Autopsy Hawks vs Dogs - Hodgey took it apart out there, you can take it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice Blog dude, I agree 100% I'm loving watching Ceglar.
His willingness to contest and actually take contested grabs this year has been a step above.
Thanks mate - glad you liked it.

Yeah his contested marking has improved for sure this year. He just looks so confident out there this year...

Hale will have his work cut out getting back in the team at this rate.

Round 3 - AFLCA

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs
10 Hodge (Haw)
8 Roughead (Haw)
5 Birchall (Haw)
3 Lewis (Haw)
2 Duryea (Haw)
2 Lake (Haw)
Clarko:
5. Hodge
4. Roughead
3. Birchall
2. Duryea
1. Lake

Bevo:
5. Hodge
4. Roughead
3. Lewis
2. Birchall
1. Lake

(my guess)

Doc's position has been a bit tenuous the last 2 weeks but surely he stays in this week?
Was in the coaches votes and I thought he was very good too. Ball use and decision making was clean and quick, tackled hard and took a few contested marks in defense going back with it. Suckling is the one who should be worried.

He was fantastic in the finals series but then looked ordinary so far this year. This was a return to his best. At full strength it's a tough backline to get in to, but on that form I hope there is a spot for him.

So Clarko rated Lake's game over both Lewis and Smith.
Not necessarily. Bevo might have given Lake the 2 and each of him and Clarko given Duryea 1.

Lake took 12 marks for the game which was the equivalent of 20% of what the Bulldogs entire team took for the game, and he laid Boyd out with a huge bump that he could've got weeks for if he didn't use his good Brian brain - we desperately need over the next couple weeks. Pretty good result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc's position has been a bit tenuous the last 2 weeks but surely he stays in this week?

29 disposals, 11 marks (3 contested) he ain't going anywhere. In my opinion that was one of the best games he's played in his career so far.

I thought Duryea's breakout game was away to Port Adelaide when the injuries were biting last year. Was hard and tough - not the most skilful but stood up when required.

Agree to a point- the Port game showed he can mix it. Sunday showed he could excel. Hoping he backs it up this week.

Form this year had been a bit up and down but clearly a good game by the kid.

Sometimes he can make the odd mistake here and there but the 'defensive side' of his game is quite good. His strength in the 1:1 marking contests, as well as his spoiling ability is fantastic. Rarely does he lose those.

29 disposals, 11 marks (3 contested) he ain't going anywhere. In my opinion that was one of the best games he's played in his career so far.

Agreed.

I didn't like his first two but thought he was excellent on the weekend.

Always helps when we're smashing someone though.

Bigger test this week and this is where his development should be measured, not against the half strength dogs.

Not sure what all the debate about Doc is over TBH....Kid has been good all year, including the practice games....Usually takes 50 games or so, to ascertain whether or not a bloke will make it....His continued improvement shows that Doc is here to stay.

He's proved me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back