Hawks v Sydney Round 18: Grand Final Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a lot of Hawk love out there, but I'm not particularly confident about this match.

A Hawk fan with a warped take on reality.

Spangher's greatest claim to fame is his appearance rather than his footballing ability.
Completely moronic to carry on like he is GAS incarnate.
Get a grip.

they're a funny lot :p
Wait till Hallahan gets de-listed end of the year, a bloke they raved on about all because of winning the Liston medal in the VFL.

Cometh the hour cometh the man

SPANGHER%20Matt.png

If a Hawks or Swans supporter says they are confident about this match then they are either a liar or an idiot.

Why shouldn't either supporter base be confident?
Both teams are freakin' awesome.
Should be a cracker but I am confident the Swans will put the Hawks to the sword.

Wait till Hallahan gets de-listed end of the year, a bloke they raved on about all because of winning the Liston medal in the VFL.

No, Hallahan is ordinary. And I won't be sorry to see the back of him.

But, to insinuate that Spangher hasn't played any good football for Hawthorn this season is just plain moronic. He is in the side at the moment on merit. His form makes it very hard to drop him, even if Lake and Gibson are both available. Spangher is putting together a more the decent season.

Ergo, the guy that has decided to target Spangher as though this is a Bay 13 thread is, as I stated above, a moron.

That's rich coming from the bloke who predicted Gunston wouldn't even kick over 40 goals this year and that he'd struggle to have any impact as the second key forward. How's that working out so far? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, Hallahan is ordinary. And I won't be sorry to see the back of him.

But, to insinuate that Spangher hasn't played any good football for Hawthorn this season is just plain moronic. He is in the side at the moment on merit. His form makes it very hard to drop him, even if Lake and Gibson are both available. Spangher is putting together a more the decent season.

Ergo, the guy that has decided to target Spangher as though this is a Bay 13 thread is, as I stated above, a moron.

40ish games at 3 clubs in 7 years is a fair indication of his ability.
He will have negligible impact on the result, just like the majority of his other 40ish games.

Conveniently saying this just as you delete or edit out the evidence :D

Oh I see. I didn't say it but now in your attempts to troll, you have resorted to excuses correct?
I have probably said Gunston would struggle now that Franklin pissed off but I doubt I'd say he wouldn't slot 40 goals given he's already kicked that a couple times in his career.

(I even had Vardy down to kick 40 and he's not a permanent forward)

Oh I see. I didn't say it but now in your attempts to troll, you have resorted to excuses correct?
I have probably said Gunston would struggle now that Franklin pissed off but I doubt I'd say he wouldn't slot 40 goals given he's already kicked that a couple times in his career.

(I even had Vardy down to kick 40 and he's not a permanent forward)

I was having a laugh not entirely serious :thumbsdown:

He will have negligible impact on the result, just like the majority of his other 40ish games.

Nice try fella but why don't you address your rather moronic comment that Spangher plays one good game a year instead of deflecting from your ignorance?

His last half dozen or so games for Hawthorn have been very good.

If a Hawks or Swans supporter says they are confident about this match then they are either a liar or an idiot.

Being confident doesn't mean arrogance, lying or idiocy. I'm sure all the players from each team are confident of winning. Not everyone is a pessimist.

Why wouldn't both sides be confident of winning. One is the reigning premier, 3rd on the ladder, had a 3-0 record against the other last year and are playing quite well. The other is on top of the ladder, has won 12 in a row and beat the other in their earlier clash this year. The players would believe in themselves so why can't supporters.

So it's round 18 & finally the AFL Swans have to front up to a top 6 team outside of Sydney....Stone the Crows, how could the AFL Admin lapse like this by not giving over every possible convenient advantage to their coveted Sydney franchise for an entire season?....Yep, sarcasm overload for a patently & absurdly lop-sided script for a top2 guaranteed place...Equalisation='Afl Doublespeak'!....This comp has become a an AFL manipulated joke!

FWIW....HAWKS by PLENTY!

Or a reflection on his durability. He achieved the same "cult status" amongst Sydney fans as he seems to amongst Hawks fans. He's not the most polished player going around but there's something very appealing about the way he goes about things. His issue at Sydney was that injuries prevented him stringing together enough footy to really make a mark. He'd work his way into the senior team, only to pick up a niggle, and then when he returned and put a few good reserves games together, he'd get injured again.

He seems to have been similarly plagued since he got to the Hawks - maybe to a lesser degree - but it's good to see him able to string together some consecutive games this year and play good footy, even if it is for Hawthorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back