable scorers will do. Play a 3-4-3. Search for at least 1 player with technical specialty and decent playmaking (passable) and good passing (solid-excellent+). Weak scoring will suffice. You shall learn soon young apprentice.

Check out my team, both my strikers are what are known as technical defensive forwards. Check out their wages in comparison to the other players rated as good in my team. I'll start searching for some decent players for you and PM you :thumbsu:

750k? I don't remember him being that much :eek:

Played my first game and won 3-4
My '250k' recruit :p kicked a goa and was the most dominant playerl and some other hack kicked 2.

I lost :(

Tbh i went into the game not expecting much, unfortunately the beginning of the rebuild had to happen the day I travel away to the best side in this league. Now someone better buy him or i'll be pissed at a waste of 3 points lost kinda. Went up 1-0, then 2-1 up at HT, only to lose 4-2.

Someone pleeeeease buy my player for sale, so i can start my search to bring in a gun for my Cup match.

I doubt you'll have a keeper in your youth academy. I know mine didnt. Theres no real need to have one unless you're that keen to win a meaningless game. Theres no benefit to having a keeper, unless you plan to train them.

And no-one bought my mid you ****ing ****, ****!!!!!!

Translates to: I want to start buying good young mids, so someone buy him already cos he's a gun!

Sainter, go get him, listed now at a bargain 5 million :p

Triple E, just concentrate on trying to get scout the best youth players into your youth squad and train them up... winning youth games means nothing, it is a means to an end. How many scouts do you have? 3 scouts gives you the best oppotunity to find a player worth training.

I have now beaten my only real 2 challengers in the league, so with me upgrading one of my wingers and one of my wing backs during the season sometime, I should get a clean sweep that will see me auto promote to Div.4.

Sigh knocked out of the cup today too. Everything is turning to crap this season. My young players suck :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And no-one bought my mid you ****ing ****, ****!!!!!!

Translates to: I want to start buying good young mids, so someone buy him already cos he's a gun!

Sainter, go get him, listed now at a bargain 5 million :p

I don't spend that much on players! I get them cheap on the transfer market because most managers aren't stupid enough to pay wages of $300k a week for a single player. ;)

Plus there's an Oceanian technical utopian winger for $2.5 million currently transfer listed that has my name on it!

I beat Scheissenhausen to move into second place btw. From disaster to promotion chance in the space of a fortnight! :thumbsu:

My Team Spirit is currently on walking on clouds. I'm considering not only PIC'ing my upcoming game against the unbeatable r00b fc but also playing an all 'B' squad. It will result in a 12-0 loss and shatter my teams confidence and goal difference but the way I look at it I can save all of my players for the cup and not have to worry about any more injuries. As somebody who is 100% against tanking it's not something I would like doing but for the remainder of the season it may just help me advance further in the Cup and even challenge for first place should r00b go bot.

But his wages were only 100k :(

He only sold for like 5.3, im pretty pissed off. Seriously if you can pick up guns like that i think playmaking is a piece of s**t training schedule.

Might as well train something like scoring, pick up midfielders around 27-28 at those prices, getting 7-8 star players for 5 million. Hold the mids for 3-4 years, repeat the process. I mean if he was like 24-25 he'd sell for easily over 10 million. I know cos i bought him for around that. Since then i've made massive improvements to him and then get crap all for him.

I actually want to change to scoring training now, but i've spent so much on stupid mid trainees. Its what i used to do, its good fun, only need 6 players and i can build up my favourites, the TDF's

Pretty stoked about my latest signing. Only 7.5 million i was prepared to dump more on, but luckily he sold around a time when no-one was on. Probably could've got him for less too, i was going out yesterday so the last bid was just under 7 and i went BAM 7.5.

Soon to be 19 y.o. currently Brilliant PM, passable defending and scoring, solid set pieces and inadequate passing. Got plenty of all round skills and after checking the ht-training tool apparently he'll be at least magical PM by age 24, very good prospect.

By this time next season, I will have 2 20 year old World Class IM's that I want to sell. As I will be moving up to Div.4 after this season (more then likely) and all my trainee midfielder will only be around outstanding, would it be worth investing the type of money on a trainee more advanced than the usual 17 year olds I buy? That would obviously bridge the quality gap a bit, but can you make money from training a 18 yr old brilliant to a 24 yr old magical?

Im not really in it to make the money, just after a midfielder that will be good and trainable when it comes time for my promotion tilt again. Personally though a multi skilled player like that may go for over 12 million.

I really like the 3-4-3 formation with 2 TDF's. I think when i do get promoted again i'll look for technical players with crap finishing, train them up along with one superstar forward, then the cycle is much easier to repeat. Plus selling midfielders isn't very profitable unless you start with them really young.

Keep doing the process you're doing now. Personally I look for players with defending/passing qualities and try to train them in playmaking. 17 year olds get ridiculously overpriced some times, and all it takes is an injury or something and it screws the whole plan up. Theres nothing wrong with searching for some 18/19 year olds. I prefer it over 17 year old players, cos i have no patience :p

If anyone is stupid like me and haven't booked a friendly for tomorrow, please challenge Italian Stallions FC :thumbsu:

CTT, accept my challenge in time or die. Dont worry, im kidding ... NOT!

Friendlys are today are they not? Can you not just jump into an international friendly pool, usually get a friendly booked in no time, even at the last minute.

Its only for hattrick supporters isn't it.

I'm pretty sure i tried to join the pool and failed. I found like 3 people hattrick said were online and hadnt accepted friendlies yet, damn guys didnt accept though, or the time lag from hattrick meant they were actually off when i found them.

I always go into a pool after every friendly, definitely not for only supporters, as I am not a supporter,. You can add yourself to a Oceania or International pool, only supporters can define what level of opposition they want to play. Just put yourself in a pool without changing any of the extra options and you should get in the pool.

I always go into a pool after every friendly, definitely not for only supporters, as I am not a supporter,. You can add yourself to a Oceania or International pool, only supporters can define what level of opposition they want to play. Just put yourself in a pool without changing any of the extra options and you should get in the pool.

This.

My supporter runs out in 6 days. I'm going to renew it again. I don't know how I'd cope without it to be honest.

I'm playing in Qatar. After that I'll only need 12 more away flags. Senegal is next!

LOL @ Div IV.

I accidentally played my reserves somehow. Expecting to get completely flogged i won 4-1. Ironically all the s**t reserves scored the goals (there was 4 or 5 first teamers in there still).

Well III.6 has got a whole lot more interesting.

With r00bfc going bot and receiving his team of "neighbourhood kids", the race for the title is wide open.

Currently the ladder is:

1. r00b fc 8 6 0 2 30 18 12 18 (Now a bot)

2. FC Crouchzinho 8 5 1 2 16 13 3 16
3. Melrose Park Rangers 8 5 0 3 17 8 9 15
4. Scheissenhausen YFC 8 5 0 3 22 16 6 15

5. Hillside 8 3 3 2 15 11 4 12
6. Super-Crud 8 2 1 5 7 20 -13 7

7. Tassie Devils 8 1 2 5 6 18 -12 5
8. broomsticks 8 1 1 6 19 28 -9 4

Scheissenhausen is probably the favourite in my opinion as he's had a great season. He's still in the Oceania Cup and until today was on an 8 or 9 game winning streak. The form of my team is improving and with a home game against Hillside next week a win would probably eliminate his team from the championship race.

Still dominating IV RoJo? Oh, you're 2nd? That wasn't the plan was it? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back