Hawthorn - Fantasy, Dreamteam, Supercoach etc discussion - please keep it all in this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of Gunston pushing into the 90+ bracket in Fantasy/DT?

Very tempted to get him in, although I'm worried his scores are tied closely to how many goals he kicks. He doesn't seem to get a lot of the ball, is this correct?

Yeah, he isn't renowned for being a huge ball winner. Only averaged 15 disposals, 6 marks, 2 goals per game last year. The only way his scores will improve is if he's used a bit more as a target inside our 50.

I have queries regarding Langford and Woodward. I have Langford, hoping him to be a cash cow, but am not sure about Woodward and if he's ready to go for round 1 or even round 4 etc. If not Woodward, what you guys think about a Hallahan? Either or is gonna mostly be a sub player on the bench in my team.

I have queries regarding Langford and Woodward. I have Langford, hoping him to be a cash cow, but am not sure about Woodward and if he's ready to go for round 1 or even round 4 etc. If not Woodward, what you guys think about a Hallahan? Either or is gonna mostly be a sub player on the bench in my team.
At the end of the day someone has to replace Sewell for the first 3 rounds. I think after seeing Woodward play, expectations have lowered. Much like Morabito, he has to get comfortable at reserve level and earn his spot. Hallahan on the other hand is ready to go. From a Hawthorn perspective he will more than likely be the man to get the call up, but from a fantasy perspective there are much better prospects from other sides that you should consider first. The only reason you pick these guys is because you think they can play every game or at least to the bye when you trade them out. I personally think it's very very unlikely that Hallahan will do that, but you never know.

Irrespective of Sewell's injury, Langford would have played so I think that's why so many think he is a safe bet.

I have three Hawks in my defence, Mitchell, Hodge and Langford. Although a lot of people recommended Suckling due to his low price I was put off by his tendency in 2012 to get some very low scores. Is he likely to be played in a different position where this may not happen? Or should I go with the three I have?

Seriously tempted to go Daisy > Shiels, bit the possibility of him tagging keeps stopping me, can you convince me?

Well first of all anyone in that price bracket is going to be a risk. Daisy is coming off, what? No or little preseason? Points per minute is good but 66% game time is a concern. Will take time to get match fitness. Shiels is firing and has natural ball winning ability in a side that will likely be top four. Langford has impressed as a tagger and there is no reason to suggest that he won't be given a genuine opportunity to break into our best 22. The risk with Shiels is if Langford looses form and can't do the job, he will loose his spot or worse Shiels will have to curtail someone to help out the young fella.

Who are we hoping gets named next week ? Unless theres a rule where you can continue to trade all round one i have these in my leap of faith:

Def. langford litherland and mcdonald from the roos

Mid. Aish. Lions. Crouch. Crows

Ruck. Longer saints. Brown from roos. Actually he wont play but i will transfer a ruck fwd if needed

Fwd. kennedy harris. From melb

I seem to have the ones i know and some obviously popular selections

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think so. Put it this way it would be a shock selection for him to be omitted. Langford is definitely in my team and I'm not quite sure on Shiels yet. I believe Langford will take his opportunity and relish thus freeing up Shiels. But there's always the possibility that he won't get the job done and Shiels will have to come in a help.
What leans me towards Shiels instead of Thomas for example, is when he is on the ball he racks them up very very quickly.
Hey man, been reading a fair bit of your work in this thread. Thanks for your time for all the enquiries.
My question is, has anything changed now we are into the first round? How was Langfords form during NAB?
Any further insight into Langford being maybe a good B8?
Thanks again.

Hey man, been reading a fair bit of your work in this thread. Thanks for your time for all the enquiries.
My question is, has anything changed now we are into the first round? How was Langfords form during NAB?
Any further insight into Langford being maybe a good B8?
Thanks again.

I think it was more his nab cup form that has put him in front of others. He averaged 84 across the 3 nab games. Although that's great, it's more my belief that he can play enough games in succession to allow me to make a bit of coin out of him. He has versatility, shown by his ability to tag and do it well. He took Ziebell to the cleaners in the second game and kicked 3 goals.

Whilst Hallahan may get some games in Sewell's absence, Langford looks like he has the ability to take Liam Shiels' roll permanently. It's not a form guide swap as Shiels has been freed up to strengthen our midfield, probably at the expense of someone like Simpkin. Simpkin is still the logical sub choice but I'd expect someone like Wanganeen or Anderson when fit to be preferred for development reasons.

I think it was more his nab cup form that has put him in front of others. He averaged 84 across the 3 nab games. Although that's great, it's more my belief that he can play enough games in succession to allow me to make a bit of coin out of him. He has versatility, shown by his ability to tag and do it well. He took Ziebell to the cleaners in the second game and kicked 3 goals.

Whilst Hallahan may get some games in Sewell's absence, Langford looks like he has the ability to take Liam Shiels' roll permanently. It's not a form guide swap as Shiels has been freed up to strengthen our midfield, probably at the expense of someone like Simpkin. Simpkin is still the logical sub choice but I'd expect someone like Wanganeen or Anderson when fit to be preferred for development reasons.
Do you still have him? I reckon he'll be named.
ATM he is my D7 with McDonald. I'm pretty happy with it.
Of course, if you get any inside info let me know :D:p
Thanks man.

Do you still have him? I reckon he'll be named.
ATM he is my D7 with McDonald. I'm pretty happy with it.
Of course, if you get any inside info let me know :D:p
Thanks man.

He will definitely play round 1, depending on when our injured players come back he could play 3 or so early. I have him as my D8/9 as I know he will play early but he may be pushed out and then make some other appearances throughout the year.

No idea how he will score as he will probably tag and may score low but I'm sure he will increase in price enough to justify him. If there were other certain rookie defenders playing I would choose them but happy with Langford, Langdon & McDonald :)

He will definitely play round 1, depending on when our injured players come back he could play 3 or so early. I have him as my D8/9 as I know he will play early but he may be pushed out and then make some other appearances throughout the year.

No idea how he will score as he will probably tag and may score low but I'm sure he will increase in price enough to justify him. If there were other certain rookie defenders playing I would choose them but happy with Langford, Langdon & McDonald :)
THanks H88. Being slightly older and stronger will help him a lot in those early games.:thumbsu:

Im thinking of putting in Langford for Luke Mcdonald i already have georgiou, Langdon and Laidler.

What do you guys think stick with Mcdonald or save 60k and get Langford?

team: Mcveigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, Laidler, and one of Langdon, Langford, Georgiou
or just stick with McDonald?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back