walhawk

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2007
Box Hill
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill, Storm
Hawthorn hardly had a forward line when Hale played. He didn't impact the scoreboard and took one mark for the game. I think he's been struggling for the past few weeks but Hawthorn's overall superiority has masked it. In 11 games so far this season, Hale has averaged 9.6 disposals per game, which is his lowest since he joined the club back in time for the 2011 season (he averaged 10.2 disposals per game last season). More worryingly, given that Hawthorn is asking Hale to play as a forward-ruck, he is averaging just 2.3 marks per game, which is down from 3.5 marks per game last season.

Given he is now into his 30s and his body has taken a battering for the best part of 12 years, if I were on the selection committee, I would think long and hard as to which of the three ruckmen (I'll exclude Pittonet as he's too raw and inexperienced and Grimley because, well, he's Grimley) I would play on Saturday night.
Hale's time is almost up.
Pittonet will be good but Hale stays on our list for 2016 as back up.
Cegs needs a crack this week.

We are wearing the power rangers jumper again.
I assume we will also wear it in any away finals v WCE?
Its the s**t jumper-off this weekend.
We could have had wings vs hawks usual but noooo, we are forced to witness tripanel and power rangers guernseys.

We are wearing the power rangers jumper again.
I assume we will also wear it in any away finals v WCE?
giphy.gif

kumarparam

Rookie
Apr 18, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Oz Cricket Team
I tell you what, given WCE's crap kicking for goal at the moment, the last thing I'd want is a repeat of that awful game in 2012 when they kicked 5.21 & we kicked 5.16.

Ha ha. Was at that game. Remember it vividly. At half-time the scoreline read WCE 0.12 — Hawks 0.8!! In the first half the crowd tried hard to get into the game but both teams gave them no chance :p.

Daniel Kerr got the Eagles and the crowd going with his snap from the 50 near the boundary.

I'll happily take a 21.5 — 16.5 scoreline this time around :)

IN: Ceglar, Suckling

OUT: Hale, Hartung

B: Stratton, Lake, Gibson

HB: Birchall, Frawley, Burgoyne

C: Shiels, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Breust, Schoenmakers, Rioli

F: Puopolo, Roughead, Gunston

R: Ceglar, Hodge, Lewis

INT: Duryea, McEvoy, Suckling, Hill

I know some people want to see McEvoy dropped, but let's not forget he was up against a decent ruckman on Friday night. Whilst McEvoy didn't play well, neither did half a dozen other Hawthorn players. The point is, McEvoy has kicked 6 goals in the last four games which is more then any other ruckman in the competition during that time. I wouldn't be surprised if he bounces back and puts in a solid game for this week.

Lake vs Kennedy
Frawley vs Sinclair
Stratton vs LeCras
Gibson vs Darling
Burgoyne vs J.Hill
Birchall vs Cripps

May 4, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know some people want to see McEvoy dropped, but let's not forget he was up against a decent ruckman on Friday night. Whilst McEvoy didn't play well, neither did half a dozen other Hawthorn players. The point is, McEvoy has kicked 6 goals in the last four games which is more then any other ruckman in the competition during that time. I wouldn't be surprised if he bounces back and puts in a solid game for this week.

Lake vs Kennedy
Frawley vs Sinclair
Stratton vs LeCras
Gibson vs Darling
Burgoyne vs J.Hill
Birchall vs Cripps
Having Duryea in the back 6 is a luxury

Xsess

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2007
On top of the world
AFL Club
West Coast
Whatever happens on Saturday you can be sure independent AFL fans will be gunning to see an eventual Hawks WCE grand final (two teams with by far the best aesthetic game plans of the top four teams). Love your run and gun style. And this game speaks volumes for the playing culture of Hawthorn given Simpsons links with your club and where we are both at in the scheme of this year. But anyhoo stuff the laymen I want you smashed! :D

Last edited:
In this week's BUPA Recovery Report, GM Football Operations Chris Fagan reveals Will Langford’s return could be sooner than first expected.

Langford’s recovery from a medial injury has been progressing well, with the midfielder on target to return in as little as two weeks time.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2015-08-04/bupa-recovery-report-langford-progressing-well

Injury list as of August 4th

Kaiden Brand (Shoulder) Season
Will Langford (Knee) 2-6 weeks
James Sicily (Hand) 2 weeks
Matt Spangher (Hamstring) 3-4 weeks
Zac Webster (Hamstring) 1 week
Alex Woodward (Knee) Season

Wundo

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2010
Melbourne - WA - Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Whatever happens on Saturday you can be sure that independent AFL fans will be gunning to see an eventual Hawks WCE grand final (two teams with by far the best aesthetic game plans of the top four teams). Love your run and gun style. And this game speaks volumes for the playing culture of Hawthorn given Simpsons links with your club and where we are both at in the scheme of this year. But anyhoo stuff the laymen I want you smashed! :D
And rightly so. It shits me when opposition supporters post in threads like this and say "good luck for the game".. what a crock. I sure as F..! don't wish the west coast any good luck. I want to smash them. Or win by a point. Either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wundo

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2010
Melbourne - WA - Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In this week's BUPA Recovery Report, GM Football Operations Chris Fagan reveals Will Langford’s return could be sooner than first expected.

Langford’s recovery from a medial injury has been progressing well, with the midfielder on target to return in as little as two weeks time.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2015-08-04/bupa-recovery-report-langford-progressing-well

Injury list as of August 4th

Kaiden Brand (Shoulder) Season
Will Langford (Knee) 2-6 weeks
James Sicily (Hand) 2 weeks
Matt Spangher (Hamstring) 3-4 weeks
Zac Webster (Hamstring) 1 week
Alex Woodward (Knee) Season
Ahh.. two weeks coming back from a medial. Like Hodge was, for what, about two months?! :rolleyes::p

It appears the tribunal has more common sense than the game day umpires and MRP.
Which is the issue with the MRP, common sense doesn't come into it

Hong Kong Hawk

All Australian
Aug 1, 2015
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Brom
The umpires on Friday umpired the occasion and not the footy.
Also, No doubt they were shown video of how hawthorn use the boundary line and paid frees against us when they saw it, because they were coached to look for it in our play. They therefore missed plenty the other way, because they were not coached in that direction.

Ha ha. Was at that game. Remember it vividly. At half-time the scoreline read WCE 0.12 — Hawks 0.8!! In the first half the crowd tried hard to get into the game but both teams gave them no chance :p.

Daniel Kerr got the Eagles and the crowd going with his snap from the 50 near the boundary.

I'll happily take a 21.5 — 16.5 scoreline this time around :)

Cam Bruce's last game of senior football. And Brad Hill's first

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
IN: Ceglar, Suckling

OUT: Hale, Hartung

B: Stratton, Lake, Gibson

HB: Birchall, Frawley, Burgoyne

C: Shiels, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Breust, Schoenmakers, Rioli

F: Puopolo, Roughead, Gunston

R: Ceglar, Hodge, Lewis

INT: Duryea, McEvoy, Suckling, Hill
We're playing at Subiaco, and you want to drop Hartung?
Can I ask why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back