Autopsy Hawks vs Buddy Boy and the COLA kids

Remove this Banner Ad

I
The Sydney tackler knocked Hill around the hip/thigh causing him to fall and he barely had one hand on Hill when they actually ended up on the ground. The tackle didn't stick hence it wasn't paid and Hill had the opportunity to get a handball out. If they'd been quicker to wrap him back up he would've been pinged immediately. Wasn't a trip and wasn't a good enough tackle to be paid HTB. Right decision by the umpire and I doubt the thought process was let that go for a free they didn't pay a little earlier. If they noticed there was a free they should've paid at the time they would've just paid it at the time. They would've simply missed it like they do plenty of others.

I thought malceski grabbed Hill on his right ankle as he was falling down causing the trip.
Would be able to tell you for sure if the game was broadcast in HD but alas it is not....

I

I thought malceski grabbed Hill on his right ankle as he was falling down causing the trip.
Would be able to tell you for sure if the game was broadcast in HD but alas it is not....

Yep.
And a message for our northern friends: Billy Slater would have been happy with that tackle. It was a perfectly executed grab around the legs to bring Hill down just before the try line. A great cover tackle.

Wrong game, though.

Schoey is long term and short term a worry, he continently looks for the body rather than worrying about the footy. On another night Tippet kicks those that he misses and the 2 goals turn into 4-5 and we get rolled HOWEVER.... To the guys credit, in the 2nd half he improved 10 fold, he spoiled well and was clear in his decision making. A clear step forward for him in the 2nd half, the negative is that Schoey needs another 3-4 steps forward to be a reliable defender.

It will be brilliant to get Lakey back against the Dees, he can go and man Dawes and get some match fitness in prep for Freo/Geel and Collongwood. We need Lakey to be up and about and on his game against Hawkins, literally we stop him and we brain the handbaggers.

Sydneys goal kicking efficiency was just about on their average

In fact we won because out goalkicking efficiency was slightly better

The coaches votes are in...

The votes: Hawthorn v Sydney Swans
10 Jordan Lewis (Haw)
7 Jarryd Roughead (Haw)
4 Sam Mitchell (Haw)
3 Ben McGlynn (Syd)
2 Luke Hodge (Haw)
2 Paul Puopolo (Haw)
1 Dane Rampe (Syd)
1 Isaac Smith (Haw)

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2014-07-29/lewis-nabs-perfect-10-as-hawks-dominate-the-votes

There's a number of possible permutations as to how Clarkson and Longmire voted, but I think this one is possible.

Code:
 Clarkson         Longmire
---------------------------
 Lewis      5      Lewis
 Mitchell   4      Roughead
 Roughead   3      McGlynn
 Puopolo    2      Hodge
 Smith      1      Rampe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the major causes of concrete problems at the maracana was urine ingress.

When i went there over 20 years ago was below the drip line from the front of the tier above

Hello i thought its raining but the sky is clear blue........euuuuuu
Those seats command a premium in Germany.

Sydneys goal kicking efficiency was just about on their average

In fact we won because out goalkicking efficiency was slightly better
Just as well as our efficiency going forward seemed slightly off for long patches. Swans defenders took a heap of intercept marks.

Was fantastic to watch the game live. Still buzzing. About to board a flight back to sydney and left my hawks scarf in the checked-in luggage. Doh. Anyway ill wear it to work tomorrow.

Just watched the replay. Still got excited. Poppy's jets = awesome haha
Great piece of play ruined by some laughably poor commentary...

"Here's Puopolo! And he says 'You're Laidler, and I'm PUOPOLOOO!'"

Why would he say that BT?

Just too poor a commentator to come up with something legitimate to say so resorts to his crutch call. Not even a "boy oh boy!" or "wow-wee!"

Really liking Isaac Smith's growing confidence around goals.

Will be integral come finals, particularly the spot up option around 50.

I actually prefer him shooting from outside 50 than inside

You need to get a grip brother.

Your entire view is being clouded by the tears - dont worry, we've all had them, but talking absolute rubbish like this doesnt help.

Dont worry, I nearly fainted numerous times on Sat night from the sheer volume of booing - my head and throat STILL hurt, but that doesnt mean i wont remember everything he did at the club - all 500 odd goals. Saying 2008 was all he did with us and that he was selfish is absolute tripe and you know it... bags of nines against the Dons ... thirteeeeeeeeen ... the hooker chase ... the collingwood leap frog ... 2007 Crows final ... do i really need to go on ?

Hate him as much as you like for being a traitor, but get a grip of the bulldust, and talking about the twitter fiasco? really? oh please.

Its funny how everyone here wouldnt have an issue if he went to GWS because they know he wouldnt win anything there, what he did just tells me how much of a winner he is - because football success was still a priority - and we all wouldnt take the money offer at a higher paying job wouldnt we.

Morale sapping to his team ??? I mean i dont know where to start with that one.

Doesn't matter at all to me where he went......just that he went.....and how he went.

They are the two issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back