Autopsy Hawks v Dockheads : Pull it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with a lot or points you've raised but with all due respect we've just lost a game in Perth by 3 goals, in a game they had to win to solidify their position in the top 4, balancing 3 games in 12 days and without our MVP from a team structure POV

Lets save the sweeping statements for the Cats game. Win that and this game is completely meaningless

As long as you are referring to the cats game in the QFINAL then I might agree. We coul lose this week and still win flag, we have a few players and plays to get up to speed.

Just need to win 1 of next 2 and get a full fit list happening!!

Off track a bit but for those millions who've had a gutful of Dwayne Russell, Healy, Harley et al and would prefer in-sync radio broadcast, I've been playing with some software called Audio Delay from Fountain Computer http://www.fountainware.com/Products/AudioDelay/index.htm. It's working really well delaying live radio tonight so I can't wait to try it on Friday night. You need a PC or laptop with audio input to take your radio signal and delay it and its easy enough to output it back to your stereo system if needed. Happy to take PMs for more info.

For good reason too. It's part of what makes us hawthorn, like centerlink for collingwood, corruption for Carlton, ninth for Richmond etc

And Cola for $hitney and so on.........

Yeah fug crying to the AFL about their umpire f-ups. Its a given that their going to keep happening.

Lets just get on and win another flag.

It's days like this that make me appreciate barracking for Hawthorn. IE there are certainly no "grand old flag"s being waved at Melbourne presently.

Impressed with TOB goal assists in the 2nd quarter. Very quick thinker. Another preseason under his belt and he'll be right to go next year.

Off track a bit but for those millions who've had a gutful of Dwayne Russell, Healy, Harley et al and would prefer in-sync radio broadcast, I've been playing with some software called Audio Delay from Fountain Computer http://www.fountainware.com/Products/AudioDelay/index.htm. It's working really well delaying live radio tonight so I can't wait to try it on Friday night. You need a PC or laptop with audio input to take your radio signal and delay it and its easy enough to output it back to your stereo system if needed. Happy to take PMs for more info.

I'd prefer to listen to a pack of stoats having an orgy than the dribblings of Dwayne and co.

I thought it polite to answer the gentleman's question.
Completely understandable that you want to stand up for Fyfe but the reality is there was no need to take a swipe way off the ball so he pays for it. I actually am sure that he is extremely lucky to be getting off the Langford incident..the footage I've seen shows definitely that Fyfe basically punched Langford in the face!! There is no need for him to act like that considering he is such an awesome player, and is one of the toughest clearance players in the league! Anyway a two week rest up before the finals isn't such a bad thing as he has no chance of getting injured.

Completely understandable that you want to stand up for Fyfe but the reality is there was no need to take a swipe way off the ball so he pays for it. I actually am sure that he is extremely lucky to be getting off the Langford incident..the footage I've seen shows definitely that Fyfe basically punched Langford in the face!! There is no need for him to act like that considering he is such an awesome player, and is one of the toughest clearance players in the league! Anyway a two week rest up before the finals isn't such a bad thing as he has no chance of getting injured.

If that Langford incident is how you say then clearly the AFL is protecting Fyfe. They don't want him missing finals.

They incident has not been shown anywhere at all, ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that Langford incident is how you say then clearly the AFL is protecting Fyfe. They don't want him missing finals.

It has been shown on 360 as well tonight and even Robbo and Gerard laughed about it and said that the MRP let that one slip by because of the previous incident!! Amazing isn't it?? Even the media can't hide the crap that's going on with the whole system ATM! The Langers hit was wait for it...............90 meters off the ball FfS!!! An absolute balls up by the MRP.

It has been shown on 360 as well tonight and even Robbo and Gerard laughed about it and said that the MRP let that one slip by because of the previous incident!! Amazing isn't it?? Even the media can't hide the crap that's going on with the whole system ATM! The Langers hit was wait for it...............90 meters off the ball FfS!!! An absolute balls up by the MRP.
His old man is on the commission. Must have gone against the flow on the essendon scandal and the family are paying for it. Will was thumped by Hawkins earlier in the year and that was ignored.

It's days like this that make me appreciate barracking for Hawthorn. IE there are certainly no "grand old flag"s being waved at Melbourne presently.

Whenever I feel sad about the loss on the weekend, I think to myself at least we don't have Paul Roos coaching us, and then I get all chirpy again.

As for Fyfe, he's been clipping ppl for the past couple of weeks, straight after bookmakers announced he was still in contention for accumulating the most Brownlow votes. It may just be possible he's giving himself a small holiday to allow others to catch him on votes, coz he'd be devastated if he had the most come Brownlow night.

We had two incidents last week (Suban getting punched in the face by Varcoe and Johnson kicking Neale in the head) which were either not looked at or deemed insufficient force.

Cheers. Never seen Fyfe has riled up as he was in the first quarter. Tim Gossage on 6PR here in WA suggested that Hawthorn players were deliberately targeting Fyfe's shoulder and maybe that pushed his buttons. Not an excuse but perhaps a reason as it was very un-Fyfe like.

We had two incidents last week (Suban getting punched in the face by Varcoe and Johnson kicking Neale in the head) which were either not looked at or deemed insufficient force.

At least they got looked at - even a couple of the footy shows are bemused that no mention has been made of the contact

Contact between the Geelong Cats’ Steve Johnson and Fremantle’s Lachie Neale from the first quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. It was the view of the panel the force used was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

Contact between the Geelong Cats’ Travis Varcoe and Fremantle’s Nick Suban, as well as contact between Suban and Varcoe, from the third quarter for Saturday’s match was assessed. In each instance, it was the view of the panel the force used was below that required to constitute a reportable offence.

- See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-11/mrp-full-statement-round-20#sthash.U2lF0K0Y.dpuf

At least they got looked at - even a couple of the footy shows are bemused that no mention has been made of the contact

Contact between the Geelong Cats’ Steve Johnson and Fremantle’s Lachie Neale from the first quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. It was the view of the panel the force used was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

Contact between the Geelong Cats’ Travis Varcoe and Fremantle’s Nick Suban, as well as contact between Suban and Varcoe, from the third quarter for Saturday’s match was assessed. In each instance, it was the view of the panel the force used was below that required to constitute a reportable offence.

- See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-11/mrp-full-statement-round-20#sthash.U2lF0K0Y.dpuf

Seems that "insufficient force" is the get out of jail free card for some players by the MRP this year.

Cheers. Never seen Fyfe has riled up as he was in the first quarter. Tim Gossage on 6PR here in WA suggested that Hawthorn players were deliberately targeting Fyfe's shoulder and maybe that pushed his buttons. Not an excuse but perhaps a reason as it was very un-Fyfe like.

Considering how early in the game the incident occurred I would say gossage is clutching at straws

Yeah but you support Freo not Geelong or $wans.

And at least their was discussion about the incidents you mentioned. Where as Fyfe's 2nd hit has been conveniently swept under the carpet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back