Hawthorn - Fantasy, Dreamteam, Supercoach etc discussion - please keep it all in this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Hill's fantasy numbers have been terrific, averaging 100 so far. Is he worth picking up in AFL Fantasy? Also, why has he improved so suddenly from an average of 50 or so last year?

Brad Hill's fantasy numbers have been terrific, averaging 100 so far. Is he worth picking up in AFL Fantasy? Also, why has he improved so suddenly from an average of 50 or so last year?

Match fitness has improved and runs out games much better. He has always had elite endurance but has learned to use it much better throughout a game.

He is also one of those players that will just keep on improving every year by a fair amount, very exciting player. He is still young though and will have some down weeks you would imagine, so i expect inconsistent fantasy scoring at times.

Tempting pick but be wary. Late in quarters and games though he will be used as he runs so hard to create an option and outlet.

what was all the noise regarding Sam Mitchell last week? I heard he was a chance to miss? What for? is he still a bit injured?

what was all the noise regarding Sam Mitchell last week? I heard he was a chance to miss? What for? is he still a bit injured?

It was a calf injury. He trained last week in the lead up to the Geelong game and got threw and then played on Monday. Nothing major he's right to go for this weeks game against Richmond on Sunday.

It was a calf injury. He trained last week in the lead up to the Geelong game and got threw and then played on Monday. Nothing major he's right to go for this weeks game against Richmond on Sunday.
Cheers!

How's Hallahan's job security looking at the moment? Is he taking anyone's place in particular? Thanks

He's taken over Sewell spot in the team for the time being and so far doing a good job. If he can maintain his current form he'll likely keep Sewell out of the side.

Any chance Duryea will get some improvement in DT numbers (for a DT keepers league - Free agent pickup). Hartung is also available but I know very little about him??

Hmmm doubtful. He plays similar to Guerra did and the same kind of role. Some weeks Duryea could get close to the ton and other weeks get as low as 40. I see him averaging like 60-65 for the year.

Hartung will probably only play a couple of games this year but I can see him being a sub in those games so I would steer clear of him.

Hi Folks,
What is happening with Sam Grimley.
Looked very promising last year but the pickup of McEvoy has probably made life hard for him.
How is he performing in the magoos?
Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its staggering to think how well you are going yet this man seems out of form or hasnt produced what we know he can. I speak of Jarryd Roughead. Why hasnt he been as prolithic this year? change of role without Buddy or has he just not yet fired.

Last year he seemed to enter the onball division quite a few times which has again appeared to happen this year. Just isnt kicking the goals and taking as many marks forward so far.

Hartung will probably only play a couple of games this year but I can see him being a sub in those games so I would steer clear of him.

Do you think he'll be the sub this week? I have Suckling in my team and I just added Hallahan, but if Hallahan's a sub risk I might reverse the trade since I need to play both of them onfield due to all the other outs.

Do you think he'll be the sub this week? I have Suckling in my team and I just added Hallahan, but if Hallahan's a sub risk I might reverse the trade since I need to play both of them onfield due to all the other outs.
It seems to be the pattern for our debutants.

I can't say for certain as Hallahan is a sub risk but I reckon he will play another full game and Hartung will get the subs vest.

Hi guys, does anyone know if Langford's back injury serious or not?

Is it likely Hallahan is out once Shiels and Sewell return after the byes? If he can cover me in the byes it will help. Otherwise I'm left with Johno O'Rourke from the GWS. What do the Hawthorn faithful think?
Sewell probably won't return to the senior team any time soon due to the nature of his injury. Likely to play quite a few weeks at Boxhill first.
Shiels probably comes in after the bye if he's right but also a possibility he'll have a week at Boxhill as well.

If Hallahan plays really well then he'll likely stay in for a good stint as we'll likely start giving the older guys weeks off following the bye.
So basically he'll play well and stay in the team enough to get his price up or he'll be average and get dropped back down in which case he wouldn't make you much money or points anyway.

Is he a vest candidate this week or hartung more likely?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
I would think Hartung given (I'm fairly sure) all our debutants in the last 2 years have started with the vest in the first games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back