Autopsy Hawks vs Eagles Grand Final - We take our thirteenth flag!!!! The Threepeat is ours

Remove this Banner Ad

I like what Sam Mitchell's wife said. That that morning he was telling his kids that he'll take them on the ground again after they win the game. And she said to him "but you might not" and he turned and said "we will."

Some call it cockiness. I think it's just confidence that as a group and individually they've been able to back it up with actions repeatedly.
I'd be worried if they didn't think they were going to win
ok i am not sure anyone mentioned this already but burgoyne in the room after the game. To Quote

"We waited two years for Sydney..."
"We only had to wait two weeks for WCE. We were dirty on ourselves.. gut wrenching loss in the west..."

As i said prior to both the 2014 and 2015.

REDEMPTION
Lets hope they still think the "job" isn't done.

Roughies "....na I'm lucky mate.." when Ling tried to swing it onto how he overcame his skin cancer scare says everything you need to know about the group, imo.

So can you confirm everything is fine with the new batch? Is the sound for C7 okay in the first quarter as well do you know? It was also a problem.
Nah sorry mate I can't confirm. I decided not to buy as since that day I was intending to buy the GF I have learned of the ultimate pack (with Blu Ray) so I'm just surviving on my IQ copy of the finals for now till I buy that set.

Hopefully that set has the updated versions.

I like what Sam Mitchell's wife said. That that morning he was telling his kids that he'll take them on the ground again after they win the game. And she said to him "but you might not" and he turned and said "we will."

Some call it cockiness. I think it's just confidence that as a group and individually they've been able to back it up with actions repeatedly.

Where did you hear that?

Another little Gem in the pre-game with sandy piggy, lynch and derm talking about derm's favourtie moments in the grand final and they showed some footage of 1988 grand final. Sandy then goes on to ask derm when he thought they had the game won. Derm's answer after the toss.

Gotta love Derm

Channel 7 post game interviews on the ground. Clip is on youtube some where.

I remember seeing that and having similar thoughts to you.

It was just matter of fact wasn't it, I mean he's speaking to his own family, it's not about being bullish in the media, or even to teammates, just very truthful.

Wife is worried that he's making a promise to his kids that he cant possibly guarantee and he has no doubts whatsoever.

Another little Gem in the pre-game with sandy piggy, lynch and derm talking about derm's favourtie moments in the grand final and they showed some footage of 1988 grand final. Sandy then goes on to ask derm when he thought they had the game won. Derm's answer after the toss.

Gotta love Derm
That's exactly when I knew too. After the toss, Jamie Duursma went and stood Dermie. All over.

Gotta love Derm

Somehow I managed to smuggle a little aerosol gas powered horn into that game, I was hooting it after every goal. Looking back I'm surprised I didn't get chucked out...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last 3 weeks of the finals Hawthorn kicked 52 goals 24 behinds to their opponents 26 goal 48. That says it all.
25% of all our behinds came in the last quarter of the GF. 1 quarter out of 12. We'd be livid if that quarter cost us like 2012.

25% of all our behinds came in the last quarter of the GF. 1 quarter out of 12. We'd be livid if that quarter cost us like 2012.

Didn't Shiels take a shot at goal in the last? Unless he was knocked as he was kicking (thus straightening the kick) then his shot doesn't count. :p

Didn't Shiels take a shot at goal in the last? Unless he was knocked as he was kicking (thus straightening the kick) then his shot doesn't count. :p
It was party time in the last quarter. Our guys were going for hangers, taking pot shots at goal and trying to get the ball into the hands of guys who don't usually kick goals (ie. Puopolo passing up a routine shot dead in front of goal to Stratton in a tougher position)

On GF DVD the final quarter SEN commentary is out of sync by a few seconds. Brothers DVD has the same problem and he bought a while ago. Anyone else have this problem? What can we do? If I go to exchange it I'd say I'd get the same thing back.

Bloody AFL. Firstly they give us a shitty SD replay rather than HD, and now can't even get the audio right.
By out of sync do you mean it is running early (radio ahead of TV) or behind (radio behind). The copy I have (purchased victory pack on 12/11/15) the Sen seems to call the action immediately after it happens - but its maybe 1/10th of a second behind if that. And it doesn't affect viewing.

By out of sync do you mean it is running early (radio ahead of TV) or behind (radio behind). The copy I have (purchased victory pack on 12/11/15) the Sen seems to call the action immediately after it happens - but its maybe 1/10th of a second behind if that. And it doesn't affect viewing.
It's about 5-10 seconds behind in the last quarter.

The last 3 weeks of the finals Hawthorn kicked 52 goals 24 behinds to their opponents 26 goal 48. That says it all.
Pity we can't take with us some carry-over points (goals) for next year!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back