Hawks new clash jumper

Pic.jpg

Sadly he had plenty to cheer about :(

YJ9n7Zf.jpg

I actually really love it and now the hunt begins for a white power ranger mask to match it :D.
I also know what top I am going to wear should I ever have the desire to go out clubbing...... :oops:

It actually looks really cool in certian lighting (purchased it from the afl shop and the gold really stood out).

MadDawg

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2006
Counting cups
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The greatest team of all!
YJ9n7Zf.jpg

I actually really love it and now the hunt begins for a white power ranger mask to match it :D.
I also know what top I am going to wear should I ever have the desire to go out clubbing...... :oops:

It actually looks really cool in certian lighting (purchased it from the afl shop and the gold really stood out).
always cover the size :D

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
I'm 6'2 w/ a athletic-ish build.

Haven't bought a Hawthorn guernsey since 2007 when I was just a kid, so I've no idea about the sizing.

Dad bought the 2011 50 years of Flag guernsey as a memento. It's a Puma size XL. Fits me well, but the arm holes seep down to around the middle of my ribcage. If we were still with Puma I'd probably go w/ a size Large, but apparently the Adidas sizes are relatively smaller.

This year's clash is so hilariously bad that I'm interested in buying. I'd only wear it around the house and to the Gym (Never wear merch to games), so compensating for size by rocking a shirt under it isn't an option.

I've recently moved interstate and can't get out to Waverley as much as I used to, so trying one on is a bit of a task.

Any suggestions on sizing, lads?

I'm 6'2 w/ a athletic-ish build.

Haven't bought a Hawthorn guernsey since 2007 when I was just a kid, so I've no idea about the sizing.

Dad bought the 2011 50 years of Flag guernsey as a memento. It's a Puma size XL. Fits me well, but the arm holes seep down to around the middle of my ribcage. If we were still with Puma I'd probably go w/ a size Large, but apparently the Adidas sizes are relatively smaller.

This year's clash is so hilariously bad that I'm interested in buying. I'd only wear it around the house and to the Gym (Never wear merch to games), so compensating for size by rocking a shirt under it isn't an option.

I've recently moved interstate and can't get out to Waverley as much as I used to, so trying one on is a bit of a task.

Any suggestions on sizing, lads?
Find a Rebel Sport and try it on there then purchase online via the club.

I find the Adidas clothing to be one size down compared to the Puma sizing (eg 3XL puma is about the same as a 2XL Adidas guernsey). I had read that the sizing for the clash guernsey is a bit off (re: 2xl feels more like XL or something... I may have read it in this very thread I can't remember lol).

To me the 2XL of the clash guernsey feels about the same as the 2XL of the 13/14 home/away guernsey (can't really tell the difference, I would be honest if it was feeling tight around the belly lol) - I can't comment if it's the same feel as the 15 home/away guernsey design as I have no intention of buying it (hypocritical considering I love the clash design..... but I just hate how they changed the stripes lol).

I don't really rock the singlet look very well - I never find a happy medium between the shoulder issue. Get a size that makes the gut feel less tucked in - the shoulders are too loose and you get a good look at the arm pits lol. Get a size that sits very well at the shoulders - the gut doesn't have quite enough room to breathe haha. I compensate by buying the next size up and wearing a shirt under it (that's if I wear it in winter, I tend to only wear them on 30+ degree days over summer).

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
I find the Adidas clothing to be one size down compared to the Puma sizing (eg 3XL puma is about the same as a 2XL Adidas guernsey). I had read that the sizing for the clash guernsey is a bit off (re: 2xl feels more like XL or something... I may have read it in this very thread I can't remember lol).

To me the 2XL of the clash guernsey feels about the same as the 2XL of the 13/14 home/away guernsey (can't really tell the difference, I would be honest if it was feeling tight around the belly lol) - I can't comment if it's the same feel as the 15 home/away guernsey design as I have no intention of buying it (hypocritical considering I love the clash design..... but I just hate how they changed the stripes lol).

I don't really rock the singlet look very well - I never find a happy medium between the shoulder issue. Get a size that makes the gut feel less tucked in - the shoulders are too loose and you get a good look at the arm pits lol. Get a size that sits very well at the shoulders - the gut doesn't have quite enough room to breathe haha. I compensate by buying the next size up and wearing a shirt under it (that's if I wear it in winter, I tend to only wear them on 30+ degree days over summer).
So the Adidas guernseys are larger fits?

That's contrary to what I've heard, haha.

So the Adidas guernseys are larger fits?

That's contrary to what I've heard, haha.

For me they are :confused:

I have only had a few puma guernseys over the years (ironically enough the white/away hawthorn guernsey from 2008, the home guernsey from 2012 and the clash from the same year). The only one that fit properly was the clash from 2012 and that was because of the larger size :D.

Are we set to wear the clash jumper this weekend ?

POWER RANGERS UNITE

IT's MORPHIN TIME.

*To clarify I am aware that they are wearing it against GWS, I was curious if other people that have gone out to buy it thus far will also put it on this weekend as well.

I will be at the game wearing the Power Rangers guernsey with pride!!! ;)

yamupetau

Debutant
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man United
Yeah I can also vouch for Adidas being much larger. I've had a few of the Pumas and found that a large fits me the best (that's while wearing it over a hoody at the games. I've never worn a Large in any other types of clothing). I would only wear a Medium if it was over a light t-shirt when the weather was warmer so, ususally only for pre-season games.
When I bought one of the Adidas ones for the first time a couple of years ago, I got one in a medium because I heard that they are a little bigger than the pumas and thought the medium would do ok. But it absolutely swamped me and looked pretty crap. Since then, the small ones I've bought fit perfectly either when I'm wearing it by itself or at the game over a hoody.
I do think this years are a little different in the sizing though (possibly to the new template) I've seen the mediums hanging up in the shop and they looked smaller than usual and my power ranger top is a medium and fits me quite well, there wasn't a small in stock to try on for comparison.

It would be pretty cool to see a bunch of us at a game all together in the power ranger guernsey (with or without the mask). Almost certain to get yourselves some airtime and maybe an acknowledgement from Hawthorn too. I would be keen but there is a big space of water called bass strait that seperates me from the MCG and thus am lucky to get to one or two Melbourne games a year.

Yeah I can also vouch for Adidas being much larger. I've had a few of the Pumas and found that a large fits me the best (that's while wearing it over a hoody at the games. I've never worn a Large in any other types of clothing). I would only wear a Medium if it was over a light t-shirt when the weather was warmer so, ususally only for pre-season games.
When I bought one of the Adidas ones for the first time a couple of years ago, I got one in a medium because I heard that they are a little bigger than the pumas and thought the medium would do ok. But it absolutely swamped me and looked pretty crap. Since then, the small ones I've bought fit perfectly either when I'm wearing it by itself or at the game over a hoody.
I do think this years are a little different in the sizing though (possibly to the new template) I've seen the mediums hanging up in the shop and they looked smaller than usual and my power ranger top is a medium and fits me quite well, there wasn't a small in stock to try on for comparison.

It would be pretty cool to see a bunch of us at a game all together in the power ranger guernsey (with or without the mask). Almost certain to get yourselves some airtime and maybe an acknowledgement from Hawthorn too. I would be keen but there is a big space of water called bass strait that seperates me from the MCG and thus am lucky to get to one or two Melbourne games a year.

Agreed. I bought a Medium when they first switched to Adidas, having been a Medium in all Puma guernsey previously. But found the Medium Adidas guernsey was far too loose on me. So have always bought Smalls since. However, this Clash Guernsey that I bought in a Small seems even smaller still. I mean it'll be fine, but it is definitely slightly smaller than the home guernsey I bought.

Back