Games Hattrick - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've started training winger. Just because they level up quicker. lol. Downside is that you need to buy 8 trainees which can sap a fair bit of the starting money.

Alright if you are training wingers what's the best way to go about it?

When you say 8 players I assume that relates to 4 wingers and 4 wingbacks. What is the best way to get match practice into all of these players?

Do you guys play friendlies every week?

Tbh, I have no idea on the exact amounts of staff. I know you may only have a max of 10 for each area

I currently have:

I figure that a team starting off wouldn't require anywhere near that much. Check the Questions forum.

Youth academies are great, however it takes you about 2 seasons before you can start to reap any real rewards. Players have to be in your team for 1 hattrick year before you can promote them, you don't find out about their stats very easily, so it's a lot of trial and error for their positions. If they're not getting 5+ stars in the youth team then they're not worth persisting with.

I've been lucky and have managed to pull a number of quality players over the years, I'd estimate I've made profits in excess of 30 million in player sales/worth of players in starting lineup/friendly team. Therefore I advise the youth academy, although it can get quite expensive. Up to 40k a week, so you spend 600k+ before you might get a remotely decent player. And then there's the training...
Also what how many scouts and what training do you perform in your youth team?

Wow memories. Good to see people still play this. I tapped out a few years ago after making some poor strategic decisions that basically shot 6 years of positive momentum. <3

Alright if you are training wingers what's the best way to go about it?

When you say 8 players I assume that relates to 4 wingers and 4 wingbacks. What is the best way to get match practice into all of these players?

Do you guys play friendlies every week?

Since you're first starting out, probably have to buy 4 'naked' 17 year old wingers that are (high) passable in skill level. as well as 4 wingbacks that are inadequate in winger + defending. possibly even passable defending. If you can, try to get the ones closer to leveling up. I'm pretty sure there is an art to it and it's judged by their wages and maybe even their TSI as well. I think there is a site somewhere that was good for predicting when they'd level up, but i've forgotten what it was.

I could be wrong, but unfortuantely wingbacks take longer to train up, almost double that of a winger. Which is the only major drawback of training winger. Don't get the full profits out of the wingbacks because they end up being a lot less skilled than pure wingers at the same age when they are older.

But yup, you need to play 2 games a week. play your 2 best wingers + wingbacks in the league game and the other 4 in your friendly to maximise your training regime.

But otherwise, IIRC, best things to train for new teams is probably winger, GK or playmaking.

GK, you only need 2 trainees.

I don't think they tell you what skill level the youth players are. You get a vague idea and its up to you to find their best position on the field. Have looked on the forums and it seems people are getting quite a lot of 17 year old double solids or solid/passables which sell for a fair bit of coin.

But judging by RoJo's initial outlay into getting it going, i think i might leave that until i find my feet a bit. I'm £96k in debt at the moment. lol

Lost in the 2nd round of the Cup today as well. I have no doubt had i played my strongest lineup and perhaps MOTS'd i would have beaten him i reckon. Ended up PIC and only lost out in the midfield wretched (high) to wretched (very high) To be honest, i don't think i would have minded doing the MOTS since i am in a league full of 7 bots and dont want to promote at the end of the season.

The max you can have is 3 scouts. It's 20k for 1 scout, 30k for 2 and 40k for 3. Max of 3scouts. The players they generally suggest are absolute gash, hence why you need 3.

My training changes regularly depending on the few decent prospects I have. I used to do playmaking and I have about 6 players in my senior list from my youth academy. At the moment I'm training defending and scoring, I haven't had many good youth players for a while (bit of a lull after recently promoting all the guys I was focussing on), so my aim is to just get a few players I can sell off for a 100k+ atm.

My advice would be to train keepers for the senior team. They sell for bucketloads. I recommend looking for a defender with say passable defending, weak/inad keeper, you can pick one of these up for like 10k. Then train them in keeper and set pieces in the offseason. Then use the rest of your money on a good keeper prospect for your starting team. And a few cheap buys to make your team competitive and you're set.

Everyone trains playmaking (including me) and as far as making profits go... the players a dime a dozen and hardly sell. EG. The 3 young gun mids I have would currently sell for 5-6 mil, whereas a keeper with the same rating easily 15 mill.

If I'm focusing on training keepers, is it worth upgrading to a better coach?

For sure. Grab a coach with poor leadership and solid training skill. Not sure how much they cost in AU though. $250k??

IIRC the benefits of attacking minded and defensive minded are pretty minimal and i normally just get one thats neither attack or defensive minded.

For sure. Grab a coach with poor leadership and solid training skill. Not sure how much they cost in AU though. $250k??

IIRC the benefits of attacking minded and defensive minded are pretty minimal and i normally just get one thats neither attack or defensive minded.
$537k for what you suggested :eek: what's the downside from using my current "weak" trainer level coach, how much slower are my players going to level up?

It'll be considerably slower, don't know the exact figures. But I'd say it'd take probably a whole season with a weak coach compared to 5 weeks with a solid coach. Would be pointless keeping your team with one. If you can't afford a solid trainer then take a passable one with poor leadership. Weak coaches are absolutely pointless. In a seasons time then you can upgrade to a solid coach :thumbsu:

So I think I'm about to get raped in this Second Division. Also just noticed that lfcallstars are in the Premier division. I remember starting off against them in Div.V many years ago.

I can't make up my mind whether to sell off my good young midfielders and buy some slightly older more skilled ones so that I can actually be competitive in this league, or take the floggings and hope they improve enough so I stay up come the end of the season. My forwards are better than most in the league, and my keeper and defence is decent enough. My 2 young CM's aren't good enough for this league though.

I currently have about 6 mill in the bank (trying to sell a backup winger for ~4 mill. Could sell the two youngins for about 12-13 million in total.), it'll cost me about 20 mill for the 2CM's I need. Decisions, decisions...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once I get knocked out of the Cup, I'll let you be on the receiving end of some 7+ goal drubbings at the hands of my reserves :D

How do you get international friendlies? :eek:

Seems like you gotta have supporter to be able to search a bit more freely, they're really restricted this part of the game for non-supporters. Probably in the hope to get them to sign up.

How do you get international friendlies? :eek:

Seems like you gotta have supporter to be able to search a bit more freely, they're really restricted this part of the game for non-supporters. Probably in the hope to get them to sign up.
When you put yourself in the pool for friendlies, instead of having Oceania as the location change it to anywhere. Be careful though if you play the game away it costs you 12k in travel

When you put yourself in the pool for friendlies, instead of having Oceania as the location change it to anywhere. Be careful though if you play the game away it costs you 12k in travel

Was aware of the costs, but i dont even have the option to select 'anywhere', just 'Scotland'

With mine I don't change any of the settings and more often than not end up on an international friendly. It is more expensive but generally generates more income, provided you're not playing a s**t team in a tiny stadium.

So pissed. Nothing happened in my league match today, I go 1-0 up 63rd min, and then within the next 5 minutes a guy scores a hattrick and end up losing 4-1. Seriously... what.the.****.

my div is a yawnfest. 7-0 win today against a bot. First full season and already pulling poor (high) in midfield. and weak on the wings. Pretty happy about that to be honest.

Going to throw a few games later in the season to avoid auto-qual. Planning on staying down another season to get some money so i can afford better midfielders for when i go up.

Good idea IMO. I tanked and got demoted a few seasons ago which led to Sainter giving me s**t for ages....

Look who's better off now :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back