Autopsy Hawks vs The Party Pies...cold and soggy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our problem isn't slow starts - we are just not converting our chances early.

I disagree. We got destroyed in terms of inside 50s but this week and last week in the first quarter. We're good enough to withstand it (But in doing so we fall for Chris Scott's infamous plan sometimes) but in the finals the pressure of being behind early is huge.

People worried about our slow starts are forgetting about what we did to Freo in the first quarter should've been 6 goals up.

Overall too classy, boring game, I won money and I love Roughy

Solid win but our start was concerning once again. Doc was great but Gus and Schoey were average. Spangher improved once he went back. However, he looked lost forward.

I disagree. We got destroyed in terms of inside 50s but this week and last week in the first quarter. We're good enough to withstand it (But in doing so we fall for Chris Scott's infamous plan sometimes) but in the finals the pressure of being behind early is huge.

Yep can't allow good sides the jump.

They may just make you pay permanently.

I'm struggling with the idea that some think billy would go ahead of simpkin as the sub in a preliminary final. He came on in the third quarter of a game that was shot and played at half the pace and intensity of a final - you guys are dreaming

Well done, Hawkers!

To finish where we finished at the end of the home and away season, given our injuries throughout the year, is a pretty damn good effort. We've beaten each of the other top4 once and lost to each of them once, so we know we can match it with them and deserve to be where we are.

Some interesting selection decisions coming up for the club this next week, exciting times!

Go Hawks!

Well touchwood Lake is ok. We improved after that deplorable first quarter. Can't complain if no other injuries or suspensions. Not saying we were soft but we played like a side doing just enough to win comfortably.

Kudos to the Hawks and support for sticking around for Ball's Guard of Homour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As ugly and slow as Shoey looks he gets the job down as a defender, I feel Spanger offers more around the ground but if Lake goes down I much rather have Shoey play one on one than Spanger. Shoey is the much better player imo but for a needs to needs bases assuming Lake is fit Spanger is head for everyone bar Sydney.

Good result in the end but our starts are a worry - been going on for a while and they may not get the opportunity to claw it back against real quality

Lithers and shoey didn't really do enough to inspire confidence for final selection
Lewis and gibbo had a great game as did birch. Well done gunners and ruff on their goals.
Think we need to put bruest in the middle to help shake the tag - struggles big time with them and his brute strength really comes into play when he is in the middle
He did some nice work in the mid tonight.

Geez that reporters joke about Gunston in the presser went down like a lead balloon...
#AWKWARD

Amazing what happens when you demand people think a little and not just go through the motions. Those press conferences are just stupid.

If I had been told at the start of the year that Mitch, Gibbo, Lake, Cyril, Strats, and Sewell would miss a combined 65 games and we would finish second and the highest scoring team in the comp without Buddy while Clarko missed 5 games due to illness I would have thought bullsh#t so proud of what we have done so far, serious chance for b2b love this club

Think he had already done that. He is the best sub in the comp always has an impact when he comes on and when he does get a full game always seems to rack up the numbers.

Litherland and Schoey did their finals chances some harm tonight. Litherland very sloppy with his disposals and Schoey just too slow in making a decision to get to the right spot, uses the ball well when he has time and space, not so good under pressure and one on one.

I thought Shoey had no idea of reading the play tonight. If ever he had a chance to impress it was tonight. Spang by the length of the Flemington straight next week. Gus was also disappointing, and Doc slao made some bad decisions. I think Suckers will be back against the cats.

I would like to congratulate the pies on being gracious in defeat. Unlike those cats last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back