Have the Dogs gone past North Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North have fallen into the same trap Carlton previously have, Richmond have, the Crows have.

They get to 5-8 on the ladder, and think they're primed for a serious tilt at the flag, so try and load up a few trades to bridge the gap.

But, the reality is, they're miles away from top 4 quality, the top up players aren't good enough to bridge th gap, so they bounce around 4-9 for a while, and then drop off again.

North have a reasonable list, but it lacks genuine quality, and has very few game breaking, match winners. Without them, they'll never be a genuine premiership threat.

WB look excellent, and are building nicely, but they need to be careful they don't fall into that same trap.
We finished 4th last year.

How do you know the Dogs won't become the Port of 2015?? Lots got sucked in last year. Harder draw and more time invested into them and you don't know what will happen.

How do you know the Dogs won't become the Port of 2015?? Lots got sucked in last year. Harder draw and more time invested into them and you don't know what will happen.

Or we might become the North of 2015. Overachieved one year and now reality hitting.

And being honest, we have overachieved this year. But that doesn't make it any less sweet. We're still one of the least experienced and youngest sides and most of our players are years off their peak

All 10 of the bulldog supporters who visit this website are very cocky at the moment. I hope they get belted in the first week of finals, it would make my year. And don't have a crack at me about richmonds records in finals, I'm fully aware we've done crap in the past 2 years
lol, poke you bulldog.....but don't poke me back because i am pathetic?... does that about sum it up?

Because our list is young and talented and are hungry to learn. Plus competition for spots is fierce. However, young teams are inconsistent so we could easily drop off next year, but we will still be up there for the next few years due to how young our team is.

I'm happy whenever one of the small Melbourne clubs gets any sort of success, but I think Bulldogs fans are a bit naive in believing that a young team performing well one year will mean that they will 'naturally' get better the next year. Port finished 2014 in a prelim with a list that was the same average age of the Bulldogs'. They will not even make finals this year. Gold Coast finished 2014 two games out of the 8, with almost the youngest list in the league (just edged out by GWS) and looked primed for their first finals series in 2015. They will finish bottom four this year.

Doggies have officially gone past North, no denying that now. :)

Sadly some North fans are in denial about the previous state of their list and age demographic.

Next year I expect St Kilda to go past North as well, the Saints have much bigger upside and potential for growth.

North have hit their ceiling, I'm afraid.

Sadly some North fans are in denial about the previous state of their list and age demographic.

Next year I expect St Kilda to go past North as well, the Saints have much bigger upside and potential for growth.

That's some amazing eye sight.
A Carlton supporter that can see a ceiling.

Yeah it's pretty much amounted to absolutely nothing for them a couple of finals with an aging list, there going no where fast a rebuild is looking most likely this list isn't taking them anywhere sorry to say north supporters.

And a geriatric midget is still one of your best 5 players.

That's my point though - you finished 4th, but you're miles away from being a genuine premiership threat; topping up won't bridge that gap unless you bring in some top end, match winning talent.

It was a strange game to assess.

I thought our talls at both ends of the ground clearly troubled the dogs but our midfield was absolutely reamed. The worst pasting we've copped for a while.

I take comfort in the fact that surely they can't play that badly again and we might give our forwards more of an opportunity to dominate but credit to the dogs.

I'm happy whenever one of the small Melbourne clubs gets any sort of success, but I think Bulldogs fans are a bit naive in believing that a young team performing well one year will mean that they will 'naturally' get better the next year. Port finished 2014 in a prelim with a list that was the same average age of the Bulldogs'. They will not even make finals this year. Gold Coast finished 2014 two games out of the 8, with almost the youngest list in the league (just edged out by GWS) and looked primed for their first finals series in 2015. They will finish bottom four this year.
Gold Coast was screwed this year when Jnr went down, in fact Jnr was the only reason they almost made the 8 last year and the reason they didn't when he went down last year too.

Port on the other hand are more a shining light and sense of hope for opposition supporters concerning the dogs then an ominous Omen for dogs supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a strange game to assess.

I thought our talls at both ends of the ground clearly troubled the dogs but our midfield was absolutely reamed. The worst pasting we've copped for a while.

I take comfort in the fact that surely they can't play that badly again and we might give our forwards more of an opportunity to dominate but credit to the dogs.
Ben Jacobs missed his hit against Bontempelli it's fair to say.

And a geriatric midget is still one of your best 5 players.

That's my point though - you finished 4th, but you're miles away from being a genuine premiership threat; topping up won't bridge that gap unless you bring in some top end, match winning talent.
Hopefully we have a couple of key signings this off season. It's easier to change your list than it was 5 years ago.

Your Thompson still goes good. Not sure having the oldest player at a club still doing well is a bad thing.

Port on the other hand are more a shining light and sense of hope for opposition supporters concerning the dogs then an ominous Omen for dogs supporters.

Haha okay mate.

Bulldogs year has been just ridiculous. Every time they have had to chance to drop off, no one would've said anything. "Oh they've had a good run but they're young, they'll improve next year but too much for them this soon..." But nup, just kept winning. And after the off-season they had?? :confused:

Can't actually explain how impressive they've been IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back