Autopsy Hawks vs The Party Pies...cold and soggy.

Remove this Banner Ad

I just realised that Hartung and Hill have the same initials. I wonder if Hartung might get selected ahead of Hill based on recent form?

Not sure if serious

A lazy 455 total possessions.

No one will get even close to our 2458 points scored in the regular season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree but the difference is no one expects anything more from Spangher. And he has had to earn his spot whereas the perception is Schoey gets given games. Unfortunately for Schoey the way he plays gives to impression he isn't desperate enough but it is totally opposite for Spangher, this makes it easier to forgive his short comings.

All true. But taking expectations out of it and looking at results, I'd say Shoe has had more better/influential games too.

Not that I'm saying he should be in next week - I think they're both up against it. Just highlighting the difference in perceptions.

Bucks coaches like he played. For himself not for the team, reckon he will never win a flag either way

I see Buckley and Robert Harvey in their coaching box and I don't see much footy IQ.

Or regular IQ either!

Got the win we were expecting. Not overly concerned about our general crappiness at the start, despite everything they say about one week at a time and all that stuff it was a meaningless last game of a long season against a poor team so there was always a chance we were going to come out not completely switched on. Seriously over the excessive criticism of Schoey though, hopefully Suckling is back next week to divert some people's attention.

Lets give the Cats a real working over on the way to some serious match form for the finals.

Bury any talk of curses for good and get on with making some new history, of the positive type against some of these so-called hoodoo teams.

Mostly ahem........Geelong.

Lets do it.

Think he had already done that. He is the best sub in the comp always has an impact when he comes on and when he does get a full game always seems to rack up the numbers.

Litherland and Schoey did their finals chances some harm tonight. Litherland very sloppy with his disposals and Schoey just too slow in making a decision to get to the right spot, uses the ball well when he has time and space, not so good under pressure and one on one.

reckon young Hartung is gonna give him a run for his money

question is whether they go with Simpkin or Billy as the super sub? Billy did his chances no harm by putting in an energy filled last quarter from the green vest............

Glossed over a bit and I know he's played more games but Rough went past Derm for Hawthorn goals.

Just take that in. Derm is a Hawthorn and VFL/AFL all time champion (and my favourite ever player). And Rough has done it playing more varied, non forwardline positions, in a more dour and congested era of football. Sure, he's not Buddy, but that's a hell of an effort for a local boy from my neck of the woods.

Was always on the cards. Just do the AFL world a favour and hopefully a REAL football club can win the flag and beat the AFL backed franchise.

Bad luck mate. Your boys had a crack but the key word is boys - they were always going to struggle to maintain it.

No shame in tonight's result.

Hartung looked good in a game where the heat had completely dissipated out of the game by the time he came on. He'd be sorer after a training session than he'll be tonight.

There's no way on God's green earth that he'll have the time and space next week that he did tonight. Finals are a quantum leap in terms of pressure. Hill has the experience of finals under his belt and there's no way I'd pick Hartung before Hill if both are fit enough to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back