Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2005
Perth WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
East Freo
I've been thinking about that a bit.

It was one out of the box where Lyon seemed to have a plan B, which was tailored to Hawthorn, to see if we could do it if we met later.

It didn't turn out that way unfortunately

I was at that game as well and to be honest the effort we put in the 2nd half was very lacklustre and the cue was well and truly put in the rack early in that one, was all part of the master plan which may have come to fruition if we met again.

If you look at the 1st quarter we were all over you and the only reason you remained in the game was because we didn't kick straight.

That's how I saw it through my brown and gold glasses anyhow.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
...Hell for leather early, convert our chances and put a large enough margin between us that forces them to play attacking football instead of this defensive crap we're all used to. When they have the mindset of needing to score, it should make them easier to score against in turn.

The elements in Tassie seem to inhibit a team's ability to do this, particularly in winter.

Expect it will be a close hard low scoring game with lots of pressure errors.

The elements in Tassie seem to inhibit a team's ability to do this, particularly in winter.

Expect it will be a close hard low scoring game with lots of pressure errors.

I was expecting this based on form anyway.

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My little fella asked to go watch a game for the first time with his old man this weekend. He is only little and there is only GA on the ticketmaster website Can't get 2 seats can someone help? Pls.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was at that game as well and to be honest the effort we put in the 2nd half was very lacklustre and the cue was well and truly put in the rack early in that one, was all part of the master plan which may have come to fruition if we met again.

If you look at the 1st quarter we were all over you and the only reason you remained in the game was because we didn't kick straight.

That's how I saw it through my brown and gold glasses anyhow.
That game was with TOB instead of Roughy yeah?

Neville Bartos

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Doc Rivers' LA Clippers
That game was with TOB instead of Roughy yeah?
Indeed it was. Langford did a really good job on Fyfe despite having a few goals kicked on him.
We really struggled with Roughy and Gunston was rushed back into the team after hurting his knee from memory. Our forward line never really got going but the issue from this loss was how easily Freo scored against us.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Indeed it was. Langford did a really good job on Fyfe despite having a few goals kicked on him.
We really struggled with Roughy and Gunston was rushed back into the team after hurting his knee from memory. Our forward line never really got going but the issue from this loss was how easily Freo scored against us.
Was it Shoe or Spang as CHB?

My little fella asked to go watch a game for the first time with his old man this weekend. He is only little and there is only GA on the ticketmaster website Can't get 2 seats can someone help? Pls.
Could sit down one of the ends if they get there early - basically concrete terraces without allocated seating for GA tickets. It's open to elements also (ie they're very bad seats comfort wise but at least kid will be with grandparent)

Box Hill vs Frankston

O'Rourke: 31 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 8 inside 50s
Simpkin: 29 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 7 inside 50s, 1 goal
Woodward: 28 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 goals
Hartung: 27 disposals, 2 marks, 8 tackles, 10 inside 50s
Hardisty: 23 disposals, 3 marks, 6 tackles
Howe: 23 disposals, 10 marks, 5 tackles
Willsmore: 19 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal
Heatherley: 16 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles
McEvoy: 16 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 43 hit-outs, 1 goal
Miles: 15 disposals, 5 marks
Grimley: 14 disposals, 5 marks, 2 goals
O'Brien: 14 disposals, 3 marks, 1 goal
Litherland: 13 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles
Sicily: 13 disposals, 4 marks
Webster: 13 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal
Tatupu: 7 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 4 hit-outs, 2 goals
Pittonet: 5 disposals, 2 marks, 6 tackles, 15 hit-outs

I'm going with my mate, Andy, but we booked 4 weeks ago.
We could only get seats in the open, so I'm hoping for no rain!

There's never been a problem getting standing room in Launceston, but it's such a big game that it may actually be sold out.

Box Hill vs Frankston

O'Rourke: 31 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 8 inside 50s
Simpkin: 29 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 7 inside 50s, 1 goal
Woodward: 28 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 goals
Hartung: 27 disposals, 2 marks, 8 tackles, 10 inside 50s
Hardisty: 23 disposals, 3 marks, 6 tackles
Howe: 23 disposals, 10 marks, 5 tackles
Willsmore: 19 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal
Heatherley: 16 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles
McEvoy: 16 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 43 hit-outs, 1 goal
Miles: 15 disposals, 5 marks
Grimley: 14 disposals, 5 marks, 2 goals
O'Brien: 14 disposals, 3 marks, 1 goal
Litherland: 13 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles
Sicily: 13 disposals, 4 marks
Webster: 13 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal
Tatupu: 7 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 4 hit-outs, 2 goals
Pittonet: 5 disposals, 2 marks, 6 tackles, 15 hit-outs

Let's put Woody in at full forward :)

dcutter

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great to see Lewis back in form last week.

Any thoughts on keeping Cyril one out in the goal square again?

It seems we only ever do this out of necessity but almost always works when we do

Jul 21, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
I don' really understand why some people think freeo will front a second rate team and basically concede a game. I wouldn't reckon any of the top teams think they have their position on the ladder sown up at this stage of the season. You would have to be a complete fool to endanger a top 2 finish and I don't think Ross is anybody's fool. A couple of unforeseen injuries (all of them are) or a bout of flu goes through a team and all of a sudden you drop 2 or 3 that were 'in the bag' and you get to take September off work!

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Bruest hasn't missed a game since about round 4 2012 unlikely our leading goal kicker gets rested against Freo to give Woody a game

All this talk of players in the twos deserving a reward game is crap, if they are playing well enough to push someone out then great but otherwise they just need to keep working on their craft until an opportunity comes up

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sounds good in theory....Maybe you should tell that to Schoenmakers.o_O

I don' really understand why some people think freeo will front a second rate team and basically concede a game. I wouldn't reckon any of the top teams think they have their position on the ladder sown up at this stage of the season. You would have to be a complete fool to endanger a top 2 finish and I don't think Ross is anybody's fool. A couple of unforeseen injuries (all of them are) or a bout of flu goes through a team and all of a sudden you drop 2 or 3 that were 'in the bag' and you get to take September off work!

YEAH....But have you seen their draw?o_O

Great Avatar by the way....Fully jelly.;)

To be fair, Ross has big form in resting lots of players.. 2013 against us in Tassie, did it.

Yes but weren't all those games nearer the conclusion of the home and away season?
My memory is not that good! ;)
Just remember that game and a couple of others, st kilda?

Actually edit:
The tassie game was the one where Schoe did his knee, that was early on in the year wasn't it?

Actually edit:
The tassie game was the one where Schoe did his knee, that was early on in the year wasn't it?
im not sure either, I guess we'll know for sure after team selections

I see Woody kicked 3 with BH - could he play Popeye's role one day? Is he quick & manic enough or do their similarities end with their height & hair colour?

The resting game was

Actually edit:
back in 2010 freo rested players, also did it when coaching saints vs us (but we lost). Schoe did knee vs west coast in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back