Ultimate Glory Hawks vs Swans - We take flag number 12 - our greatest flag - The Hard Way.

Remove this Banner Ad

T Box have peen playing hawks games one after the other.

A particularly nice moment was sewell kicking a nice goal at the end of the last H&A game against geelong.

Nearest player to him was Langford who was absolutely excited/stoked and gave sewell, who he would 'replace' in the finals, a huge hug

Watching it yet again, Matt Spangher just got his medal :D

Might squeeze in another viewing when this one is done, making the most out of the hot weather today... wore the Hawthorn guernsey.

Watched it this arvo because the cricket was boring me to tears. Have actually lost count of the number of times I have watched it.
Housemates sick of it, but I don't care..

Watching it yet again, Matt Spangher just got his medal :D

Might squeeze in another viewing when this one is done, making the most out of the hot weather today... wore the Hawthorn guernsey.
T Box have peen playing hawks games one after the other.

A particularly nice moment was sewell kicking a nice goal at the end of the last H&A game against geelong.

Nearest player to him was Langford who was absolutely excited/stoked and gave sewell, who he would 'replace' in the finals, a huge hug

A little trivia: Sewell kicked his first ever AFL goal against Geelong in the final H&A game in 2006 ...

"The best team of the modern era - the last 50 years - produces its masterpiece," ...

Yep ... Bruce was on FIRE at the GF ... Let fly with some absolute pearlers that day!!!!
... "He can FEEL that cup in his hands RECKON" ..... "Hodge ... HAAAAAAARD" ..... "THEY'RE AWAY"

it was a thing of absolute beauty! ;);)

Listened to the AFL Live commentary (the one with Rex Hunt) whilst watching the game last night. Very funny stuff coming from Rexy's mouth particularly post-fat lady. His pronunciation of Puopolo needs some work though...

Does anyone know if Isaac Smith was tagging someone for the Grand Final?

It seems like Hill was let off the leash big time, but Smith seemed to only get involved around half back and when traffic was around. I know he did some big tagging roles during the year and sacrificed his natural game for the overall team benefit.

Does anyone know if Isaac Smith was tagging someone for the Grand Final?

It seems like Hill was let off the leash big time, but Smith seemed to only get involved around half back and when traffic was around. I know he did some big tagging roles during the year and sacrificed his natural game for the overall team benefit.

Cunningham was tagging Smith hence the lower than usual output.

Cunningham was tagging Smith hence the lower than usual output.

They say that but he had some important touches, including the i50 which resulted in Langford goal, the midfield intercept off Goodes which ended up in a Hill goal, a goal assist to Breust I think it was, and didn't really make any mistakes except for that dropped handball receive off Hodge in the 2nd quarter. He was very solid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still laugh every time I see the replay of Rioli's attempted screamer in the first quarter and hear Cometti's commentary.

"Nothing snapped. Airbags deployed!"

I'm really going to miss his odd little comments when he gives up the commentary game. Actually has some nice character that most of the current-day callers seem to be missing.

I liked his comment when Hodgey is chasing a ball in the goal square and it bounces back towards him, Dennis described it as "the ball comes back to him like an obedient dog" which is exactly what it looked like :D

Last edited:
Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?
Jane

or

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,
Jane

Only the punctuation has changed.

Another one...

What is this thing called love?
What is this thing called, love?
What? Is this thing called love?

Who tagged Josh Kennedy. He had a minimal influence on the game and is a beast normally

Thoughts Shiels had the job.

Shiels had a really good game too IMO. having said that, I would have still had Kennedy as one of the few half decent players after Buddy and Malceski.

It is bewildering how Longmire can win coach of the year and then go on to get his arse handed to him like that.
Absolute joke, and a lazy decision simply given to whoever finished first on the ladder. Longmire has done bugger all as a coach, and has been blessed with a strong list that hasn't needed anything really innovative to function, because they're hard enough to beat just by showing up. Clarkson has worked his arse off with all sorts of adversity to end up with this result, and Hinkley has done an excellent job removing all the bullshit surrounding his players and club and realising the potential they had the whole time...

Absolute joke, and a lazy decision simply given to whoever finished first on the ladder. Longmire has done bugger all as a coach, and has been blessed with a strong list that hasn't needed anything really innovative to function, because they're hard enough to beat just by showing up. Clarkson has worked his arse off with all sorts of adversity to end up with this result, and Hinkley has done an excellent job removing all the bullshit surrounding his players and club and realising the potential they had the whole time...
Where as Ross Lyon worked hard to ruin St Kilda's run at glory then defected West to bring down the purple sillies - sounds like Coach of the Year material

I think Longmire has done an amazing job. Their 2012 premiership, as much as it hurts, was an incredible effort. However, things have changed. Sydney have gone from an amazingly even team willing to almost die for the cause to a star gazing bunch of entitled twats. Under Clarko the Hawks have undergone the same transformation in reverse.

Clarko is a gem. He is so far ahead of the pack it is almost unfair.

I actually thought that the Hawks completely disassembled Sydney's stoppage structure that day. Clarko knew where the ball was going to go and the Hawks were placed there ready to pounce. It is bewildering how Longmire can win coach of the year and then go on to get his arse handed to him like that.
Yep, radio commentators (ex players) really picked up on it. We shut down the ping pong hand ball game. Sydney love 3 to 4 short, quick handballs to release runners. We had guys sitting on the first, second and third receivers and we just hammered them or pressured them as soon as they got it. Hence Rohan, Hannebury and Jetta had no impact. No run came for the Swans and we were harder at going in and getting the spilled ball. Again Clarko changes things up during the finals. Very good coaching that day as Horse is actually a quality coach. He needs to learn how to stop us scoring as well as how to be a little more flexible in the box. Clarko has every other coaches measure for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back