Have the Dogs gone past North Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiling Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 17, 2007
Cultural Marxist Utopia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The teams don't play until Rd 22. By then I suspect that Footscray's young brigade will have run out of puff and North will probably overrun them.

But in general terms, have the Dogs already gone past North? In 12 months time, who would you be backing on a Saturday afternoon?

The whole 'x > y, y > z, so x > z' argument does not work in AFL, we all know that. So just because Adelaide spanked North and Footscray spanked Adelaide, doesn't mean the Dogs > North.

But the objective viewer has to wonder if the boys from Footscray have already passed North. I fear they may have. What say you?

The teams don't play until Rd 22. By then I suspect that Footscray's young brigade will have run out of puff and North will probably overrun them.

But in general terms, have the Dogs already gone past North? In 12 months time, who would you be backing on a Saturday afternoon?

The whole 'x > y, y > z, so x > z' argument does not work in AFL, we all know that. So just because Adelaide spanked North and Footscray spanked Adelaide, doesn't mean the Dogs > North.

But the objective viewer has to wonder if the boys from Footscray have already passed North. I fear they may have. What say you?

Dogs shown more talent today IMO.

North won but gee they butchered the ball early.

North might chalk a few more wins up but doggies have more talent brewing I think.

I think we are going to have to raid the draft again to catch back up with the doggies again

Put down the crack pipe you pelican

I love all the attention we're getting. But this is A Grade Rubbish.

North are a comfortable Top 8 team, pushing Top 4. I'll be delirious if the Dogs win 10 games this year.

Let's not get too excited in Round 4.

This. We're still a major work in progress and a few years away from seriously challenging, all things going well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North & Dogs both impressive yesterday

Honestly if I had relatives come from overseas, and they wanted to learn about AFL. North v Dogs would be the game I take them to. Exciting football to watch yesterday

& no, think Roos are still ahead comfortably. Need use teams in the mid range to compare Dogs to like Tigers or Eagles

No chance. Theyre years ahead of us in terms of development and rightly should be considered better than us.

Its nice to be seeing the rebuild moving at full speed though considering the off-field situation at the end of last year.

Question what is Luke Beveridge doing differently to McCartney? I'm watching Dogs this year and looks like a complete 360. I'm enjoying Jong, real talent

I'm watching North this year too and their squad looks different too. Higgins and Waite plus Ben Brown super impressive

interesting to see how far the dogs can go this year. Cant see them making the eight at this stage but the way they are playing could see them surprise some more teams.

If they can roll one of the teams that played Saturday night, that would be huge

Bulldogs are impressive but North are ahead.
Once that run and gun style holds up against top 4 sides like against Sydney away this weekend I'll be more impressed.

Please don't take smiling Buddha seriously, he is far from a north fan and brings threads like this out every year. Good for the doggies.
That is rubbish. I would post on the North board if I were allowed to, but there is a former mod who still gets upset when I am around so I am permabanned for my 'crimes' of five years ago :(

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning. The Dogs have gone past us, but only if you are lookibg in 12 months time? So they haven't yet?

Fair to say though, they are building quite a list of kids who will be stars. Need a ruckman and a couple of good flanker type players, other than that they have their list and just need time, games and experience.

I see North top 8 for at least 2015 & 2016, and the Dogs pushing for it in 2016. So I would say 2017 when Boyd, Talia, Bontempelli, Stringer, Hrovat, Smith etc have 40 more games to their name and a couple of pre-seasons more to their bodies will be the year the Dogs jump into top 4 area and play consistently good footy.

No chance. Theyre years ahead of us in terms of development and rightly should be considered better than us.

Its nice to be seeing the rebuild moving at full speed though considering the off-field situation at the end of last year.

This is the most impressive thing. I thought it was reasonable to predict the Dogs to be bottom 4 this year - loss of Griffen, Cooney and Higgins, Boyd past his best, some depth in Gia and Jones gone, and Libba out for the year.

Guys like Jong, Wallis and Johannisen have really stepped up and Murphy and M.Boyd have hit some fantastic form, not to mention the obvious ones - Bont, Stringer, Macrae, Dahlhaus..

The Dogs would have been excused to start the year flat considering the changes to their best 22 from last year.

Just one comparison to consider : the Dogs have banked on Boyd fulfilling his promise as a gun key forward. By the time he hits his straps, Petrie will have retired.

We'll be banking on Brown to have developed to the same level by then.

Same with Waite.

I enjoyed the dogs win, watched a couple of their games this year, good young squad.

Having said that week to week why does everyone want to make big grand statements? Lets watch a few rounds and see how sides are going.

North played a prelim last year have had a few injuries and are still 2-2

I also dont get the random comparison between these two sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back