Autopsy Hawks Eaten Alive By Tigers, Round 18 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Heres a big statement for you all.

Everyone whinging about travelling in finals , STOP!

A GAME IS A GAME A GROUND IS A GROUND,

I don't think for us Subi is anything but another ground, I am sick of this home ground bulldust, the only home grounds left in Australia that really effect a game is Aurora and Adelaide Oval, which is, by the way a beautiful ground.

We can play Subi don't worry. If we lose it won't be because of the ground it'll be because we lost.

Last night always prepares teams for the future , and will it happen again , don't think so. We had some bad luck things happen last night too.

And I go along with the poster who said that the easy night at Carlton was not good for hard game mindsets, at this level you have to be ready for everything like its your life on the line.

It wasn't there last night for us , the Tiges were right on it though!

There are five rounds left , lots can happen , this round is barely started!
All true , and guess where we play our worst football right now, The MCG. , collingwood should have beaten us there a month ago only their poor conversion saved us, essendon beat us and in our return match they were on top for almost all the first half, the swans beat us and now this woeful performance last night, we didn't kick a single goal to the city end all night. Getting a final away from the G might be a blessing they way they have played there this year. Bizarre .

This is a very good loss to have, and some are overreacting ITT. We will learn more from this loss should teams employ these tactics against us again, than what we take other than 4 points from a win. We were made to play like amateurs(well done tigers thoroughly deserved win) and still lost by 3 goals. Teams need to absolutely apply themselves for 4 quarters to beat us.

Not saying we will win the flag or go unbeaten for the rest of the year, but I won't give up until our season is officially over, not "officially" over like some are claiming.

I think your underselling your behavior by a fair margin. You guys have been more like this:

renGy.gif
That's Bruce after Cyril kicks a goal.

All true , and guess where we play our worst football right now, The MCG. , collingwood should have beaten us there a month ago only their poor conversion saved us, essendon beat us and in our return match they were on top for almost all the first half, the swans beat us and now this woeful performance last night, we didn't kick a single goal to the city end all night. Getting a final away from the G might be a blessing they way they have played there this year. Bizarre .
Interesting... I hadn't even thought about that... But that's where a GF is played ... But what your saying is correct we've played better footy elsewhere...another note I really believe Spang is so important to the team.. He's a bit if an enigma much better than frawley I'm afraid.think we got it wrong with him maybe but to be fair he's had a shocking year but so has spang:(

Meh, piss poor effort last night and the scoreboard flattered us in the end
Yep. Clarko commented about that in his press conference. Said he was surprised they didn't win by ten goals. He told it like it is and said we'd had a poor build up, that Richmond were out to avenge the defeat last week, etc., etc.. Hope we are switched on next week.

The interview with Sammy in the rooms was interesting for a couple of comments he made. Said after a loss like last night it will be good for the team to stay together when we go interstate next week. Then said "I wish it was tomorrow". That makes me think they guys will not be so complacent against WC.

Just on Frawley you better get used to the way he performed last night because even a fully fit chippa is still pretty bad...
I have to admit i was hoping he would leave last year due to the fact of the compensation pick in which we picked Brayshaw. When he chose Hawthorn i was baffled and even more confused you guys went after him. He is just so un Hawthorn like due to your team superior footskills and intelligence.. Frawley is so far the opposite that i personally don't think he is in your best 22. He brings your team a level down due to his lack of awareness and decision making skill which is another Hawthorn prides themselves in.

Watching most Hawthorn games this year you cannot afford to carry this bloke into finals he will seriously cost you big time under the extreme pressure like he did against the doggies last year. Matty Spangher IMO cannot come back quick enough, him and Lake i have penciled in as your two best fall defenders.

Thanks for your thoughts, they were swell.

I said the same sort of s**t when Franklin left, dodgy thumbs, long contract, on the gear and stuff but never on the $wans board coz I knew that sort of stuff would get carded but you seem to be doing well.

Funny thing is I watch a lot of Melbourne games and have to disagree with you. Frawley is a good player and excellent one on one. The Hawks picked him up for this (Lake is clearly in his last year, it's called planning) and not for his disposal efficiency which I agree is just average.

Not to worried, we made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes, fix them up and we'll be fine.
If we can win next week top 2 is still well and truly alive.
At least a lot of the pressure will be off us. Well done to Richmond though, thought they played very well, was a good response by them after our 2nd quarter.

At least I got to report the lurking likers.
I don't get the need to come onto another board and troll especially when your team wasn't involved.
Amazing how many people are bitter at our success as a club

10 premierships, and still in the top 3 biggest clubs in the land (members wise) with hardly any success in the last 30 years. I get your disappointed but no needs to make up crap like, shows a lack of class.

bad luck on the loss

'hardly any success in the last 30 years"…you mean no success at all
The Richmond bandwagon does know how to celebrate a premiership, though.

It would have been great back in 1982!

1980 was there last flag…get it right please #35yearsofvirginity

That's Bruce after Cyril kicks a goal.

It's any commentator's reaction after Cyril gets a standard possession, that any other player would just get called normally as it should, but when Cyril does the exact same thing it's all of sudden "unbelievable, genius....", it's laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Attention all members: We ask you to maintain a safe distance, as there is a “board meltdown” in process!

One loss and we want half the team sacked. Well played Tigers, see you in September!

'hardly any success in the last 30 years"…you mean no success at all

1980 was there last flag…get it right please #35yearsofvirginity
You'd think a Hawks fan would know a fellow's fan's schadenfreude when he sees it. He's referring to the last Grand Final we played in, and lost. He's saying it would have been great to see because you like seeing us lose.

Interesting... I hadn't even thought about that... But that's where a GF is played ... But what your saying is correct we've played better footy elsewhere...another note I really believe Spang is so important to the team.. He's a bit if an enigma much better than frawley I'm afraid.think we got it wrong with him maybe but to be fair he's had a shocking year but so has spang:(
Yes , Spang has like frawley had his injury concerns but when he played he performed, frawley has not. Frawley is just going to put a solid block of footy together at Box hill before he plays for Hawthorn again. We cannot afford his errors and poor skills and decision making in such a vital area of the ground. By the time he gets his game together at BH Spang will probably be back from injury and he will easily get the nod out of the 2 on exposed form. Also ugly games like last night show that we need a fit langers back playing like the bull he was last year.

Yes , Spang has like frawley had his injury concerns but when he played he performed, frawley has not. Frawley is just going to put a solid block of footy together at Box hill before he plays for Hawthorn again. We cannot afford his errors and poor skills and decision making in such a vital area of the ground. By the time he gets his game together at BH Spang will probably be back from injury and he will easily get the nod out of the 2 on exposed form. Also ugly games like last night show that we need a fit langers back playing like the bull he was last year.
Prior to the essendon game where he was injured for a second time Chip put together a solid month where he barely let an opponent a shot on goal including blanketing buddy in our first game against the swans
He doesn't look as exciting as Spangher who throws himself at every contest but he doesn't over commit and has great recovery
I think he won't really look comfortable with our game plan until next year it's going to be up to the coaches to decide who is better for our team come September but the way this year has gone it could come down to which one of them is fit at the right time

Stevo on tripleM just trying to get on our good side. Reckons Razor Ray was so bad he won't be umpiring the GF and that we got the worst of a s**t night

That doesn't happen. Otherwise McBurney would never have done a Grand Final.

How far away is langers though seems to be on the outer plus injured:(

Don't hate Cyril at all, he is an absolute gun, mercurial. The commentators go way overboard though, on a normal, mundane possession like he's done something spectacular, where other players get it called normally as it should, that's all.

Don't hate Cyril at all, he is an absolute gun, mercurial. The commentators go way overboard though, on a normal, mundane possession like he's done something spectacular, where other players get it called normally as it should, that's all.
It is also like that with Gary Ablett, in fact, AFL.com add possessions to his name when he isn't even on the ground. The commentators go nuts at him getting fed the ball by acting like a seagull around a pack. Not saying he is a bad player, just the commentators go overboard as well.

It's any commentator's reaction after Cyril gets a standard possession, that any other player would just get called normally as it should, but when Cyril does the exact same thing it's all of sudden "unbelievable, genius....", it's laughable.
You should watch hawthorn games.

Cyril doesn't get standard possessions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back