Not open for further replies.

Nallad

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Will anyone stop this football club in 2015? Their list is formidable. They are not only strong in every position on the field, they have players that are more than capable on the sidelines who are ready to make an impact. Again, they've recruited better than most clubs this off-season without having access to top draft picks. They really are the benchmark of the competition and in my opinion will be invincible in 2015.

My question to you all is, can this football side go undefeated throughout the whole 2015 season? It's a scary thought, but after looking at their list from top to bottom, it is not unreasonable to suggest they will.

The GOAT

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Earth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Certainly won't go undefeated but strong depth should see Hawthorn in the fix for the flag again. Port (with Ryder) and Sydney will be hard to beat.

Iron

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course they will. Didn't you see the grand final? How can they lose if they play that way every week, without any lapses in concentration or pesky injuries or any other million and one things that can go wrong during a year?

matty_hawk

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
orlando magic
We lost 5 games last year. We won't go undefeated for a few reasons. Not least if which being, we may not even be the best team in the league next year. Add to that the fact that if we are on our way to the top 4 again we will rotate players in and out of the side. Then injuries will most likely become a staple for guys in their 30s.

Will anyone stop this football club in 2015? Their list is formidable. They are not only strong in every position on the field, they have players that are more than capable on the sidelines who are ready to make an impact. Again, they've recruited better than most clubs this off-season without having access to top draft picks. They really are the benchmark of the competition and in my opinion will be invincible in 2015.

My question to you all is, can this football side go undefeated throughout the whole 2015 season? It's a scary thought, but after looking at their list from top to bottom, it is not unreasonable to suggest they will.
Wow wow wow. Gellong after 07 looked unstoppable to. Someone will challenge.

Sep 5, 2007
Gippsland, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
Undefeated surely you jest. Their midfield is their weakest link by far and that's where they'll get exposed by fast teams

LOL, we've heard that for years.

Midfield did pretty well in the GF too.

Won't be undefeated, but I think we'll be around the mark again. 3 in a row is bloody hard to do and will again need things to go well for us to salute

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Undefeated surely you jest. Their midfield is their weakest link by far and that's where they'll get exposed by fast teams

No chance the Hawks go undefeated but the comment about the Hawks midfield is plain wrong. Numerous A graders, best pair of wingers in the AFL and Langford coming through with others. The Hawks midfield is massively underrated.

Dec 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City, Box Hill Hawks
Backline isn't much chop.
Their defence isn't amazing though.

Key defenders in the mix: Lake, Gibson, Frawley, Spangher, Schoenmakers
Medium/smalls: Birchall, Stratton, Hodge, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Duryea, Suckling, Litherland

Not sure what our best back 6 is as we change things up all the time, but for arguments sake let's say

Gibson, Lake, Stratton
Birchall, Frawley, Hodge

Not many better backlines than that.

HawkNation

Senior List
Sep 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Key defenders in the mix: Lake, Gibson, Frawley, Spangher, Schoenmakers
Medium/smalls: Birchall, Stratton, Hodge, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Duryea, Suckling, Litherland

Not sure what our best back 6 is as we change things up all the time, but for arguments sake let's say

Gibson, Lake, Stratton
Birchall, Frawley, Hodge

Not many better backlines than that.
Easily the best backline in the game

seysearles

Supreme Leader
Oct 5, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn

They (we) definitely wont do that. We're a really good team with a great structure and leadership but we are not unstoppable like Geelong 2007 or Essendon 2000. We just need to look at previous seasons to see how expectations at the end of seasons can be so misleading. This time last year we expected Fremantle to improve in 2014 which they didn't do. Collingwood were supposed to dominate for years after 2010 and they fell away. Hawks in 2009 didn't even make the 8 after winning the flag in 2008. I expect us to push hard for top.4 and face a number of improving teams like Port, Gold Coast and even teams like Brisbane. Sydney aren't going anywhere either and Fremantle are still there about.

Jimmy Yamazaki

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
As long as the desire is there, they will be in the mix. You have to take your chances though when your team gets momentum, otherwise Hawks score too heavily when they have the momentum. They can kick 5 goals in a row in 5 mins and completely change the game.

seysearles

Supreme Leader
Oct 5, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They've got a great midfield. Smith, Hill, Hartung if needed can provide plenty of pace. Their defence isn't amazing though.

Hawthorn's biggest challenge is less about talent than is about leadership. We have effectively excised all our 30+ brigade Hodge Mitchell Burgoyne and Sewell from the midfield already and replaced them with Shiels Lewis Smith Langford and Hill. This new crew, whilst not being as classy as Sydney or Port's midfields, is holding up pretty well. What we need though is to make sure we have the personnel to cover the leadership of the 3 guys mentioned above when they retire over the next 2 seasons. I mean Luke Hodge is almost like having a senior coach playing on the field. He gives such incredible organisation to the team. Lewis has certainly picked up some of that role but, if I do worry about anything it's how much of an effect that will have on the squad when it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back