Preview Hawks vs $wans - Changes & Discussion. Light refreshments and Cola being served.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fast that you feel like you have to almost apologise before making that statement reflects poorly on the way the game is played at the moment. I still like my footy but that real combative, aggressive hard edge has definitely been reduced and to the games detriment for mine.
I hear you chewy! And I guess, the way we, as rabid one-eyed supporters, view the world is very much different to how AFL footballers view it. As professional sportsmen they may well consider their opponents as kinsmen (to a certain degree...) and would of course be reluctant to overtly (or covertly) cause incidental injury that may impede a fellow practitioner's line of work and thus their pay packet.

Jewbacca

Team Captain
Dec 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hear you chewy! And I guess, the way we, as rabid one-eyed supporters, view the world is very much different to how AFL footballers view it. As professional sportsmen they may well consider their opponents as kinsmen (to a certain degree...) and would of course be reluctant to overtly (or covertly) cause incidental injury that may impede a fellow practitioner's line of work and thus their pay packet.

We're taking it out of them at a young age now, no tackling in the real junior grades, no scoreboards etc. Then the few that escape that and get to the big time with that mongrel intact get it beat out of them through necessity - Lewis, Robinson, Buddy, Waters etc. It's such a shame.

I'm not advocating a return to the sniping of the past, but a bit of nastiness makes for a better game.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Whats the diff from round eight ?

I see out hale, cheney, hartung rioli duryea hallahan
In Hodge, Mitchell, woodward litherland ceglar shiels

Three a grade in one out

Swans lose r shaw and hannebury
In ??

Kuuz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory TSM
Wow. Big surprise with the Woodward inclusion, thought he wouldnt get a go until next year. Still, so stoked for him, he totally deserves a run at the senior side, has been best on ground for the Magoos for the last 3 months pretty much.

So happy for him. Such a long road to get to this point, and right now, he'll be licking his lips knowing all the set-backs (2 knee re-cos) and hard work were worth it :D

How many debutantes does that take us to this year?

Suckling, Schoey and WhiteX all debuted in that round 1 game if I recall correctly.
I thought there may have been one or two more debuting that night.

Flag08

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They just showed the Hawks at practice, and I see Hill grabbed his knee and limped. Was that today? If that was today, Hill won't be playing, by the looks of him limping! I hope that was before the last few games..it didn't look good..Did anyone see him limping today?​
Calm down mate. I think you'll find that Hilly saw the camera on him and decided to have a bit of a laugh. He is a funny guy. He was actually limping on the leg that hasn't been sore. He will burn this week.

Can someone post the full teams?
Sure
upload_2014-7-24_20-19-47.png

upload_2014-7-24_20-19-16.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back