Ultimate Glory Hawks vs Swans - We take flag number 12 - our greatest flag - The Hard Way.

Remove this Banner Ad

You hopefully may need a new job about this time next year. ;)

OI! :O
I am not that bad at my job!!

I may need to be more organised with booking the weekend off if we get there again.

I was of that view myself, until earlier today I looked at the AFL site with an Grand Final image gallery, there was an image which shows Brian with a fistful of Franko's guernsey.
It must have been brief, I didn't see it watching live.
Great effort Brian, nonetheless.
Unlike the acres of fabric that Lonergrin is usually seen clawing at. And getting away with it.
I did see it, and it was a fraction of a second and happens to both players in just about every one of those contests. I guess we don't have too much to whinge about though eh? :)

Saw the Roughy tackle gif getting around in BAY 13 :)

1shOZYc.gif

Credit to oogac

Hey guys in my opinion that was the most complete performance I have ever seen from you boys, you absolutely gave us no chance and gave us a football lesson.

Just curious would you rank that as your best performance in this era 08-14?
The win early over Freo was also a particularly good demonstration of what we are capable of doing. However I think we had made our statement and I think we eased off a little after half time and Freo made some effort to compete.

Comment from Bruce in the last quarter that he thought Franklin's four goals were better than Roughead's. Leigh agrees, Franklin took more contested marks while Roughead's were just from leads.

I'm no tactical analyst, but isn't this due to Hawthorn's unpredictable forward line creating easier opportunities. While Sydney's concentration on Franklin forces him into tougher situations.

We're very nasty.

Isn't it great :)

Some call it unsociable. It really felt like the "take no prisoners" style from the '80's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comment from Bruce in the last quarter that he thought Franklin's four goals were better than Roughead's. Leigh agrees, Franklin took more contested marks while Roughead's were just from leads.

I'm no tactical analyst, but isn't this due to Hawthorn's unpredictable forward line creating easier opportunities. While Sydney's concentration on Franklin forces him into tougher

Thought Buddy was excellent under tough opposition. Possibly better than Rough but who cares either way.

As an aside I do recall chatting with a bloke near me at Qtr time saying how well we are hitting the scoreboard. Only Hawks players were kicking goals for either side and all we needed was McGlynn to slot one. A few minutes later we looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

How well are we going when we can win a flag despite the oppositions 3 most prolific Brownlow voters all being our ex players who are also the guys hitting the board for them in the big dance?

Watched the replay again today and thought Spangher had a good game. His decision making seems to have improved, and I cannot recall seeing too many clangers, not many at all. If he stays fit and as his confidence keeps going up who knows how good he may become. He may be a late bloomer. So the question is if Lake plays on and Spangher keeps his position if we get Frawley where do we play him, do we have him as depth?

If Spanghar could take a few big grabs per game he's be twice the player and a genuine swingman as an optional forward - but I'm not sure this will happen anytime soon. Then again his current role is simply to provide defensive contests keeping it away from big forwards, which as we saw at Saturday he does quite well.

If Spanghar could take a few big grabs per game he's be twice the player and a genuine swingman as an optional forward - but I'm not sure this will happen anytime soon. Then again his current role is simply to provide defensive contests keeping it away from big forwards, which as we saw at Saturday he does quite well.
That first contest he smashed through Buddy I knew we were going to win.

Thought Buddy was excellent under tough opposition. Possibly better than Rough but who cares either way.

As an aside I do recall chatting with a bloke near me at Qtr time saying how well we are hitting the scoreboard. Only Hawks players were kicking goals for either side and all we needed was McGlynn to slot one. A few minutes later we looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

How well are we going when we can win a flag despite the oppositions 3 most prolific Brownlow voters all being our ex players who are also the guys hitting the board for them in the big dance?

Thought Roughy played to very specific instructions when he was up forward, did a lot of those short, sharp little leads. Seemed to be creating space and contests, while throwing his opponent into very uncomfortable areas. Gunston did the same. I thought Clarkson and co's preparation and tactics were spot-on.

A very wise man, who is somewhat involved in our club, said to me before the game that, "we all know what we'll get with the Swans; how they'll line up, what they'll do. There will be no surprises on that front." What surprised the Swans and laid bare their major fault is not only how we played, but the way we set-up and that exposed their inflexibility and lack of options.

Cooney at the HFC dinner on sat'd night has raised a few eyebrows at the Kennel according to HUN.

You can't blame him for wanting to party with his mate.

That first contest he smashed through Buddy I knew we were going to win.

Spot on, Buddy didn't expect that and looked a bit rattled... Spanghar's size, endeavour and courage are why he played finals. Litherland was unlucky to lose his spot but is a talented prospect and could be formidable once he fills out a bit and learns how use his body in contests and read the play better (ala Lake) - which means he won't get ragged dolled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back