Preview Hawks vs The Tigers : IN Lake, OUT Cheney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we have all of our defenders available, Clarko is going to have to decide what he thinks our best back six looks like.

We looked undersized against the Cats, but with both Lake and Shoenmakers available we might have a different problem: how big do we go?

I have taken a stab at whay I think our best back six looks like on my blog. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.themightyhawks.com.au/tactics/hawthorns-best-back-six/
Our "best back 6" changes relative to the forward line we are up against. A Geelong or West coast forward line tends to call for tall defenders who are good in the air. Who can spoil and take intercept marks. A Fremantle or Collingwood forward line mostly calls for smaller defenders who are good at ground level. Who can sweep up loose/chaos balls and are quick and agile enough to stop skillful crumbers.

What sort of crowd you reckon we'll get on Sunday??

Thinking of taking my daughter to her second game of footy (she signed up as a member for the first time this year).

The MCG website predicts 45,000 but with reasonably good weather forecast it should be bigger than that hopefully!

Now that we have all of our defenders available, Clarko is going to have to decide what he thinks our best back six looks like.

We looked undersized against the Cats, but with both Lake and Shoenmakers available we might have a different problem: how big do we go?

I have taken a stab at whay I think our best back six looks like on my blog. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.themightyhawks.com.au/tactics/hawthorns-best-back-six/

Have been padding the defence with burger, hodge, mitchell so maybe not a problem

Pets aren't allowed in so Richmond numbers will be down
Somewhere in the world a dentist is having a discount on dental work.

They'll be lining up in anticipation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping we line up as...

FF: Gunston - Hale - Puopolo
HF: Breust - Roughead - Rioli
Ce: Hill - Mitchell - Smith
HB: Birchall - Gibson - Suckling
FB: Hodge - Lake - Stratton

Ru: McEvoy
RR: Burgoyne
Ro: Langford

I/C: Lewis, Hallahan, Simpkin + Duryea

THIS, but Simpkin I think is a very good player as a sub, Duryea deserves to start

Poor Cheney. Has done incredibly well and hopefully Clarko tells him that he is still very much in the Senior picture if he keeps going the way he is.

On the other hand it is great to see big Brian back

A couple of spots will open up over the next couple of years

Also hallahan, Langford, Hill getting to stand up as the leaders after the next set of leaders

Disappointed that Jed isnt listed as an emergency. I know he failed his test last week but as he was close I thought he might be on the verge again.
Hope his shoulder isn't worst than first thought. Really hope to see him in the side soon.
Great to see Hartung doing so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back