Toast Hawks refuse to pay for Sydney / GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

The lack of response & muted silence from the AFL & all other associated AFL media analysts/commentators, is deafening in it's universality!

Love to have seen the memo from AFL HQ:eek:
Exactly. Afl agenda being disputed. Media complicit in burying the story. They know who their masters are.

Exactly. Afl agenda being disputed. Media complicit in burying the story. They know who their masters are.

No surprise to see the Goo article in the HUN the next day.... Bagging out the Hawks as a 'betting culture' which got him 'hooked'.... Wonder how much 'moolah' they slid under the table to him for that juicy little 'tid-bit'.

No one doubts the veracity of what has been said; but it's timing had the stench of 'back-room, dirty politics' all over it.

If it wasn't for MY team, I couldn't give a rat's arse about the game.

This.

And I hate to say it, Victorians seriously under-rate rugby league as a sporting spectacle.

You've missed a very important word in that sentence. Television. A television spectacle.

Which is why Victorians do not and will never understand it.

This.

You've missed a very important word in that sentence. Television. A television spectacle.

Which is why Victorians do not and will never understand it.
Wait. I live in brisbane, and I bloody hate it.

It is entirely populated by troglodytes. Here's an idea mr rugby league player, run AWAY from the guy trying to tackle you, you moron.

Wait. I live in brisbane, and I bloody hate it.

It is entirely populated by troglodytes. Here's an idea mr rugby league player, run AWAY from the guy trying to tackle you, you moron.
Found the same.

Many dont even try and embrace a different sport. Talk about bogans and neanderthals.

I decided to leave the place. They can have their rugby and the stinking Summer humidity.

Most overrated capital city in Oz.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Apart from a handful of blokes, people don't care about rugby league in qld like people care about afl in Melbourne. Some do of course but the sport doesn't rate a mention except at origin time. Even then the decline in interest in origin is very noticeable. In past years people would deck out their desk in their state colours. Now you get a couple of people do it only. No office banter either. The supporters the lions do have are very passionate as are the supporters of the Broncos and roar (no one really cares about the Reds unless they are winning haha) but widespread passion like you see in Melbourne is non-existent here.

Yes, I think AFL is much strnoger in brisbane than it is in Sydney. My son plays for his school, (handy small forward with the most accurate kick for goal I have ever seen, never misses if within range) He is two years younger than the rest of the team, he was a little reticent about mentioning afl to his mates, thinking that they would tell him NRL was better. It turns out there's a fifty fifty split. In sydney theres all the bullshit about aerial ping ping and the like. At least afl players can string two words together and stick a two and a half somersault tuck with words of more than one syllable.

Good.
We will tell the crosseyed McLauchlan and the biased rape pig Fitzpatrick to go and get raped

Good.
We will tell the crosseyed McLauchlan...
500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Screw gifting the Swans some undeserved premierships!

A mate of mine is a Swans supporter from a distance, doesn't go to any games, but watches a lot on TV. He thinks the Swans are one of the greatest teams of the modern era.
When I point out that their wins have come on the back of huge financial & other advantages that other clubs don't have, he just says "but the AFL needs Sydney to win to be successful"

He doesn't get that the premierships they win are just gifts.

Just curious, how was our 2012 win a 'gift'??? Can somewhat understand your thinking in 05 due to the hall saga but please, 2012 was not a gift, we had a Richmond reject at FF, not buddy or tippett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious, how was our 2012 win a 'gift'??? Can somewhat understand your thinking in 05 due to the hall saga but please, 2012 was not a gift, we had a Richmond reject at FF, not buddy or tippett.

3rd placed Swans 'Gifted' all of 1st placed Hawks hard won 'rights' in Finals re-shuffle!....Like you needed that spelt out to you!o_O

I haven't read the preceding 10 pages so I apologise in advance if this has been raised.

We don't have the luxury of history on our side. We are 25 years away from the possibility of getting a father son.

Father son selections are more of a lottery than academy players, I understand that.

But until we can have access to a father son (and this may sound rich coming from a guy who's club is going to be AFL dependant for at least another 5 years minimum) how can we (GWS and Gold Coast) have a level playing field?

Cap our selections at 1 per year, and the others go into the central draft pool?

I'm more than happy to have the Swans and Lions academy's repealed or their selections coming at a bigger cost - these clubs have history on their side. They have access to father/sons.

As for the 2 plastic franchises, we have to have something.

Or is that asking too much?

Also, more than happy to not have Riverina in our zone. Canberra we should concentrate more on. And Penrtih and Parramatta etc.

There are areas that aren't footy strongholds yet where we can try and develop the next Heeney.

Maybe we can look at a situation in the future, when we are eligible for a father/son where we still fund the academy but have no priority to signing the kids?

And the kids that get drafted by other clubs somehow affect our draft position in a positive way wether it be the year after or that current year...???

I haven't read the preceding 10 pages so I apologise in advance if this has been raised.

We don't have the luxury of history on our side. We are 25 years away from the possibility of getting a father son.

Father son selections are more of a lottery than academy players, I understand that.

But until we can have access to a father son (and this may sound rich coming from a guy who's club is going to be AFL dependant for at least another 5 years minimum) how can we (GWS and Gold Coast) have a level playing field?

Cap our selections at 1 per year, and the others go into the central draft pool?

I'm more than happy to have the Swans and Lions academy's repealed or their selections coming at a bigger cost - these clubs have history on their side. They have access to father/sons.

As for the 2 plastic franchises, we have to have something.

Or is that asking too much?

Also, more than happy to not have Riverina in our zone. Canberra we should concentrate more on. And Penrtih and Parramatta etc.

There are areas that aren't footy strongholds yet where we can try and develop the next Heeney.

Maybe we can look at a situation in the future, when we are eligible for a father/son where we still fund the academy but have no priority to signing the kids?

And the kids that get drafted by other clubs somehow affect our draft position in a positive way wether it be the year after or that current year...???

I can summarise the preceeding 10 pages for you:

Hawks supporters: Sydney keep trying to take advantage of bullshit rules despite already being a powerhouse
Sydney supporters: No we aren't, you guys are just jealous

I can summarise the preceeding 10 pages for you:

Hawks supporters: Sydney keep trying to take advantage of bullshit rules despite already being a powerhouse
Sydney supporters: No we aren't, you guys are just jealous
It's not fair the Swans get an academy and father/sons.

That's a double dip even Joe Hockey would be embarrassed to claim.

Hawthorn has sensationally declared it will walk away from the AFL's chief equalisation measure if the northern-based clubs are allowed to exclusively access future draft picks this season – a measure that is being considered.

Read more: http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...afl-revenue-share-scheme-20150622-ghug6f.html

The dilution is a total stuff up anyway.

Any further chopping and changing to give advantage to Suns GWS Swans and Lions , never !

Damn the AFL and their TV MONEY , AND THEIR HOPELESS WESTERN SYDNEY REGION, POPULATION PIPE DREAMS!!!!!!

Let them swim the same river as everyone else.

There is only one issue for mine. Off field equalisation is fine in my opinion. The Hawks are very lucky in so many ways and it has to be shared IMO. Clubs like the dogs/saints/norf, all northern interstate clubs would simply cease to exist without off field help and that is no good for anyone.

What the AFL does not and can see however is you cannot manage outcomes on field. You cannot manufacture success onfield. And worse, you cannot manage success onfield only for those clubs who you favour, namely and in order, Sydney, GWS, Gold Coast, Brisbane.

The AFL has been doing this for decades. Barrassi to Sydney. Lockett to Sydney. Hall to Sydney. Ablett to Gold Coast. Sheedy to GWS. Franklin to Sydney. It is never ending and that is before you even talk about CoLA, ambassador payments and academies.

Newbold is exactly right. You cannot expect Hawthorn to give up their off field advantage if the AFL are going to continue with on field advantages for other clubs, and in some instances strengthen those advantages.

It is about time this happened and it will be interesting to see how the AFL respond.

Good luck making this fixture worse; Home games - cats, dogs (Tas), melbourne, swans, gold coast (Tas), injectors, freo (tas), tigers, port, lions (tas), carlton :eek: and that is one of the best fixtures the Hawks have had for 5 years :eek::eek::eek:

The AFL can get stuffed, and we'll keep our money!

Hard won rights??? You had the GF played on your 'home' ground!!

If you must insist on betraying your total 'naivete' when it comes to any semblance of understanding the history of the game, then it's probably best to expose said inclination within the safety & confines of your own board.

COLA, scheduling of the prelims, I am sure there is more. Now to paraphrase Sir Swan, f off you are not welcome.

I'm not so sure there is anything. COLA with who??? You had more talent than us by far in that game. Lol, scheduling of prelims, you had the GF played on your home ground!

I'm not so sure there is anything. COLA with who??? You had more talent than us by far in that game. Lol, scheduling of prelims, you had the GF played on your home ground!

1. The Grand Final has always been played on the M.C.G....You have no argument.
2. Swans were handed 2x advantage in receiving the extra days rest/recovery which has always been the right of the team coming first....On top of which, the 'switching over of Pf, meant you played an opposition coming off a 6 day break at the end of a season-long campaign, while we were forced to play a fresher opponent off an 8 day break.

Stop making a complete fool of yourself.

If you must insist on betraying your total 'naivete' when it comes to any semblance of understanding the history of the game, then it's probably best to expose said inclination within the safety & confines of your own board.

Not at all, totally understand the history of the game, it's just a piss poor argument using scheduling of prelims as an excuse IMO when as I mentioned, the game is played on your home ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back