Preview Hawks vs $wans - Changes & Discussion. Light refreshments and Cola being served.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Spangh out and Tippett in. Im just not confident anymore. The Swans will play through Shoeys man, every side knows how to beat us and thats through Shoey. Harsh I know, but the harsh reality!!!

Feeling very nervous now.
More than being harsh, it's simply incorrect. If they play through Schoey's man then 2014 will tell you that that player will lose the day. We can only hope that occurs.

And to think that your hopes lay with Spangher keeping Tippet quiet but your faith (see what I did there?) fell away when Spangher was ruled out. Interesting...

More than being harsh, it's simply incorrect. If they play through Schoey's man then 2014 will tell you that that player will lose the day. We can only hope that occurs.

And to think that your hopes lay with Spangher keeping Tippet quiet but your faith (see what I did there?) fell away when Spangher was ruled out. Interesting...

Happy to be proven wrong!!

Happy to be proven wrong!!
I'll be happy if you are too!

I just wonder why you think Spangher is the saviour of our backline (oh stop it ;)) when the only* proven KP performer in our Defence this year is in fact Schoey.

*I know Gibbo didn't play solely on Buddy last time but the majority of the game he did & he was smashed.

The only thing wrong with Schoey is perception. If at the end of the game we lose with Tippett kicking 4 on him and Buddy kicking 4 on Gibson then everyone will be lamenting how Schoey cost us the game while Gibson kept us in it.

Keeping Tippett and Buddy to a combined 8 goals would actually be quite good I reckon.

Clarko must like debuting guys in big games .. Hallahan V Cats and now Woody in this one
Hill and Anderson both debuted in big games against the Cats in successive years. Litherland in a big Friday night game against Essendon in round 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing wrong with Schoey is perception. If at the end of the game we lose with Tippett kicking 4 on him and Buddy kicking 4 on Gibson then everyone will be lamenting how Schoey cost us the game while Gibson kept us in it.

Keeping Tippett and Buddy to a combined 8 goals would actually be quite good I reckon.
I dont think you can say keeping them to a combined total of 8 goals in modern day footy is quite good

Not a single panelist on the Marngrook show tonight was willing to tips the Hawks. Mind you - I don't really give a s**t. They are, at the core, like most of these shows and are ultimately swayed by the overridng general flow of the media 'vibe'. You know... (ironically..) like Mabo and all that...

I dont think you can say keeping them to a combined total of 8 goals in modern day footy is quite good
I don't have any stats on how often they go to their two big men when they play together but I'm guessing somewhere in the range of 60-70% of all inside 50 entries will be directed their way. It may be even more if they think we'll be most vulnerable to their talls. 8 goals between them isn't that much when they had at least 14 shots between them last time we played (Tippett kicked 4.0 with an OOF after the siren, Buddy 2.7).

Litherland will likely line up on Parker, and he needs to stop him from impacting on the scoreboard.

Malceski kicked 2 goals against us last time. He's only kicked 5 for the year. He did it to us in the 2012 GF when he doesn't normally kick goals. Who ever is on him needs to make sure he is made accountable both on their HBF and inside their 50 if he pushes up.

Not sure that Woody is getting enough attention with all the excitement about the game and the Buddy bullshit.

This is a seriously great effort by him to get the side this year. Congrats and good luck Alex.

There should be some kudos from the press, especially after all the accolades stowed on Morabito when he returned. Have a feeling Alex will deliver.

I don't have any stats on how often they go to their two big men when they play together but I'm guessing somewhere in the range of 60-70% of all inside 50 entries will be directed their way. It may be even more if they think we'll be most vulnerable to their talls. 8 goals between them isn't that much when they had at least 14 shots between them last time we played (Tippett kicked 4.0 with an OOF after the siren, Buddy 2.7).

Litherland will likely line up on Parker, and he needs to stop him from impacting on the scoreboard.

Malceski kicked 2 goals against us last time. He's only kicked 5 for the year. He did it to us in the 2012 GF when he doesn't normally kick goals. Who ever is on him needs to make sure he is made accountable both on their HBF and inside their 50 if he pushes up.

I spose it does depend on what % of forward 50 entries are directed towards them

Ankle my ar$e, smokescreen mate, tweaked a hammy at training last week.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Not a single panelist on the Marngrook show tonight was willing to tips the Hawks. Mind you - I don't really give a s**t. They are, at the core, like most of these shows and are ultimately swayed by the overridng general flow of the media 'vibe'. You know... (ironically..) like Mabo and all that...

You think they'd tip against goodes?

On a side note Pickering was dumped by Franklin as his manager.

Lol the way I see it karma still has some work to do (Hawthorn Premiership 2014) but this made me smile!!

Thats just Jacinta Campbell controlling his life nothing more to it than that...as his new Manager is also her Manager haha

I hear you chewy! And I guess, the way we, as rabid one-eyed supporters, view the world is very much different to how AFL footballers view it. As professional sportsmen they may well consider their opponents as kinsmen (to a certain degree...) and would of course be reluctant to overtly (or covertly) cause incidental injury that may impede a fellow practitioner's line of work and thus their pay packet.
I don't see that stopping people in other sporting codes. Contact sports for example, and even netball. You see a head, you kick it. Why save it for Grand Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back