Mod. Notice HAVE YOUR SAY ON THE FUTURE OF THE RICHMOND BOARD [TIGERS ONLY]

How would you rate your experience on BigFooty?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over all a mods job is a hard and thankless job at times so credit goes to you guys for taking on the job.

I'm not sure if it's a mods job to take sides and delete posts or rubbish other posters on here which must be hard to resist at times but has certainly happened this year. Calling names is not ideal but I've never seen anyone called anything really bad in here. I've never called anyone cocko but I've seen it here and I'd like to point out it's not short for utensil head it's another word for old mate or old utensil and is just slang . I only say this because I've seen people get offended by it when they shouldn't.

As for the constant bagging of players on here or the coach , that's football and this is a footy forum where the good players get praised and the spuds cop it in the hope that they get traded or delisted. I think it's more than fair to praise 43 players on our list and put crap on Matt Thomas and Shaun Hampson because they are useless . In years gone past it was other list cloggers copping it.

I also think people get too uptight when Chris Newman cops it on here because he has only played 5 or 6 decent games this year and is becoming a list clogger.

I have to admit that the most times there is trouble in here it's when people don't read the previous posts which I have done myself.

As for other supporters . I like the way they are welcomed here but if they are dicks on their own boards when we go over there then piss them off. I think the mods do a decent job of that.

It's been pretty good this year. I think the loosening of some the overly bureaucratic rules has been a good change. I definitely agree about the merging of threads/posts. There was a period for a while where the same few flogs would clog up the board with the same rant threads and posts. I respect their right to voice their opinion - I just don't read the posts or open the threads - but there was a period where 95% of the board was the same s**t.

THAT MEANS I CAN POST EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING:D
Sorry TIA if you're thinking of me .As the game plan got more repetitive I Think we all became OVERLY repetitive and depressed.
Flower sniffers too defensive which made Realists more aggressive.
I think things have worked out well with good communication with each other and the Mods input.
Remember when i first came onto the scene people were calling me a flog based on my User ID:cry:
I love the forum and without discussion it would be pointless. i would enjoy mowing the lawns Sunday morning if it was all bland and idle chat.
the biggest issue is most arguments start from people not fully reading the thread or even posts and then they tend to get personal.
keep up the good work Mods and hang in there TIA AS WE ALL ADMIRE YOU TREMENDOUS POSITIVITY ;)

And vice versa!!;)

I'm not sure if it's still an issue but about a month or two back the game day threads were overflowing with negativity. Even when we were winning (saints and lions) I'd say about 90% of the posts were bashing the club and players (mostly Thomas, Petterd and Vickery) over any slight error.

I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed though because the thread moves pretty quickly and you can't really tell people to be more positive. Regardless, when the threads get like that it's not a very enjoyable experience.

Other than that, and the lack of Selma Hayek's ****, I really like everything else about the board. It's moderated well and there's some pretty good posters on here.

Love the board.
I guess my only feedback would be to minimise the meltdowns the board goes into after a loss. Having several overreaction threads, sack the coach, delist Vickery, all that stuff- just a bit too much.

I do realise efforts are to be made to consolidate to a rant thread but still a bit to go IMO.

It's gotten to the point that after a loss I ignore the board until the next game.

Having said that, seven wins and it's a happy place!

But seriously though, not sure if you can fix this problem: this board wasn't great to be around earlier in the year when we were losing. The same negative thread was worded in 5 different ways and the board is just clogged with the same topics. It's hard to moderate, probably up to posters to not start a new thread on what's already been discussed. It's also up to Richmond to play better footy :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only negative imo is the opp posters that come on here trying to argue a blatantly biased point of view, I dont know if they cant understand the concept of a team board or are just generally trolling.
But meh...the ignore function deals with them easily enough.

great board. lighten up on taking a big stick to hot avatars.

no need for personal attacks. play the ball. card those who infringe.

if essendon get done for drug cheating, their board should be suspended for the same length of time ;)

I think it's doing very well - considering where we were at the start of the year.

Been a year long reader, found it hard to post for a while but that's coming back.

If I have your permission, possibly with the help of Equus I'd like to help get TCH back up and in full swing.
We need your train traveling memoirs agin t55, they were gold

It's like it's been for years, the quality of the board is dependant on the posters not the mods IMO.. I can honestly say the vast majority of you I can tolerate which is amazing because you are all humans..
Not being able to bump threads is my pet gripe.. I remember wen I said in JR's early days that 'he couldn't hit a barn door with a handful of rice' and someone bumped my quote and I actually enjoyed it.. People can be to precious with this and we are emotional beings tiger supporters, if we we weren't we'd follow Melbourne

I reckon our board completely shits on all others.
In fact I don't bother even going on to others.
Personally i am a fan of our more tolerant ways with opposition posters.
It's sort of like playing with a dead mouse.
Our board has a lot of witty, clever posters and I reckon trolls are on a hiding to nothing.
Mods are really good.
The one thing I would support is going really hard on posters who personally attack other posters with bullshit name calling.
I hate reading that rubbish it really gets my back up.
Bitterness and disapointment usually culminate in wit.

But in all seriousness the board runs fine. People get fairly rained in and the mods are not easily offended so we do not get a nanny state. But we have to remember alwayd that this picture applies to all internet forums
993322_440534152721005_1905994924_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back