Hawks Trade Table

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Danger has a fair bit to say in all of this. He can nominate a club that he wants to go to and Crows need to way up whether what that club has to offer today is better then what they will get from him leaving next year. Either way Danger will get to the club he wishes to go to whether its for money or success. This is what the players were looking for under FA.

When discussing what picks/players are worthy for a swap for Danger FA working needs to be strongly considered. It benefits the players and works against the employer/clubs.
Do you realise danger is contracted to afc in 2015?

Afc are not going to trade him for hawks fringe players & last 1st rounder!

Do you realise danger is contracted to afc in 2015?

Afc are not going to trade him for hawks fringe players & last 1st rounder!
Although 100% agree with you.

Playing devils advocate would you rather Hawks first pick and Suckling (or similar fringe player) or risk loosing him to free agency and likely only get a tier 2 (at best) compensation? Again stressing I actually agree with you.

Playing devils advocate would you rather Hawks first pick and Suckling (or similar fringe player) or risk loosing him to free agency and likely only get a tier 2 (at best) compensation? Again stressing I actually agree with you.
Why would they only get tier 2??

No interest in suckling & your last 1st round pick.

I would prefer we back in danger staying as frankly what you are offering isn't much different to compensation pick. Ie. Massive unders.

Btw, how is danger not a tier 1 compo pick?

Why would they only get tier 2??
I get the feeling the only way anyone would get tier 1 is if they are a bottom 3 side and lost there best player type scenario. That coming off Hawks not getting tier 1 for Buddy who went on a 9 year 1 million/year contract. The only other option would then be tier 3. If AFC got tier 3 for Dangerfield it would be an outrage.

I get the feeling the only way anyone would get tier 1 is if they are a bottom 3 side and lost there best player type scenario. That coming off Hawks not getting tier 1 for Buddy who went on a 9 year 1 million/year contract. The only other option would then be tier 3. If AFC got tier 3 for Dangerfield it would be an outrage.
Serious?

No interest in suckling & your last 1st round pick.

I would prefer we back in danger staying as frankly what you are offering isn't much different to compensation pick. Ie. Massive unders.

Btw, how is danger not a tier 1 compo pick?
Yea you pretty much said what my thoughts would be. TBH I have heard nothing about him wanting to leave so you would want to back him into staying for a few more years.

Tier 1 see my previous comment (above).

I just think the crows would get decent compo for a Danger
Any compensation for Dangerfield going FA would be well unders. Then going by what the AFL have said previously the awarded compensation would be IMO a tier 2. Do they deserve a tier 2, NO. However that is what they will likely get. The AFL commission will almost certainly block Adelaide from getting a tier 1.

I don't think you understand how the system works. We did get tier 1 for Buddy. It just so happened we finished top of the ladder so our next pick after our first pick was also the end of the first round anyway.

Adelaide would get tier 1 for Dangerfield. A pick after their first pick.

I don't think you understand how the system works. We did get tier 1 for Buddy. It just so happened we finished top of the ladder so our next pick after our first pick was also the end of the first round anyway.

got to love some hawk trade experts
at least there is some sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The system works in that whatever tier is chosen for a free agent can be overwritten by the commission (making the system IMO redundant and why no compensation picks should exist).

How can you possibly think that the compensation for Dangerfield will only be tier 2? That's insanity, wherever he ends up (if he does go) it'll be on a massive long-term contract, and that along with age are the two determinant factors for free agency compensation.

Any compensation for Dangerfield going FA would be well unders. Then going by what the AFL have said previously the awarded compensation would be IMO a tier 2. Do they deserve a tier 2, NO. However that is what they will likely get. The AFL commission will almost certainly block Adelaide from getting a tier 1.
Yes I understand fa pays unders but if danger is nit tier 1, then basically no player is tier 1! Since when does the commission start playing with the rules retrospectively...

Any way, danger is not going anywhere!

Danger was meeting Clarko at our facilities to discuss the training schedule for the international rules week of course... I mean what could they have possibly been talking about?

The system works in that whatever tier is chosen for a free agent can be overwritten by the commission (making the system IMO redundant and why no compensation picks should exist).
If Danger gets offered a contract even on the lower end of what is estimated he would then he will get Adelaide tier 1 compensation. There's no reason the AFL would then come in and lower that. Just like Franklin he is worth multiple top 5 picks. If anything they should be increasing it. But current form from the Franklin compo suggests they won't.

Danger was meeting Clarko at our facilities to discuss the training schedule for the international rules week of course... I mean what could they have possibly been talking about?
It was nice of Clarko to let him inside the Ricoh Centre....must've needed to use the toilet. Definitely wouldn't have been giving him a tour. ;)

Remember Judd when he moved also had OP and shoulder issues, while Kennedy was a pick #4 with two years in the system who looked just fine. But nah, pick 18, a fringe player and a bag of chips should suffice.
That's not what I'm saying though.

For example, Adelaide still have sexy eyes for Tim O'Brien(young CHF). Who's to say Hawthorn don't offload a player with our first(like a Birchall type with currency) to upgrade that pick. Then give that pick to Adelaide with Tim O'Brien and a swap of 3rd and 4th round picks .

Again, just musing. I was simply saying Hawthorn wouldn't need to trade out 3 players and a pick to Adelaide in order to make them happy.

Oh btw, I know this is off topic, but congrats on the flag, I was cheerin for ya and I bet £50 on Hawthorn, and as I am sure you all know, it paid out :D
Hope to see ya in the grand final next year vs us hopefully, that would be epic.

I hope so too. I love the way Port plays footy. Probably the best team we played this year.

Clarko coming to coach the Crows. Danger was letting him know the reasons he got the last guy fired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back