Hawks Trade Table

Remove this Banner Ad

We need another elite mid to transition into the middle as Mitchell continues to transition out. Cooney doesn't fit that role. Now do any number of names being floated.

We need a 20-24yr old with improvement to come, or we hit the early part of the draft by upgrading our first with some trading.

why? we have that with the likes of sheils, langford, woodward etc. all have potential to play in the sam mitchell role.

dangerfield and cotchin are 24/25 and already elite. pay the big bucks, get one of these guys and our window stays open whilst the above players develop.

What would Carlton need to give up to get Shoenmakers?? Any chance Mitch Robinson or Jeff Garlett might get the job done?

What would Carlton need to give up to get Shoenmakers?? Any chance Mitch Robinson or Jeff Garlett might get the job done?
I wouldn't think so. Garlett wouldn't interest us and Robinson has too much of an off field reputation for our liking I think. I wouldn't mind Dylan Buckley personally but we would want more than that for Schoenmakers

I don't mind Duryea. Our third rounder is probably unders from Hawks poster's pov but our second is overs.
Yea I wouldn't take either for him. Has something a lot of small defenders don't in a good leap and he hits hard. I like him a lot

Most Hawthorn supporters agree with you. Would make a great high forward but we can't see any improvement in him as a backman.
He can however go back if needed but not a natural position for him.

If Carlisle does in fact want to leave, what trade including Shoenmakers would work for the bombers?

What ! Trade ! I thought Carlisle came to the Hawks free of charge.

Apparently there was a pic on facebook of Ryder and Carlisle having breakfast. Maybe they were discussing their new clubs.

We need another elite mid to transition into the middle as Mitchell continues to transition out. Cooney doesn't fit that role. Now do any number of names being floated.

We need a 20-24yr old with improvement to come, or we hit the early part of the draft by upgrading our first with some trading.

Saints and Hawks have a good trading relationship, so what would you give us for Armitage? Or (less likely) Steven?

Saints and Hawks have a good trading relationship, so what would you give us for Armitage? Or (less likely) Steven?
I don't know if we would be into Armitage. Steven as much as we'd love him you gotta give up quality to get quality (and he is quality) and the Saints might ask for more than we can afford to give.

I don't know if we would be into Armitage. Steven as much as we'd love him you gotta give up quality to get quality (and he is quality) and the Saints might ask for more than we can afford to give.

The McEvoy deal got done, maybe this one could as well? Obvious first cut is your round 1 (18ish) in a straight swap. Not enough though. Maybe your 18 + Grimley or Lowden (whichever one is the forward)?

The McEvoy deal got done, maybe this one could as well? Obvious first cut is your round 1 (18ish) in a straight swap. Not enough though. Maybe your 18 + Grimley or Lowden (whichever one is the forward)?
Grimley is the forward - and personally I'd go for this in a heartbeat. I think the Saints would still want more for Steven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would do that any day of the week.

He's a line breaker that CAN use the footy , also knows where the goals are!
....I know he's shown nothing while at Melb and I get why people will raise an eye brow but this kid in the right environment could be very much like Zaharakis .
Oh and I get he's lazy .....but a strong leadership group would sort that, something the Dee's just don't have .

Last edited:
What ! Trade ! I thought Carlisle came to the Hawks free of charge.

Apparently there was a pic on facebook of Ryder and Carlisle having breakfast. Maybe they were discussing their new clubs.
Yeah but we run the risk of being labelled 'unethical'...by Essendon...lol.

....I know he's shown nothing while at Melb and I get why people will raise an eye brow but this kid in the right environment could be very much like Zaharakis .
Oh and I get he's lazy .....but a strong leadership group would sort that, something the Dee's just don't have .
I don't exactly think he is that lazy, more the fact that he runs so hard forward and then Melbourne stuff up and he is too far forward of the ball to get back defensively in time. Not to much his willingness to get back but the fact that a Melbourne turnover moves too quick the opposite way. At a club like us he would thrive I would think (if he gets over his injuries) because he would have more time to work defensively.

I don't exactly think he is that lazy, more the fact that he runs so hard forward and then Melbourne stuff up and he is too far forward of the ball to get back defensively in time. Not to much his willingness to get back but the fact that a Melbourne turnover moves too quick the opposite way. At a club like us he would thrive I would think (if he gets over his injuries) because he would have more time to work defensively.
Which injuries? He had a full season (in the VFL)

In that, you should draft Dayle Garlett who would prosper at the Hawks...

The right club would be better served by chasing Robinson, Jeffy Garlett and Kane Lucas ahead of Blease.

In that, you should draft Dayle Garlett who would prosper at the Hawks...

The right club would be better served by chasing Robinson, Jeffy Garlett and Kane Lucas ahead of Blease.
Your opion ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back