Hawks Trade Table

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I don't think they will let Grimley and Lowden go. Perhaps one of them. If nobody chases Lowden via trade I say he resigns with the Hawks. If you go into the draft, there is no certainty as to where he might end up. Unless of course he has an agreement with a club who has one of the higher picks in the PSD.

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
With Cheney, if he came to the footy club and told them that he has an opportunity to go elsewhere where he'll have an opportunity to play regularly, I find it hard to believe that Hawthorn would stand in his way. As long as they were compensated fairly, I think they would let him go given the service he has given to the club.
As for Shoenmakers, if they were offered a 3rd rd pick or better, I'd take it and run as fast as possible in the opposite direction, not answer the phone for a few days and close all the curtains to ensure that you nobody changes their mind :p

dermott

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
Portsea
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
With Cheney, if he came to the footy club and told them that he has an opportunity to go elsewhere where he'll have an opportunity to play regularly, I find it hard to believe that Hawthorn would stand in his way. As long as they were compensated fairly, I think they would let him go given the service he has given to the club.
As for Shoenmakers, if they were offered a 3rd rd pick or better, I'd take it and run as fast as possible in the opposite direction, not answer the phone for a few days and close all the curtains to ensure that you nobody changes their mind :p

The Hawks would not trade Schoenmakers for a third round pick. However if they got an offer around late teens/ early twenties they may consider it.
However he is contracted and must agree to the trade.

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
The Hawks would not trade Schoenmakers for a third round pick. However if they got an offer around late teens/ early twenties they may consider it.
However he is contracted and must agree to the trade.
I agree on the 2nd part of your post, he would have to agree to any trade.
But as for the 1st part, there isn't a team playing 4th grade amateurs that would give up a 1st rd pick for a key position defender who struggles one on one and isn't in his teams best 22, let alone a team in the AFL.
And IMO, Hawks brass would jump at a 3rd rd pick

I don't think they will let Grimley and Lowden go. Perhaps one of them. If nobody chases Lowden via trade I say he resigns with the Hawks. If you go into the draft, there is no certainty as to where he might end up. Unless of course he has an agreement with a club who has one of the higher picks in the PSD.

They will absolutely let Grimley go. Lowden will look at other opportunities but may stay if circumstances dictate.

SEN reported that Cooney for Shoenmakers is a possibility.
Sounds like BS.

Sure does.

Jun 23, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
La Lakers
SEN reported that Cooney for Shoenmakers is a possibility.
Sounds like BS.

Would hope not and it doesn't make much sense. We have to delist/trade 3 more players, which is difficult enough, don't think we'll be wanting to get rid of 4 by bringing in Cooney.

They will absolutely let Grimley go. Lowden will look at other opportunities but may stay if circumstances dictate.

We're keen on Lowden, although we don't have much in the way of trade chips apart from picks after 50 or possibly someone like Steinberg or Hardingham who you likely wouldn't want.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
We're keen on Lowden, although we don't have much in the way of trade chips apart from picks after 50 or possibly someone like Steinberg or Hardingham who you likely wouldn't want.
I actually wouldnt mind hardingham. But yeah doubt we would want anything your willing to give in exchange for a second string ruckman to pad depth. May get moe if you lose ryder but thats still in the air

Grimley would go cheap but be ready to marvel at his ability to pull off the impossible and struggle with the basics

Last edited:

ObieWan

All Australian
Sep 14, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lowds mate you couldn't have picked a worse club. Don't have any picks we'd be interested in and they're pricks at the table. Can see the offer legitimately being Ricky Dyson + third third.

14f.jpg

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

He is the best tap ruckman on our list and the most athletic, he will be a great get for the club that picks him up. He is ready to burst I reckon.

cdcanman

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Lowds mate you couldn't have picked a worse club. Don't have any picks we'd be interested in and they're pricks at the table. Can see the offer legitimately being Ricky Dyson + third third.

14f.jpg
Gee The Chief looks good, has he lost weight?

14f.jpg

Dude, we gave you a first rounder for a bung kneed Mark Williams.

Difficult? Or just going off media ****wittery?

I actually wouldnt mind hardingham. But yeah doubt we would want anything your willing to give in exchange for a second string ruckman to pad depth. May get moe if you lose ryder but thats still in the air

Grimley would go cheap but be ready to marvel at his ability to pull off the impossible and struggle with the basics

Problem is that all the players we want to keep are locked up and contracted, and the 4 that aren't hold little value except KH, I actually reckon he could do a job somewhere.

52 would be on the table without issue unless we want to package it up with Ryder, and if we can get him to want to come our way could potentially, and hopefully get the deal done.

That trade wasn't all bad, you got rid of Jay Nash don't forget.
You got yourself a now Hawk 2 time premiership player from our pick;)

We haven't been difficult at the trade table since Sheeds asked for a top 15 pick for a 30yr old Jason Johnson. The general media are just too ******* stupid to research things and the public lap it up as gospel.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Dude, we gave you a first rounder for a bung kneed Mark Williams.

Difficult? Or just going off media ****wittery?
Ended up being the worst trade ever for you guys

Great played, Suffered a pretty bad ankle injury which ruined his year, lost the fitness base and couldn't gain it back due to his horrible knee's, Lost about 9 kilos in an attempt to put less strain on the knee but couldn't compete at under 80 kilos.

Back