O'Brien: 13 disposals - 7 marks - 2 tackles - 3 goals
Sicily: 13 disposals - 8 marks - 4 tackles
Ceglar: 12 disposals - 3 marks - 3 tackles - 38 hit-outs
Heatherley: 12 disposals - 6 marks - 3 tackles - 4 inside 50s
Pittonet: 12 disposals - 6 marks - 2 tackles - 23 hit-outs - 1 goal
Whitecross: 11 disposals - 6 marks - 1 goal
Tatupu: 10 disposals - 4 marks - 2 goals
Grimley: 8 dispsoals - 1 goal

O'Brien seems to be doing better in the second half of the season? Any chance of another run before the finals?

I hated the Frawley pick up. The reason he looked good at Melbourne was pure weight of numbers - the ball came in high 70 times a match, so eventually any ******* can repel a few of these and look "good" in a s**t team.

So, he comes to a good team and makes Melbourne style decisions with a Melbourne skill set. He goes off to have his ridiculous head checked, and the team fires. Back on he comes and we come down to his level FFS.

Lake on the other hand was good in seasons when the Doggies made finals. Gibson was class, again in a team that got to the 8.

Spangher is injured, but he is classier and more talented than "Chip". Good name for him - potato for a brain, fat, and is cooked when the heat goes on.

I hated the Frawley pick up. The reason he looked good at Melbourne was pure weight of numbers - the ball came in high 70 times a match, so eventually any ******* can repel a few of these and look "good" in a s**t team.

So, he comes to a good team and makes Melbourne style decisions with a Melbourne skill set. He goes off to have his ridiculous head checked, and the team fires. Back on he comes and we come down to his level FFS.

Lake on the other hand was good in seasons when the Doggies made finals. Gibson was class, again in a team that got to the 8.

Spangher is injured, but he is classier and more talented than "Chip". Good name for him - potato for a brain, fat, and is cooked when the heat goes on.

Prepared to give Frawley a year In the system. But I do agree with one thing, Spang, when fit, is in the best 22. So I rekon, bar any other injuries, chip may miss out.

Ridiculously personal.

Hill definitely out to work on not shitting his jocks every time an opponent has intent!
Breust to work on having more than ONE funking kick in 120 mins of football.
Rough to take a mark at training.
Stratton to stop falling on his arse in one on ones.
Lewis to tackle.
Burgs to work on his kicking, especially from outside 50 where he has struggled to pin a target or the goals all year.
Gibbo to leave his ego at home for this trip.....as we will need to be at our absolute best from here on in.

Sammy and Hodgey have been our two best all year! Not sure if that's a good thing.

Boy, a week IS along time in football. Last weeks line up was lauded as being the strongest we've put on the park, this week some are calling for wholesale changes. Hill hasn't been bad enough for long enough to be relegated. McEvoy had three good games leading into Friday night. Clarko has a history of sticking by those whom have walked the walk for him in the past, Suckling is a case in point. That's right the bloke being potted relentlessly here for weeks on end. And who now apparently is pivotal to our fortunes. How the wheel turns.

Ridiculously personal.
Yes, but the club was very vocal about his arrival as a ready made swing man. Now we are hearing that he needs time in the system. This is the same switch of dialogue that Malthouse was criticised for over the past two seasons.

If he warrants $600k per year, then he plays to it from day one.

Boy, a week IS along time in football. Last weeks line up was lauded as being the strongest we've put on the park, this week some are calling for wholesale changes. Hill hasn't been bad enough for long enough to be relegated. McEvoy had three good games leading into Friday night. Clarko has a history of sticking by those whom have walked the walk for him in the past, Suckling is a case in point. That's right the bloke being potted relentlessly here for weeks on end. And who now apparently is pivotal to our fortunes. How the wheel turns.
And Richmond were sh@t last week too

"Always forgive a horse one bad run"as they say in racing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you create this account just to come in here and bag Frawley?

This round has shown what we already knew but have obviously forgotten: You can't assume anything. Upsets happen.

The loss against Richmond refocuses the side going into the pointy end. The Suns-Eagles draw helps soften the blow of that loss somewhat.
As someone said the 2 points might aswell be 4 still 2 games behind and your percentage is better anyway !! I think you should win pretty easily to be honest im hoping for under 30 tho

Did you create this account just to come in here and bag Frawley?
No, not in the slightest. As I said in another post, "Always forgive a horse one bad run" in reference to the reaction over the Richmond loss. We had a bad night, and this can happen. Better to happen against Richmond in July than on the last Match of the year - just ask Sydney about that one.

My point is that fundamentally I believe he is a bad pick up. I hope he is not selected this week. I want him to be s great pick up and propel us forwards, but at present it is shaping up very poorly IMO.

You might also wish to note my praise of Lake, Gibson and Spangher - all brought in from other clubs, and all have performed.

I want to be proven wrong about Frawley, but alas I won't be!

Frawley just needs time. Injuries have prevented him from settling in and learning new systems. Like anything you have to do it again and again for it to become second nature - give him another season and I think we will see a marked improvement

Hill hasn't been bad enough for long enough to be relegated.
Except that he has.

I am one of his biggest fans, but he has been struggling for good form for quite some time.

Yes, but the club was very vocal about his arrival as a ready made swing man. Now we are hearing that he needs time in the system. This is the same switch of dialogue that Malthouse was criticised for over the past two seasons.

If he warrants $600k per year, then he plays to it from day one.

You've joined this Forum 5 minutes ago and you're posting like a Demons supporter.

And you're wrong!

No, not in the slightest. As I said in another post, "Always forgive a horse one bad run" in reference to the reaction over the Richmond loss. We had a bad night, and this can happen. Better to happen against Richmond in July than on the last Match of the year - just ask Sydney about that one.

My point is that fundamentally I believe he is a bad pick up. I hope he is not selected this week. I want him to be s great pick up and propel us forwards, but at present it is shaping up very poorly IMO.

You might also wish to note my praise of Lake, Gibson and Spangher - all brought in from other clubs, and all have performed.

I want to be proven wrong about Frawley, but alas I won't be!
What has praising other players Hawks recruited from other clubs got to do with comments about Frawley never making it?
You only have to look at comments on this board during Lake Gibbo Hale and Burgers first season to see that each of them looked pretty average at times in their first season and people were worried if they would suit our game plan

Considering the success that those blokes have had I would think you would give our recruiters and coaches the benefit of the doubt that they might just know what they are doing

What has praising other players Hawks recruited from other clubs got to do with comments about Frawley never making it?
You only have to look at comments on this board during Lake Gibbo Hale and Burgers first season to see that each of them looked pretty average at times in their first season and people were worried if they would suit our game plan

Considering the success that those blokes have had I would think you would give our recruiters and coaches the benefit of the doubt that they might just know what they are doing
Fair. And, I'm guessing Cameron Bruce will have been able to give very good insight. As I've said I hope my assessment is wrong.

As for the posts re Hill. As an outside runner he needs the ball to come out quickly from the in and user guys. Richmond did a very good job of applying front on pressure to our inside mids. This slowed delivery, and they ran multiple opponents against him out wide. He's class and he will show it.

Fair. And, I'm guessing Cameron Bruce will have been able to give very good insight. As I've said I hope my assessment is wrong.

As for the posts re Hill. As an outside runner he needs the ball to come out quickly from the in and user guys. Richmond did a very good job of applying front on pressure to our inside mids. This slowed delivery, and they ran multiple opponents against him out wide. He's class and he will show it.
Biggest issue with Hill was the fumbles it really destroys his main weapon, inside mids fumbles they can go in and get the ball or lay a tackle, Hill struggles to do either so when he is shutting down his own run by dropping the ball he looks bad, has had a few games like that this year and once it starts he seems to have trouble stopping it
Could be a good time to play him as a sub let him come in after the heat has died for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back