Hawks Trade Table

Remove this Banner Ad

Roughies Boys

Cancelled
Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've got a list of Hawks players that may want to move on or Hawks may look to offload... (Or i would look to offload)

What would you offer for players individually?

Kyle Cheney
Luke Lowden
Mitch Hallahan
Sam Grimley
Matt Suckling
Taylor Duryea
Ryan Schoenmakers
Derick Wanganeen

Please don't get offended by the list.

Of those Grimley is most likely to stay on the list. Duryea and Cheney might look elsewhere due to limited opportunities. Schoenmakers would be traded but look for Hawks to sew up a three way deal with him and a late pick for an early draft pick from Melbourne as they will lose Frawley and be in need of a backman ready made.

We have persevered with Lowden so the football department must see him in future plans. Wanganeen not worth anything on the trade table. Suckling fully fit is our link player kicking into F50 so expect him to stay.
Hallahan is another who might not be worth anything come trade time as he is a mature age player with too few senior games.

Lots of clubs would take Suckling.

I've got a list of Hawks players that may want to move on or Hawks may look to offload... (Or i would look to offload)

What would you offer for players individually?

Mitch Hallahan A swap of second rounders
Matt Suckling A late first rounder

Please don't get offended by the list.

Rumoured they are.

The question would be more - why would he move and be 4th banana at our club, when he can stay and be 4th banana at the Hawks?

We are in desperate need of ruck depth - however whomever we choose would be 4th at best in our ruck division - so the chances would be they'd be playing WAFL all year

Lowden fits us, just not sure we fit him

The question would be more - why would he move and be 4th banana at our club, when he can stay and be 4th banana at the Hawks?

We are in desperate need of ruck depth - however whomever we choose would be 4th at best in our ruck division - so the chances would be they'd be playing WAFL all year

Lowden fits us, just not sure we fit him

Um doubt he's be forth in line. If Eagles interested Simpson rates him higher than your depth.

Um doubt he's be forth in line. If Eagles interested Simpson rates him higher than your depth.

We have Callum Sinclair who may want out given he is now locked in behind NN and Lycett

If Callum stays, Lowden wouldn't be ahead of him

However we simply don't have any other permanent ruckmen. We have a young Mcinness and McGovern who could offer chop-outs.

But three ruckmen and a couple of bits and pieces isn't a ruck division.

As Lowden is on Hawks fringe & Clarkson rates him, & for a ruckman to debut kick three goals, that's pretty decent. He's pretty good a tap rucking. I would put him before Sinclair & next to Lycett.

As Lowden is on Hawks fringe & Clarkson rates him, & for a ruckman to debut kick three goals, that's pretty decent. He's pretty good a tap rucking. I would put him before Sinclair & next to Lycett.

You may, I wouldn't put him anywhere near Lycett

Sinclair quite possibly - probably a different style. Sinclair strikes me a more of a runner, forward who can ruck. Lowden more the genuine ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may, I wouldn't put him anywhere near Lycett

Sinclair quite possibly - probably a different style. Sinclair strikes me a more of a runner, forward who can ruck. Lowden more the genuine ruckman.

Apart from all the differences, do you reckon a trade would contain a draft pick for Lowden swap?

Apart from all the differences, do you reckon a trade would contain a draft pick for Lowden swap?

Token draft pick at best I would have thought from us

However that isn't to say Hawthorn wouldn't find other suitors willing to pony up greater value for Lowden

We only need squad depth, so you don't trade out good picks for squad depth. If Lowden or someone else didn't come along, we could just go to the WAFL/VFL/SANFL and pluck someone out.

The benefit of Lowden of course is he "could" become a quality player as opposed to just snaffling someone like Cam Wood who will always just be depth

I hope the cats would be very interested in Taylor Duryea. Exactly what we need. Doubt the hawks would deal with the cats but suspect they owe us one for giving them Simpkin. Would happily offer a pick about 40 for him either one of our picks or one achieved from trading a cats fringe player. I reckon Cheney could also get a game at another side.

I hope the cats would be very interested in Taylor Duryea. Exactly what we need. Doubt the hawks would deal with the cats but suspect they owe us one for giving them Simpkin. Would happily offer a pick about 40 for him either one of our picks or one achieved from trading a cats fringe player. I reckon Cheney could also get a game at another side.

Lol, for Motlop ;)

I'd have a look at Shoey but prefer a player swap rather than offering a pick in the first two rounds seeing as our second rounder is high.

I'd have a look at Shoey but prefer a player swap rather than offering a pick in the first two rounds seeing as our second rounder is high.

We could take Jack Steven off ya, you could have Schoey & Suckling. Or Montagna could play for a Premiership, but maybe too old.

We could take Jack Steven off ya, you could have Schoey & Suckling. Or Montagna could play for a Premiership, but maybe too old.

I think Joey will be on the trade table. Steven I very much doubt unless elite talent is coming back our way. Unless your club is willing to part with a Breust or Hill type then you wouldn't get a look in with Steven considering your draft position.

I think Joey will be on the trade table. Steven I very much doubt unless elite talent is coming back our way. Unless your club is willing to part with a Breust or Hill type then you wouldn't get a look in with Steven considering your draft position.

We can just wait for 2015 FA ;)

We can just wait for 2015 FA ;)

We would likely get band 1 compo seeing as he's a restricted FA and that would give us another top 5 draft pick assuming we finish bottom few next year. I wouldn't want to lose him but thats a lot better than anything you can or would offer this year.

Perhaps we can do another McEvoy - Savage pick 18 win-win deal?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back