Preview Hawks v Pusscats : Changes and predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting listening to Chris Sc:eek:tt (see what I did there?;)) on 3aw last night. He basically said they'll hold a few things back, tactically I assume, due to the fact that it's likely they'll face us again in September.

I wonder if we'll do the same.

He means they wont be using their full repertoire of staging, ducking and diving plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly right, the media have already started promoting Hawks v Geelong first week of the finals, we need to win one more game. I would much rather win this week, we owe the Cats big time, they are going to be undermanned with Murdoch and Stevie J out, golden opportunity to beat them, then the following week we can do what we like to prepare best for our first final, without desperately needing to win to avoid having to travel to Sydney first week of the finals. Pies will most likely still be playing for a finals spot on the Friday night, so they will have a lot to play for.

Also 2 wins will give us 2nd and maybe a favorable 1st week of the finals schedule, maybe a Friday night v Cats with them coming of a 6 day break to our 7. Little things like that can count for a lot.

In: Rough, Sewell, Litherland, Spangher

Out: O'Brien, Suckling (inj), Schoemakers, Dureya

Would be tempted to give Ceglar a run too, but 5 chances might be a bit to many.

O'Brien was good I thought, but obviously makes way for Rough

Suckling unless 100% shouldn't be risked and I think we need to get Sewell a couple of games in the seniors if we consider him part of our best 22

Dureya is a bit unlucky, but I think Litherland is our best small defender at actually defending, and Geelong have several small forwards for him to potentially cover.

I feel Spangher is ahead of Schoemakers if fit, Schoemakers wasn't our worst last week, but I just don't think he is offering us much at the moment, not kicking goals up forward and Gibbo, Lake and Spangher should have their tall forwards covered, so not needed in defence.

I Agree with all this... Even I thought that T Obrien showed glimpses that his definitely going to be a very good future player.
But Lake has to lift his game.... I reckon that Spangher has been in better form, and definitely has shown ability as a player on every level, then both Shoenmakers and Lake in defence this year. But we know what Lake is capable off..
If he can produce anything near what he did on GF day we will win and win by plenty against the Cats.

If we want to beat them badly enough we will but if we go half hearted we won't and they know that. Full bore from e off for me, hard body football and no thinking about September otherwise we can enter the final 1-2 at best and that is not a good platform.

Need Burgers centre to forward for the majority and Sammy in the middle. Need to have Hodge floating to read the rebounds and trust Birchall to load our attacks from wide.

Hawks by 20

He never played in a winning team.

Got to have Brett O'farrell.

Apparently, he was our destiny...
1999_AFL_Select_Premiere_Destiny_Signature_Card_DR-08_Brett_O_Farrell_Hawthorn__Hawks.jpg

B: Gibson Lake Stratton
HB: Hodge Shoenmakers Litherland
M: Smith Mitchell Birchall
HF: Spangher Roughead Hill
F: Puopolo Gunston Breust
R: McEvoy Lewis Langford

Int: Ceglar Shiels Burgoyne
Sub: Simpkin

Roles
Lake to Porkins
Langford to Duckwood
Hill as small forward