Hawthorn may emerge as the new frontrunner for Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon guys. The cats aren't a minnows club. How many triple premiership players and AA's do we have in comparison? Our 3 flags were essentially over two lists.

They were a solid team. Like we are now.

Have to admit I haven't watched the Simpsons for more than 10 years.

The important thing is that I was agreeing with you on Emily Blunt

You and I have good taste!

Yep.

If Hawks sign Dangerfield the AFL will take away our COLA and strip us of access to our academy players.
They will give us a harder draw ;)

Yep, she's a true hottie. Looked a-mazing in 'Edge of Tomorrow', and I watched 'Looper' the other night, looking great and can act too.

Edge of Tomorrow is one seriously sick movie.

Back on topic- My thoughts

1) Wont Happen - Clarko is an innovator, he is definately one of the few smart enough to KNOW that you can not pay players 1Mill per season an win flags. Even contributions win flags, not superstars. See Lance Franklin.

2) He is to some degree overrated. Bursting through packs doesn't win you games, it just looks good. I had one person tell me Danger would easily be better than our best player. Personally, I don't think he'd be fit to tie Mitchells bootlaces to be honest, even at Mitch's age. In saying that though, he is a fantastic player, a clearance beast and a capable goal kicker and you'd be mad to not want him. Probably the 5th-7th best midfielder in the league, and without a large enough patch of consistently outstanding form.

3) If he does decide to come to us, it would be on a sustainable wage, which Adelaide would certainly match. We would then have to trade. You'd be looking at Shoe, Hill, first rounder type thing at a minimum.

4) If we could get him, the S**t-storm would be biblical. Rules would be changed.

Exactly. It's funny how they think they're some sort of 'great club' with one of the 'great dynasties' of all time. 3 in 5 years? It's a nice period of success, when the planets aligned for them. When you get 8 in 20 years, come back and talk to us.
Our current mob are their equal, at least, and are possibly about to leave them in their dust.
No doubt they are indeed looking at another 20 years of obscurity now...
I don't think you get to combine an era like that unless you include the almost merging that occurred between those periods.

I don't think you get to combine an era like that unless you include the almost merging that occurred between those periods.
Hmmm....let's examine this for a second. Outside the fact that the failed merger has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with our success from '71-'91, I think it's just slightly more up to Hawthorn supporters and members as to what we do with our 'eras' than it is to some Bomber supporter called 'Saint' on Bigfooty...

Wow! Football history internet style!

We'll let you make it up as you go along. Don't mind us if we laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not exactly sure what that has to do with anything really?

Pretty much every club you could think of were engaged in merger discussions at the point...beside don't you have some supplements / vitamins to horde off somewhere?

Exactly. It's funny how they think they're some sort of 'great club' with one of the 'great dynasties' of all time. 3 in 5 years? It's a nice period of success, when the planets aligned for them. When you get 8 in 20 years, come back and talk to us.
Our current mob are their equal, at least, and are possibly about to leave them in their dust.
No doubt they are indeed looking at another 20 years of obscurity now...

Agree on Hawthorn 2008-2014 = Geelong 2007-2011. If we salute this year naturally we go ahead...

In a way its kind of sad that Geelong's great dynasty is probably below both our 1971-1978 and 1983-1991 eras and the equal of our current era

Yes, they are a bit melty in the Danger thread on the Cats board.

I lurk on their board a little bit from time to time. They talk about the Hawks almost as much as we do.
Honestly embarrassing, and not just the posters but their mods. I posted a really nice and flattering shot of Patrick in Hawthorn strip, provided by one of our gifted colleagues on this forum. Within 5 minutes I had been called all sorts of unspeakable words, and was banned for 24 hours.
In all seriousness, who do they think they are ? Dangerfield is not a Geelong player, has no contract, and currently has no ties to GFC, yet those humourless muppets decided to red card on the basis of a post asserting the very real prospect that Patrick will end up at Waverley.
Honest to goodness, those catter boys are a bunch of unhappy losers. They had better get used to losing.

Gotta thank whoever started this rumour. Even if it's garbage its worth the laugh seeing ppl lose the plot over the prospect. Eddie's purple scone almost exploded on the issue on fox. Funny thing is though whether we attract him or anyone else we'll have done it by good management and within a regulated cap. Of course u won't hear this as McGuire was intimating some sort of foul play involved should we land dangerfield. Of course they deserved the generous compo picks they got for Thomas, shaw and wellingham and if treloar ends up there too... Well of course it's all good. U never hear that we lost franklin and they still claim Lake was a free agent. What u will hear is the media still bleeding about the swans being banned from trading last year.

Don't wanna be spiteful but it would be fun to sign him and play him in box hill. At least against the box hill v Geelong clash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back