Remove this Banner Ad

lyndhurst

Cancelled
Aug 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Now wouldn't that be nice.
My kids asked me if I saw any weakness in the Hawks succession planning over the next few years, last week, and I told them I thought our biggest hurdle would be replacing our big bodied skilled mid fielders as they aged. So many guys are rotating successfully through the centre and Liam has been looking great, but how nice could it be to have this dude rotating on the ball. And I am sure that as an individual, eager to return to Victoria, he can see that Moggs Creek is much closer to our home ground than Adelaide.
And, frankly, who would want to be climbing into the rotting cadaver that once was the Geelong Footy Club. Hard to see much flag-time there in Patricks playing lifetime. Perhaps, just his lifetime......

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...rows-next-season/story-fni5f4l8-1227451202888

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can't see it happening. But the topic has certainly made for some amusing discussions on Cats board and all round media comments. Loving this. But where there's smoke there's fire.

Tyrone Time

Cancelled
May 22, 2015
Baltimore
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
He is going to Collingwood, why are journalists so lazy?
Linking us is just driving his price up, when really we are no chance of signing or wanting him.
There's a young fella at GWS that would suit us better.
But just ask Rucci, those nasty Hawks use free agency to unbalance the competition!!!

No.19

Cancelled
Feb 21, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can he kick or handball to a player in a contest and nail the target 8 times out of 10? Can he find an open player but the kick requires being dead-on accurate?

If not, he doesnt suit our playing style.

Good call. After watching last weekend's showdown, I realised that Dangerfield has no problems in getting the clearance, but his disposal is usually to no one

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Yarran's your man. Deadly trio of him, Cyril and Hill would make the original three amigos look like the three stooges. And have Burgoyne mentor him all the while, ready to take over his role when he is done.

Your first rounder and Jack Gunston would get it done.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yarran's your man. Deadly trio of him, Cyril and Hill would make the original three amigos look like the three stooges. And have Burgoyne mentor him all the while, ready to take over his role when he is done.

BAHAHAHAHA...

CY isn't qualified to tie up Gunnos shoe laces! I like your gameness though, well played.

DEECEE

Premium Platinum
Aug 27, 2007
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
hahaha that article really rustled some jimmys over on the scats board.

There's melters already claiming they will walk away from AFL if we got him. Jez, those supporters really must see the writing on the wall for that club if they don't land danger. Delicious.

Silent Hawk

Debutant
May 6, 2009
Cranbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Yarran is probably worth a 1st rounder only, not combined with Gunners, to be honest.

Anyway, thread is not about who Hawks should recruit, it is about the possibility of Danger coming to Hawks which I don't think will happen - Adelaide only have to match whatever offer is thrown to Danger and I can't see the Hawks making him a big offer that could compromise the playing list

Enjoyed your first para.

Laughed at the second. :D

DannyJ

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

We will also throw in Breust for good measure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyrone Time

Cancelled
May 22, 2015
Baltimore
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
There's melters already claiming they will walk away from AFL if we got him. Jez, those supporters really must see the writing on the wall for that club if they don't land danger. Delicious.

You are talking about the same supporter group who walked out on Enright's 300th and have switched record numbers of memberships to 3 game ones.

Without the aggression
I would have said that Langford is more like Paddy than Lewis, contested beast, bit of burst pace, not the best delivery by foot but the upside.....

Phil McCreviss

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 29, 2007
Manhattan, New York
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yankees, Giants
Dangerfield's in an interesting predicament.

If his desire is to come home for family reasons and be local to Geelong, then it's safe to say he won't finish his career with a premiership. I'd say that if a premiership is his motivation, he is better off staying in Adelaide. Geelong will be rebuilding by next year and they are years off challenging again. I wonder if he would be happy with that?

Great! WIN WIN!

Just read the last few pages of their thread since that article was brought up. They seem unreasonably cranky about it for a group that are apparently convinced that he'll definitely be at either Adelaide or Geelong next year. I think a lot of them are genuinely scared we might actually end up getting him in the end and it will be 10x the embarrassment of the Frawley situation last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back